What's new

India Bans Zakir Naik’s Islamic Propaganda Channel Peace TV.

I am not fan of zakir naik as find his tactics quiet boring but Indians have double standard. they give all sort of freedom to all these anti Muslim and extremist Hindu organisation i.e RSS, arya samaj, bajrag Daal , gau raskha etc who are running ghar wapisi programme and speeding hatred against Islam and Muslims openly and even taking laws in their hands against those who eat beef ..Why dont ban these goons as well?

[video]

[video]

[video]

"Every Muslim must be a terrorist"

Come again?
If i understand it correctly then it say all those Muslims who are terrorising the terrorist i.e referring bush and son for their illegal wars and invasion to muslism countries )..We know iraq war was based on lies and deception so it make blair and bush terrorist for killing of all those innocent who lost their lives during this illegal military adventure

see what he said about ISIS

[video]

Peace tv is running in UK/Europe and USA as well . I doubt they would let it run if it was supporting terrorism in any form. This Indian attempt of banning peace tv is to please Hindu nationalists

This action is without any investigation at all.

Dr Zakir Naik rebuttal to all this propaganda against him is quite convincing. Its BJP Hindu nationalist/extremist govt in India, so what can you expect

I am not fan of zakir naik as find his tactics quiet boring but Indians have double standard. they give all sort of freedom to all these anti Muslim and extremist Hindu organisation i.e RSS, arya samaj, bajrag Daal , gau raskha etc who are running ghar wapisi programme and speeding hatred against Islam and Muslims openly and even taking laws in their hands against those who eat beef ..Why dont ban these goons as well?

You're right, all these religious lunatics need to put in line.

[video]

[video]

[video]

If i understand it correctly then it say all those Muslims who are terrorising the terrorist i.e referring bush and son for their illegal wars and invasion to muslism countries )..We know iraq war was based on lies and deception so it make blair and bush terrorist for killing of all those innocent who lost their lives during this illegal military adventure

[video]

Peace tv is running in UK/Europe and USA as well . I doubt they would let it run if it was supporting terrorism in any form. This Indian attempt of banning peace tv is to please Hindu nationalists

All injustices should be brought to court of law for trial and prosecution.

But look what happens right outside the court of law in Pakistan:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27593504

and how your minorities face such injustice:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/...an-couple-killed-mob-2014115154959911691.html

So don't go off topic here (and throw stones from a glass house) about general abuse of people in societies and countries for whatever reason....we are talking solely about hate speech and suspected terror links of an individual (Zakir Naik). If others are guilty of the same, let it be handled by a court of law which the victims can approach for due process.

If i understand it correctly then it say all those Muslims who are terrorising the terrorist i.e referring bush and son for their illegal wars and invasion to muslism countries )..We knew iraq war was based on lies and deception so it make blair and bush terrorist for all those innocent who lost their lives during this illegal military adventure

But do you not see how the words are hate speech? Whenever you call for terrorism to be done against a whole country (USA), that is hate speech pure and simple. Justifying by saying that you think its ok because their leaders are terrorists is quite foolhardy and idiotic and it will not stand up in court as a defense. You are basically saying that full scale terrorism is fine as long as you feel the leader of the country is a terrorist. If its specific to only the leaders, he should have used just those leaders name and not the whole country's name. A country is much more than just its leaders. But he knew he would get maximum inflammation by the same old US - great satan terrorist and by justifying terrorism as "reactionary" to that. It is inflammatory hate speech pure and simple. It is prohibited under Indian constitution.

This is just one example of it too. He has many others.

Not all his speech is hate speech. You dont have to have 100% indulgence in hate speech to be guilty of it. Just one sentence is enough. When you are visible enough and popular enough, just a few words have much more impact than it would for a regular joe....because of audience reach. Hence he must be prosecuted for coming under the guise of tele-evangelism but inserting hate speech here and there just to stoke people enough but still look like he is a calm scholar because of the bulk of his material. Its not going to fly anymore.

Peace tv is running in UK/Europe and USA as well . I doubt they would let it run if it was supporting terrorism in any form. This attempt of banning peace tv is to please Hindu nationalists

UK/Europe/USA is not India. Various countries have also banned him from entering for his hate speeches....but again that is their decision and is of no concern to how we proceed now with him. We care only about the Indian constitution.

Kalyan: Mumbai-based preacher Dr Zakir Naik , who is under the scanner after two of the Dhaka terrorists claimed he was an inspiration, seemed to have been followed by four youths from here who had run away to join the Islamic State.

Areeb Majeed, one of the Protesters supporting Zakir Naik clash with police in Srinagar four who returned last year and was arrested for links with IS, is believed to have told interrogators of the National Investigation Agency that he was inspired to delve deeper into Islam after hearing the lectures of Naik.

Copies of Naik's lectures were also found in a Darbhanga library frequented by Indian Mujahideen members. The Centre and the state are studying preacher Zakir Naik's lectures and videos after Bangladesh said his sermons, which draw wide audiences on TV and online across the world, inspired two of the seven young terrorists who slaughtered 20 hostages on Friday night in a posh Dhaka cafe.

Sleuths from Darbhanga in Bihar where a module of the Indian Mujahideen was busted in 2010-11 claimed that many hard copies of Naik's lectures were found in a library that was frequented by the members of the terror module, including founder-member Yasin Bhatkal.

Like the Dhaka terrorists, the youths from Kalyan — Areeb Majeed, Fahad Shaikh and Amaan Tandel who joined IS — are from well-to-do families and were studying engineering. Only Saheem Tanki, who went with them, had failed HSC.

TOI has learnt that Majeed told the NIA he became very religious after hearing Naik, known as an expert on comparative religion. As he began trying to read more about puritanical Islam, around January 2014, he learnt about the IS and their drive to establish a caliphate in Iraq and Syria. Soon, he was bombarded on Facebook and other social media and spoke to people in Turkey, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and the US, who began indoctrinating him.

In Darbhanga, a number of books, speeches, and photographs of Naik were recovered from the Dar-ul-Qitab-Sunna library near Al-Hira Public School in the Karimganj area. Yasin Bhatkal, who was arrested by NIA from Raxaul in 2012, used to frequent the library during his stay in Darbhanga, mostly during 2010-11. "During the visit, he confessed other IM members like Kafeel Akhtar alias Chota Kafeel and Tahseen alias Monu used to visit the library, said a security official.

• Book homes from local hosts in 191+ countries
    Airbnb
Recommended By Colombia

"They used to provoke religious feelings for anti-national activities and indoctrinated many youth citing atrocities like Babri Masjid and the Gujarat riots. The library was stuffed with books and hard copies of Zakir's speeches," he added.

Naik had addressed a public meeting in minority-dominated Kisanganj in 2012. "There was no ban on Zakir Naik... His rallies used to witness huge footfall in Bihar," the official said.
Top Comment
why only digvijay singh? the whole of congress party is anti hindu party. people like kejru use word Allah tala in muslim dominated area. These fellows can stoop to any level to garner votes. It is ... Read MoreK.v. Amla

Brain-washed, Majeed started reading about IS on social media and finally got in touch with a woman, Tahirah Bhatt, who told him how to join the banned group. Majeed contacted Shaikh, Tanki and Tandel and left for Iraq in May last year. Presently, Majeed is in jail, Tanki is said to have died fighting, and Shaikh had contacted his family a few months ago. There has been no news of Tandel.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-had-gone-to-join-IS/articleshow/53123919.cms

All injustices should be brought to court of law for trial and prosecution.

But look what happens right outside the court of law in Pakistan:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27593504

and how your minorities face such injustice:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/...an-couple-killed-mob-2014115154959911691.html

So don't go off topic here (and throw stones from a glass house) about general abuse of people in societies and countries for whatever reason....we are talking solely about hate speech and suspected terror links of an individual (Zakir Naik). If others are guilty of the same, let it be handled by a court of law which the victims can approach for due process.

But do you not see how the words are hate speech? Whenever you call for terrorism to be done against a whole country (USA), that is hate speech pure and simple. Justifying by saying that you think its ok because their leaders are terrorists is quite foolhardy and idiotic and it will not stand up in court as a defense. You are basically saying that full scale terrorism is fine as long as you feel the leader of the country is a terrorist. If its specific to only the leaders, he should have used just those leaders name and not the whole country's name. A country is much more than just its leaders. But he knew he would get maximum inflammation by the same old US - great satan terrorist and by justifying terrorism as "reactionary" to that. It is inflammatory hate speech pure and simple. It is prohibited under Indian constitution.

This is just one example of it too. He has many others.

Not all his speech is hate speech. You dont have to have 100% indulgence in hate speech to be guilty of it. Just one sentence is enough. When you are visible enough and popular enough, just a few words have much more impact than it would for a regular joe....because of audience reach. Hence he must be prosecuted for coming under the guise of tele-evangelism but inserting hate speech here and there just to stoke people enough but still look like he is a calm scholar because of the bulk of his material. Its not going to fly anymore.

UK/Europe/USA is not India. Various countries have also banned him from entering for his hate speeches....but again that is their decision and is of no concern to how we proceed now with him. We care only about the Indian constitution.
Dude try to understand the post first before posting this long reply. I said he was saying that Muslim should be terrorist against those who are terrorising them i.e those who wage illegal wars and fight against you..no where he was asking to go for attacking whole USA. You clearly ignored second video where he said no innocent person should be harm..were not these same talibans and osama were freedom fighters for USA when they were fighting with communist russia ?

That video is from Bangladesh.

Why are you guys so conveniently naïve?
i can post 1000 more from India..just go in youtube and search it

13606972_1039925512788736_659208582027889754_n.jpg

You clearly ignored second video where he said no innocent person should be harm

Its not the first time hes conventiently contradicted himself, neither will it be the last.

Anyways this is India's internal business, he is an Indian citizen. Your comments and protests are duly noted and filed in the dont care cabinet.

After all, I would not be in line to say what Pakistan govt should do with a hypothetical Hindu leader in Pakistan indulging in hate speech (we already know what they do to common civilians accused of blasphemy).

Let the Indian legal process handle him and that's that.

Dude try to understand the post first before posting this long reply. I said he was saying that Muslim should be terrorist against those who are terrorising them i.e those who wage illegal wars and fight against you..no where he was asking to go for attacking whole USA. You clearly ignored second video where he said no innocent person should be harm..were not these same talibans and osama were freedom fighters for USA when they were fighting with communist russia ?

i can post 1000 more from India..just go in youtube and search it

Yet you posted a fake one. Most of the videos on youtube are fake with misleading titles.

Yet you posted a fake one. Most of the videos on youtube are fake with misleading titles.
well i have no time to verify every single video but point was you should also take action against those hindu who are spreading hatred and terror

Zakir Naik may not be supporting terror or such as implied; but he is the equivalent of the copy paste trollers here who have nothing to contribute besides pasting wikipedia articles or fluff pieces.
@Oscar sir, there are two points which I will to put forth. Firstly the channel against which there is call for ban is one channel in the list of many such channels which are being aired illegally, so either it needs to follow due system for functioning or it needs to shut down. Second point I believe you like many others have not seen his views on misuse of Islamic power against those who belong to the faith other than his version of Islam, and not only that but he also asked Muslims to attack their similar kind opponent exclaim whether opponent is party in crimes or not. So it is not only discriminatory but inflames one set of Islamic faith people against other faith people. Hope you understand the same. Some videos are shared in thread for the same. But if you wish there are whole lot of videos to support the same. I would go further and would like the government to ban all those who are not following legal process for airing the channels. It's all my personal views.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom