What's new

India-born Sundar Pichai is new CEO of Google

WELL the people they hiring are doing it willingly due to better pay and benefits and life style.

you can't stop them every human has the right to seek better opportunities. if you have the skills they would allow you as well to rise in rank.
Who wants to stop them, naah, you are mistaken. I'm saying it is not that we, as a country are getting benefitted. I'm happy as an Indian, but that's about it.

Shareholders rule , this change is likely driven by them , just like what is happening to Qualcomm which is shedding 15% of its workforce due to guidance given by one of its share holder

Essentially google is separating the the non-profitable ventures from the profitable ones.

The indian has been tasked to slave it out and save the ship of google's non-profitable ventures , much like Satya Nadela was made CEO of Microsoft at the tail end of Microsoft's corporate life cycle, when the entity was not generating profits as it once used to.

Google to restructure under 'Alphabet' umbrella with search engine as one of several entities - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
All projects under Alphabet 'must produce results': tech analyst
The reorganisation comes amid concerns that Google's dominance of the technology sector may have peaked as the landscape evolves.

Google has for years been the leader in internet searches and has turned advertising linked to those searches into a highly lucrative business.

But its shares have struggled since hitting an all-time high in early 2014 and it has little to show for ventures in other areas, including self-driving cars, Google Glass, internet balloons, health care, Google TV, mobile payments, home automation and its Google+ social network, among others.

CEOS position in itself is handful. A company like IBM or Microsoft employing 2 lakh people has one CEO. If is is all about a proportion of 1 BN than how many Bangladeshis are CEO of multinational corporations. You should also have 1/5th or 1/6 th compared to India.

No We have excellent level in our in regional collages as well.. Our small city universities have produced some top most CEOS of the world.
Please Don't dodo this :disagree:

Not interested in a dick measuring contest. Fact is you're taking pride in the success of the alumni of an institution you couldn't get into.. Lol. ;p

IIT is pretty well respected in BD too. When they can't get into BUET, they try IIT. Not that BUET's any better, but it's always nice to be doing undergrad at home.
Thank you buddy they are just poking:stop:

Why stop at selling stocks? - Stop using Google and Microsoft altogether :D Evil baniyas! :devil:

On topic - There are literally too many of them to remember - here are some of them I could recall -

Google >> Sundarajan Pichai
Microsoft >> Satya Nadella
Pepsi >> Indira Nooyi
SanDisk >> Sanjay Mehrotra
Adobe >> Shantanu Narayen
MasterCard >> Ajay Banga
Cognizant >> Francisco D'Souza
Softbank >> Nikesh Arora
Reckitt Benckiser >> Rakesh Kapoor
DBS Group Holdings >> Piyush Gupta
Global Foudries >> Sanjay Jha
Diageo >> Ivan Menezes
Deloitte >> Punit Renjen
Berkshire Hathaway >> Ajit Jain
Harman International >> Dinesh Paliwal
Bose Corporation >> Amar G. Bose

Ambassadors of Brand India abroad!
th_Indian_flag.gif

And now ask yourself why they all moved to other countries in order to unleash their potential?
Why couldnt they build their dreams in India?
How many of them are still Indian?

We should ask ourselves about the structural and society related problems here in India which push away our greatest brains.

That was Amit Singhal's doing. He supposedly went to Larry Page & said that it was either Marissa Mayer or him. Page was not about to let Singhal go, even if he & Mayers were romantically involved at some point in time.... Pichai had no real clout at that time. He reported to Mayer. Singhal is a Google Fellow, pretty much the father of the search engine itself (the algorithm used in Google search was written by Singhal after he completely rewrote the earlier one by Sergey Brin) and he didn't like the idea of having Mayer interfere with the work of his engineers.

Meyer had an affair with Page?

And now ask yourself why they all moved to other countries in order to unleash their potential?
Why couldnt they build their dreams in India?
How many of them are still Indian?

We should ask ourselves about the structural and society related problems here in India which push away our greatest brains.

Leave it - not the first time it's being discussed - Brain drain isn't limited to India or the developing economies but also to the already developed economies like UK and France as well - the ones having a much much higher per capita income -

70% of British graduates set to avoid the world of work and move abroad | Daily Mail Online
France's Brain and Wealth Drain | National Review Online

Don't like it - ignore it.

Leave it - not the first time it's being discussed - Brain drain isn't limited to India or the developing economies but also to the already developed economies like UK and France as well - the ones having a much much higher per capita income -

70% of British graduates set to avoid the world of work and move abroad | Daily Mail Online
France's Brain and Wealth Drain | National Review Online

Don't like it - ignore it.

But the results are far more serious in developing countries, and I dont get why all Indians suddenly jump up and down on this o_O

Especially when those guys arent even Indians anymore.

Besides, why should I "ignore" things just because you are uncomfortable with it?

Says a indian :)
picture-31-12.png

Why are u so obsessed with color of a person ! One of my friend was little black but he has almost all qualification and big brain with B.E,ME(IIT),MBA(London) and ton others and working IBM in china.

By the way don't consult if doctors are black and don't take any help if found to be black.

Why stop at selling stocks? - Stop using Google and Microsoft altogether :D Evil baniyas! :devil:

On topic - There are literally too many of them to remember - here are some of them I could recall -

Google >> Sundarajan Pichai
Microsoft >> Satya Nadella
Pepsi >> Indira Nooyi
SanDisk >> Sanjay Mehrotra
Adobe >> Shantanu Narayen
MasterCard >> Ajay Banga
Cognizant >> Francisco D'Souza
Softbank >> Nikesh Arora
Reckitt Benckiser >> Rakesh Kapoor
DBS Group Holdings >> Piyush Gupta
Global Foudries >> Sanjay Jha
Diageo >> Ivan Menezes
Deloitte >> Punit Renjen
Berkshire Hathaway >> Ajit Jain
Harman International >> Dinesh Paliwal
Bose Corporation >> Amar G. Bose

Ambassadors of Brand India abroad!
th_Indian_flag.gif

Most of these people are not even Indian any more.

Why are u so obsessed with color of a person ! One of my friend was little black but he has almost all qualification and big brain with B.E,ME(IIT),MBA(London) and ton others and working IBM in china.

By the way don't consult if doctors are black and don't take any help if found to be black.
Use your common sense i am not a racist but i have to reply in the same tone when someone insult me.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom