What's new

India asked American tourists on 'conversion drive'to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
If India claims to be a "secular state" it should not matter whether people convert from one religion to another for money/lollies or a hot dog.

Anti-conversion laws have no place in a secular country.

If India claims to be a "secular state" it should not matter whether people convert from one religion to another for money/lollies or a hot dog.

If you knew even a little bit about law , you would have known misrepresentation is illegal in all countries and so are conversions done through those means.

India got it right. Evangelical Christianity is just a western brainwashing tool.

I'm not against Christians. There are Syrian Christians and other legitimate, ancient Christian sects native to Asia. Modern European Evangelical Christianity is just brainwashing.

If poor people get money, medicine or anything else that increase their chances of living, and in turn change their religion, whats wrong in that? Those opposing these conversions, why dont they provide the necessities to the poor so that they can live & remain Hindu/muslim or whatever they are?

Religion should be related to ones faith ..... not on the incentives....
Dharm ko Dhanda bana rakha hai ...

are they threat to Indian social, religious structure ? or in any other way?

Jana, India is not a country you are EVER going to understand unless you were born and have lived in India most of your life. Im not kidding, we are a nation and a people no one will EVER figure out.

I went to a Catholic school run by Nuns for 13 years and also went to Protestant school (+2) for two years. My Cattholic school only taught me to love and serve and never ever talked dirty about any other religion...and I love my almamater....but the protestant school was a horrible experience. Every day for an hour the Principal will talk ill about Hinduism / Muslims / Sikhs..and at time he was very insulting. It would make us very angry..he would especially talk bad about even people like Swami Vivekanand........he used to also call foreigners and other priest to give us sermons to become Christanity. As per all of the visiting person, all other religion will take us to hell and only Christianity is our saviour..........................imagine the effect of all these on little kids....

Point I make is , there are good people and there are bad people....Indian Constitution and law is there to protect our secular fabric....no body should take law in their own hand.....but we should ensure the implemantation....

Coming on the topic....Secularism means same treatment to all..........nobody is discriminated basis once religion by constitution.....if you see the topic, our law is being implemented ......and law is same for all religion......that is Secularism.

I went to a Catholic school run by Nuns for 13 years and also went to Protestant school (+2) for two years. My Cattholic school only taught me to love and serve and never ever talked dirty about any other religion...and I love my almamater....but the protestant school was a horrible experience. Every day for an hour the Principal will talk ill about Hinduism / Muslims / Sikhs..and at time he was very insulting. It would make us very angry..he would especially talk bad about even people like Swami Vivekanand........

Sounds about right.
Protestants--especially the Baptists--are some of the most war-mongering, racist, pro-rich, nationalistic and evangelical people in the world. Talibans with the suits instead of turbans.

:) 1. so if Christians are making lives of poor better than whats wrong in it.

2. if Hinduism is not a religion then why you have banned conversions and taking legal steps against free conversion by poor Hindus?

3. If you have poor sections in your society, who's fault it is?

Lady I don't understand by what capacity you are defending conversion and all. Let me remind you one thing, your country has something called as blasphemy law which means nobody can defame your religion or talk ill about your religion in your country. And if anybody fails to follow that in your country is KILLED according to your constitution which is heights of barbarism and you are giving support to conversion ? talk about hypocrisy...

Lady I don't understand by what capacity you are defending conversion and all. Let me remind you one thing, your country has something called as blasphemy law which means nobody can defame your religion or talk ill about your religion in your country. And if anybody fails to follow that in your country is KILLED according to your constitution which is heights of barbarism and you are giving support to conversion ? talk about hypocrisy...

Well no one here is supporting conversion and no one is against conversion, excepts indians. We are simply asking that on one hand you claim to be having secular state while your actions are in total contrast to your claim. If anybody wants conversion, by whatever means, no one should have any problem.
For blasphemy, it is off topic and irrelevant here, for the purpose you can open a new thread for that. Whatever we do, but at least we do not claim to be secular state.

Well no one here is supporting conversion and no one is against conversion, excepts indians. We are simply asking that on one hand you claim to be having secular state while your actions are in total contrast to your claim. If anybody wants conversion, by whatever means, no one should have any problem.
For blasphemy, it is off topic and irrelevant here, for the purpose you can open a new thread for that. Whatever we do, but at least we do not claim to be secular state.

Indians are not against conversion , its the means that are used that we are against . If the conversion is clean we have no probs . go through the entire thread and educate yourself before commenting.

What the heck are American Christians doing converting in India? Do they want a concerted drive to convert Christians in US to Hinduism? The kind of lives these guys live, based on excessive consumption, total hedonism and an absolute lack of moral values, millions in the US will convert to Hinduism. Indians are free to pursue whichever religion they want, that right has been guaranteed to them by our Constitution. But the instant we see any foreign agencies or foreign money involved in the process, they should be thrown into jail, left to rot without trial. Why are we being so kind to them as to ask them to please leave? Boot them out or kick them into jail.

Here in India also nobody is against conversion. But everybody according to constitution is against Forgery. What happens with these Christian missionaries amongst poorest of the poor is not conversion but forgery. Hope you understand the difference between them...

And second thing is we are secular state and we better know what kind of conversion is permitted and not permitted. People from countries based on silly and stupid matters like religion have got absolutely no rights to talk about it as they have no idea about what is secular and what is not.

@Pmukherjee,
I remember a conversation with a devout Southern Baptist here who continued to call Hindus as 'Pagans' and was afraid that stuff like 'Yoga' 'New Age' are a slow way for Hindus to convert Christians in America.
Not sure how correct is that. But that conversation has stuck with me to this date.

BTW, while Pakistan has a border dispute with India--which may get resolved eventually--the last thing I personally want is to have ideologies like the Southern Baptists flourish inside India. Better Hinduism over that. Yes, I know the 'People of the Book' argument but, sorry, the plunder, pillaging, genocides, war mongering done by Christian-dominated nations all over the world--often in the name of Christ--far exceeds even the actions of Genghis Khan.

What the heck are American Christians doing converting in India? Do they want a concerted drive to convert Christians in US to Hinduism? The kind of lives these guys live, based on excessive consumption, total hedonism and an absolute lack of moral values, millions in the US will convert to Hinduism. Indians are free to pursue whichever religion they want, that right has been guaranteed to them by our Constitution. But the instant we see any foreign agencies or foreign money involved in the process, they should be thrown into jail, left to rot without trial. Why are we being so kind to them as to ask them to please leave? Boot them out or kick them into jail.

But why Christians should convert people to Hinduism in US? dont you think if anyone wants to do it, that would be Hindus to do it not others for you

thats point which many Indian members here dont or deliberately dont want to understand or avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom