What's new

India can promote growth in region

It is futile to talk with the Indians here, their country is the only one in the world that thinks "Kashmir is an integral part of India", while the world world accepts Pakistan's stance that "Kashmir is disputed territory", yet they want to argue.

He says that attacking in Kashmir is not aggression as per UN but he forgot that they were made to get out of Kargil in 99 from international community! Very unfortunate that these people do not even apply logic, all they love is theories..

That is true, whether LOC or IB any adventure is an aggression.

@On the topic
The article did not explain how India can promote growth in region. I was expecting some concrete steps and plans

Enough of India obession..right now we have better examples to follow..China, Russia, Taiwan, Japan and Signapore are better Asian markets to be emulated.

Enough of India obession..right now we have better examples to follow..China, Russia, Taiwan, Japan and Signapore are better Asian markets to be emulated.

You know when i put this thread up and Im beginning to think you are right

It is futile to talk with the Indians here, their country is the only one in the world that thinks "Kashmir is an integral part of India", while the world world accepts Pakistan's stance that "Kashmir is disputed territory", yet they want to argue.

There are only two countries in the world which have an opinion on this topic,which is India and Pak and they have opposite views,others are too arsed about their soveriegn debt crises and trade and current deficits,i doubt if some of them can even manage to spell Kashmir correctly.

infact both of us should rather say "kashmir is not an integral part of pakistan" and "kashmir is not an integral part of india",that we get to agree and have a happy ending.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

when did russia get into asia,even Japan is not counted in Asia?

If you're so intelligent and honest unlike Indians then why don't you prove your claim? lol on you man..

Kashmir is Disputed Territory: Washington

At a White House briefing on April 11, 1995, Raphael was asked what the latest position of the Clinton administration was on Kashmir. “Actually, our position has remained constant; the US position even before the Clinton administration has remained constant,” she said. “We view the entire formal princely state of Jammu and Kashmir as disputed territory. In our view, India and Pakistan need to get together and have serious negotiations on how to resolve this dispute and other problems between them."

Thank god 1995,i thought u were going to get back to the 1950s.

An interesting thread that has been ruined by indians and pakistanis who think that they have a god given right to kashmir. Yea we know there is a problem there. It has to be solved hopefully peacefully. how many of you armchair soldiers are prepared to lose a brother a sister a child etc. Talk is cheap and life is precious. We indians and pakistanis have already lost valuable lives on this problem. Has it solved the eproblem -no. Pakistan has part of kashmir as do india and china.

That is fine. Why don't you give a concrete plan on how India can promote growth in this area?

IMO, there is too much distrust amongst South Asian countries for any plan to move forward. SAARC is an example. In spite of having around 1.5 billion people, great potential and growing middle class, SAARC is defunct. It is almost impossible for me to get a Pakistani visa and you an Indian visa, so what is the use of talking of plans that can promote growth in this area.

It was your Govt who started it first by giving refugee to Naga Mizo insurgents , we merely responded.

Here are some declassified American diplomatic telegrams vindicating my statement.

farland7apr1970a.jpg

India started the training of the Mukti Bahini in East Pakistan much before that, in 1969.

That is fine. Why don't you give a concrete plan on how India can promote growth in this area?

IMO, there is too much distrust amongst South Asian countries for any plan to move forward. SAARC is an example. In spite of having around 1.5 billion people, great potential and growing middle class, SAARC is defunct. It is almost impossible for me to get a Pakistani visa and you an Indian visa, so what is the use of talking of plans that can promote growth in this area.

IPI pipeline would be a good start. Iran gains sales, pakistan transit fees and india cheaper energy. We need to work on projects where our interest converge Look Germany and france used to be at each others throats a few years back look at them today.

IPI pipeline would be a good start. Iran gains sales, pakistan transit fees and india cheaper energy. We need to work on projects where our interest converge Look Germany and france used to be at each others throats a few years back look at them today.

I would disagree, unless countries in this region trust each other and see a common interest; there can be no plan that would promote economic growth, and even if the region have plans such as IPI they would not yield positive dividends

TAPI is more realistic because ADB are funding a major part of it

I would disagree, unless countries in this region trust each other and see a common interest; there can be no plan that would promote economic growth, and even if the region have plans such as IPI they would not yield positive dividends

Dont you get it most average indians or pakistanis just want to live there lives they are not interested on the whole what our corrupt politicos are up to. How many do you think wake up in the morning thinking hey kashmir. If our politicos were not corrupt we would already moving closer.

Back
Top Bottom