What's new

India-born Sundar Pichai is new CEO of Google

Not interested in a dick measuring contest. Fact is you're taking pride in the success of the alumni of an institution you couldn't get into.. Lol. ;p

Isn't that how we roll here on this forum?

If you missed it, there's a long running thread about how poorly Indians fair in Maths Olympiad. Does that mean that the bozos posting about it here have won medals for themselves in the Olympiad? In fact, the Chinese and the generally racist Serbians and Sri Lankans make it sound as if Indians doing poorly in Maths Olympiad is due to some kind of fault in our genes!

The fact is, anything that India does poorly is a stick to beat Indians with, on this forum. So why are Indians not allowed our precious few moments under the sun (admittedly it is NOT our own individual success)?

Isn't that how we roll here on this forum?

If you missed it, there's a long running thread about how poorly Indians fair in Maths Olympiad. Does that mean that the bozos posting about it here have won medals for themselves in the Olympiad? In fact, the Chinese and the generally racist Serbians and Sri Lankans make it sound as if Indians doing poorly in Maths Olympiad is due to some kind of fault in our genes!

The fact is, anything that India does poorly is a stick to beat Indians with, on this forum. So why are Indians not allowed our precious few moments under the sun (admittedly it is NOT our own individual success)?

Fair enough. The guys posting all day about other people's success on the Olympiads need to press the power button on their computers and go get some sunlight. ;p

The new mother company will include, besides Google, units such as Calico (which focuses on Longevity), X lab (which incubates new efforts like Wing, Google's drone delivery effort) and units dealing with life sciences (such as the one working on smart contact lens that detects blood sugar level). Google's investment arms, Ventures and Capital, will also be part of Alphabet.

good decision by google to split and rearrange itself... it wasn't elegant for a unit like "calico" to be connected ordinarily to a company named solely after a search engine.

sundar.jpg

Pichai, 43, a Chennai native who went to IIT Kharagpur and later to Stanford and Wharton, will take charge of a slimmed down Google.
WASHINGTON: India-born Sundar Pichai was named CEO of Google on Tuesday by the company's founders Larry Page and Sergei Brin in course of a re-organization that created a mother company called Alphabet.

Pichai, 43, a Chennai native who went to IIT Kharagpur and later to Stanford and Wharton, will take charge of a slimmed down Google (quickly dubbed Google Minus) that Larry Page said will be stripped of companies "that are pretty far afield of our main Internet products," which will all go into Alphabet. Page will be CEO of Alphabet.

READ ALSO: Google to become Alphabet Inc in shakeup

The new mother company will include, besides Google, units such as Calico (which focuses on Longevity), X lab (which incubates new efforts like Wing, Google's drone delivery effort) and units dealing with life sciences (such as the one working on smart contact lens that detects blood sugar level). Google's investment arms, Ventures and Capital, will also be part of Alphabet.

"We've long believed that over time companies tend to get comfortable doing the same thing, just making incremental changes. But in the technology industry, where revolutionary ideas drive the next big growth areas, you need to be a bit uncomfortable to stay relevant," Page said in a blog explaining the rational for the restructuring, adding that the "new structure will allow us to keep tremendous focus on the extraordinary opportunities we have inside of Google."

Still, Google will remain the biggest piece of Alphabet. Explaining Pichai's elevation, Page said he (Pichai) has really stepped up since October of last year, when he took on product and engineering responsibility for Google's Internet businesses.

"Sergey (Brin) and I have been super excited about his progress and dedication to the company. And it is clear to us and our board that it is time for Sundar to be CEO of Google. I feel very fortunate to have someone as talented as he is to run the slightly slimmed down Google and this frees up time for me to continue to scale our aspirations," he wrote.

He said he has been "spending quite a bit of time with Sundar, helping him and the company in any way I can, and I will of course continue to do that."

A straight elevation for Pichai would have meant that two of the world's five largest companies by marketcap are headed by executives of Indian-origin -- Pichai at Google which is ranked #4, and Microsoft, which is ranked # 5, is helmed by Satya Nadella.

But it won't be so straightforward. Page explained that Alphabet Inc. will replace Google Inc. as the publicly-traded entity and all shares of Google will automatically convert into the same number of shares of Alphabet, with all of the same rights. Google will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alphabet, which he (Page) will helm. The company's two classes of shares will continue to trade on Nasdaq as GOOGL and GOOG.

Still, the elevation is a milestone for Indian-origin CEOs, of whom there are at least half dozen in Fortune 500 companies, including Indra Nooyi at Pepsi, Ajit Banga at Mastercard, and Sanjay Mehrotra at SanDisk. There is a good chance that the third ranked Berkshire Hathaway too could be headed by a PIO with Ajit Jain strongly tipped to succeed Warren Buffett. Apple and Exxon Mobil are ranked #1 and #2 respectively.
India-born Sundar Pichai is new CEO of Google - The Times of India

Respect big time ......

I would like to present the problem this represents for nationalist pakistanis on youtube and google. I have seen good Pakistani video producers like TMNY have their accounts closed due to the hawkish policies of pro india google and youtube. A video I produced on China was removed for some reason while Indian videos mocking us are never deleted. An entire account was closed and some accounts (channels) of allies to the Pakistani Nationalist have been deleted. I assure them these accounts were in no way doing anything wrong. It is the resonsibility of google to treat all equally. Instead Pakistani members have been receiving threats on youtube.

The Indians will clearly celebrate this but this represents the growing isolation of Pakistan as Pakistanis. From personal experience I can tell Pakistani youtube users, patriotic Pakistanis are at the receiving end . I also have some information on RAW attempts to frame innocent Pakistanis in Pakistan that can be useful for Pakistan which I obviously wouldn't share here. But we video producers have received death threats, channel deletions, even Indian posts threatening murder and admitting murder including one which claimed the murder of 27 civilians are deleted to protect the identity of those Indians. I have been threatened once that my family in Lucknow would be killed.

I am not being a grouch but coming from this background, with google already being Pro-Indian an Indian CEO will be double trouble for us. But we Pakistanis are still in the stone age and unwilling to increase our information power. The ones that try are obviously facing similar problems me and my allies have faced.

Currently youtube comes under google. An Indian CEO poses an increased threat to us Pakistanis on youtube. If we thought we could expect something from our own government it has hurt businessmen and video producers by banning youtube. I believe no news ever comes that is good for the average Pakistani.

I would like to present the problem this represents for nationalist pakistanis on youtube and google. I have seen good Pakistani video producers like TMNY have their accounts closed due to the hawkish policies of pro india google and youtube. A video I produced on China was removed for some reason while Indian videos mocking us are never deleted. An entire account was closed and some accounts (channels) of allies to the Pakistani Nationalist have been deleted. I assure them these accounts were in no way doing anything wrong. It is the resonsibility of google to treat all equally. Instead Pakistani members have been receiving threats on youtube.

The Indians will clearly celebrate this but this represents the growing isolation of Pakistan as Pakistanis. From personal experience I can tell Pakistani youtube users, patriotic Pakistanis are at the receiving end . I also have some information on RAW attempts to frame innocent Pakistanis in Pakistan that can be useful for Pakistan which I obviously wouldn't share here. But we video producers have received death threats, channel deletions, even Indian posts threatening murder and admitting murder including one which claimed the murder of 27 civilians are deleted to protect the identity of those Indians. I have been threatened once that my family in Lucknow would be killed.

I am not being a grouch but coming from this background, with google already being Pro-Indian an Indian CEO will be double trouble for us. But we Pakistanis are still in the stone age and unwilling to increase our information power. The ones that try are obviously facing similar problems me and my allies have faced.

Currently youtube comes under google. An Indian CEO poses an increased threat to us Pakistanis on youtube. If we thought we could expect something from our own government it has hurt businessmen and video producers by banning youtube. I believe no news ever comes that is good for the average Pakistani.

YouTube never ban any zaid hamid videos. I have not seen any other species which is more insecure than Pakistanis.

I would like to present the problem this represents for nationalist pakistanis on youtube and google.I assure them these accounts were in no way doing anything wrong. It is the resonsibility of google to treat all equally. Instead Pakistani members have been receiving threats on youtube.

The Indians will clearly celebrate this but this represents the growing isolation of Pakistan as Pakistanis.. including one which claimed the murder of 27 civilians are deleted to protect the identity of those Indians. I have been threatened once that my family in Lucknow would be killed.

Here it is...Now the post is complete :enjoy:

Here it is...Now the post is complete :enjoy:
Indians typically finding death threats and murder of innocent local citizens funny but crying the moment it happens in their own home. Might I remind you about Mumbai. Have a good day.

Why stop at selling stocks? - Stop using Google and Microsoft altogether :D Evil baniyas! :devil:

On topic - There are literally too many of them to remember - here are some of them I could recall -

Google >> Sundarajan Pichai
Microsoft >> Satya Nadella
Pepsi >> Indira Nooyi
SanDisk >> Sanjay Mehrotra
Adobe >> Shantanu Narayen
MasterCard >> Ajay Banga
Cognizant >> Francisco D'Souza
Softbank >> Nikesh Arora
Reckitt Benckiser >> Rakesh Kapoor
DBS Group Holdings >> Piyush Gupta
Global Foudries >> Sanjay Jha
Diageo >> Ivan Menezes
Deloitte >> Punit Renjen
Berkshire Hathaway >> Ajit Jain
Harman International >> Dinesh Paliwal
Bose Corporation >> Amar G. Bose

Ambassadors of Brand India abroad!
th_Indian_flag.gif

I remember having a discussion with some chinese member on this forum regarding the success of indians in leadership roles in global companies. The dude was adamant that the successes (all of them) were because indians spoke good english :o: My arguments and citations to the contrary were useless and after a while educating him was a chore so I let that one pass. That chinese guy must be admiring pichai's grammatical skills now i guess :lol:

And its a pity that sundar pichai OR Amit Singhal probably never won international maths olympiad or won that coding competition (can't remember its name though all chinese do). Wait for them to flood this thread and paint them both as inferior to some coding competition winning Chinese !

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom