What's new

India asks Korea for a shipyard JV to build naval ships worth tens of bill

The link you provided is so pathetic, if that is all. Not much of a maritime heritage if you ask me.

Now this is a maritime power.

Song Dynasty ocean going junk
SongJunk.jpg

Junks were regarded as sturdy ships that could be used safely for sailing long distances. The junk evolved with superior hull designs and sail plans which were incorporated profitably in Western shipbuilding at a later date. The junk was considered an efficient ship that could be navigated on the stormy seas as well as the inland waterways China dominated the sea trade for centuries with the help of the versatile junks that proved efficient for transporting goods and people with ease.

Ming Dynasty Admiral Zheng He Treasure ship
ZhengHeShip.jpg

voyages-of-zheng-he-map.jpg

Cough cough....round 400 years after the Cholas had already established the routes in the Malacca. Always, always johnny come lately. And a 1000 years after the IVC. cough cough.

Cough cough....round 400 years after the Cholas had already established the routes in the Malacca. Always, always johnny come lately. And a 1000 years after the IVC. cough cough.

You are a poor reader. First picture was a SONG dynasty ship. Song Dynasty (960–1279)

The Song court maintained diplomatic relations with Chola India, Fatimid Egypt, Srivijaya, the Kara-Khanid Khanate of Central Asia, and other countries that were also trade partners.

The economic power of Song China heavily influenced foreign economies abroad. The Moroccan geographer al-Idrisi wrote in 1154 of the prowess of Chinese merchant ships in the Indian Ocean :woot: and of their annual voyages that brought iron, swords, silk, velvet, porcelain, and various textiles to places such as Aden (Yemen), the Indus River, and the Euphrates in modern-day Iraq.

You are a poor reader. First picture was a SONG dynasty ship. Song Dynasty (960–1279)

The Song court maintained diplomatic relations with Chola India, Fatimid Egypt, Srivijaya, the Kara-Khanid Khanate of Central Asia, and other countries that were also trade partners.

The economic power of Song China heavily influenced foreign economies abroad. The Moroccan geographer al-Idrisi wrote in 1154 of the prowess of Chinese merchant ships in the Indian Ocean :woot: and of their annual voyages that brought iron, swords, silk, velvet, porcelain, and various textiles to places such as Aden (Yemen), the Indus River, and the Euphrates in modern-day Iraq.

Again....cough cough....Chola dynasty was there since BC. We were trading with the Romans and Greeks in BC through trade routes. So read more. The time you have mentioned is only the peak of the Chola empire. Not when they started trading routes. This is much earlier. And the IVC ports lets not even go down there.

Please note : My posts are not to say the Chinese do not have a maritime tradition, simply to refute an earlier poster who was laughing at Indian maritime history.

Chinese used silk route for trading they have no maritime tradition, Do not invent history

Now a chinese origin taiwanese living in US will enlighten Indian about their own ancestors....:hang3:

Looks like cpc isn't paying timely its oustanding wages these days....:rofl:

In 1050 ad, Chola empire of southern Indian conquered England, France, holy roman Germany, states in modern Italy, lower countries, Greece, and Iberian Muslim Moores. Chola empire called this empire Chola Europe and an identity of an European nation was created. The main language that tie Europe together is Tamil. Eventually, Europe gain independent from Chola empire but the Muslim Iberian peninsula form it's own country. The rest of western Europe become one country and it's divided into states base on languages (England, France, etc.) This country start to claim ancient Roman and Greece as part of the history of the nation of Europe.

It's clear from my example that this Europe is forge together by Chola empire. It might have cultural or religious connection to ancient Rome but this Europe is not a continuation of Ancient Rome.

In 1050 ad, Chola empire of southern Indian conquered England, France, holy roman Germany, states in modern Italy, lower countries, Greece, and Iberian Muslim Moores. Chola empire called this empire Chola Europe and an identity of an European nation was created. The main language that tie Europe together is Tamil. Eventually, Europe gain independent from Chola empire but the Muslim Iberian peninsula form it's own country. The rest of western Europe become one country and it's divided into states base on languages (England, France, etc.) This country start to claim ancient Roman and Greece as part of the history of the nation of Europe.

It's clear from my example that this Europe is forge together by Chola empire. It might have cultural or religious connection to ancient Rome but this Europe is not a continuation of Ancient Rome.

My God! what quality of opium do CCP certified Historians smoke? :woot:

My God! what quality of opium do CCP certified Historians smoke? :woot:

Of course my post did not occurred in history. But you see how hypothetical Europe "country" can be created even though it never existed. Guess which modern nation was created exactly the same way as compare to my hyperthetical Europe.

Of course my post did not occurred in history. But you see how hypothetical Europe "country" can be created even though it never existed. Guess which modern nation was created exactly the same way as compare to my hyperthetical Europe.

Europe is country? :rofl:

It can be if history occurred as how I described. Just like how India is a country in real History.

Do not rant with your poor logic, Like India China was also divided into small 5 kingdoms in the past and warred with each other before got united.
Tibet and Xingxang are the occupied and oppressed territories out side imperial China.

Do not rant with your poor logic, Like India China was also divided into small 5 kingdoms in the past and warred with each other before got united.
Tibet and Xingxang are the occupied and oppressed territories out side imperial China.

China was created by the first emperor in 3 rd century bc. After that any part of a fragment f China would seek to unite the rest. That is why CCP and Roc would never stop claiming each others territory.

China was created by the first emperor in 3 rd century bc. After that any part of a fragment f China would seek to unite the rest. That is why CCP and Roc would never stop claiming each others territory.

Exactly what I am saying if Chinese small kingdoms can be united and called as a country ( there are lot of cultural differences exist in various regions in China like India) why not India??

Exactly what I am saying if Chinese small kingdoms can be united and called as a country ( there are lot of cultural differences exist in various regions in China like India) why not India??

And this is exactly what Britain did by conquere the whole India. So this bring back my point, the modern nation of India was created by Britain.

Post #50 provided an good hypothesis.

When the first emperor of China conquere the whole nation, he forced the nation to adopt one language, same as what Britain do in India.

And this is exactly what Britain did by conquere the whole India. So this bring back my point, the modern nation of India was created by Britain.

Post #50 provided an good hypothesis.

When the first emperor of China conquere the whole nation, he forced the nation to adopt one language, same as what Britain do in India.

He also ruthlessly destroyed all the culture, artifacts and traditions of those regions with one slogan "All under heaven".

Star√ation;3494279 said:
Don't know you're trolling or just being retarded.

Indeed you are trolling, Chinese maritime tradition is no where when compared to Indian one. They used Silk route for trade, sea routes are not their main trade route.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom