What's new

India asked American tourists on 'conversion drive'to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
christian missionaries are really a threat to religious harmony in india. i personally had such experience. few years back my father was fighting a deadly disease & nothing was working. one day we interacted with one missionary when he came to our house & told us to come to church twice a week if we want recovery of my father from disease. initially it was ok but after some time he started denouncing our religion & one day he asked us to throw all religious items belonging to our religion out of our house. we were all like what the hell are u talking about. he was immediately told to get out. from that day i just hate christian missionaries.

Oh well all these Pakistanis getting so concerned about conversions in India which is supposed to be a secular state. I wonder whether it is about the rights of Christian groups to convert Hindus or whether it is really about secular India or just plain "India is evil Hindoo state".

Oh defenders of Islam in Asia, please google the article which discusses evangelists in India and amongst others this claim "More than 10,000 Muslims accepted Jesus Christ as their personal saviour throughout India during the last year".

Now do you still support deceitful conversions or do you suggest that secular India should just stop the practice of converting Muslims to any other religion ? :D
Bold part: why in india only? Can you quote figures from rest of the world that how many muslims accepted chritianity? In india muslims / dalits are seen from the same eye, so christianity is the last resort.

I dont generalize, but you treating him differently... so sad !

we dont treat muslims differently, its a reality that they (well mostly)are very intolerant to matters related to religion. they dont talk about other religions and dont want others to talk about it too. other things being perfectly normal, when it comes to religion, muslims are difficult to even start a discussion. And most non-muslims in India keep that in mind when talking in a group consisting of muslim friends.

Bold part: why in india only? Can you quote figures from rest of the world that how many muslims accepted chritianity? In india muslims / dalits are seen from the same eye, so christianity is the last resort.

Not only India, in parts of Middle East too. Read the source (liveleaks) in my previous post.

Any reasons why you think that christians are seen from a different eye in India?

The unrest was due to the murder of a prominent local hindu leader in a small district of Kandhmal , orissa .Not any other reason.

the killing of Swami Laxmanananda Saraswati added just some fuel to the unrest. the reason is far more deep..

This has the smell of inquisition 2.0. In inquisition the Jews were forcefully converted to Christianity and were subject to different test to prove they are not practicing Judaism.

This is very strange, this is a clear violation of individual right to choose. It is not easy to make the decision to convert, its a deep soul searching process with lots of heartache, the government should be out of it.

Which brings me to this question, what if someone says that they have converted ? Do the authorities investigate conversion's, and declare certain conversions null because those were not performed under a lawful process ?

Here before you call us hindus bigots , here is a buddhist brother from Sikkim who has the same problem. I am pretty sure there is something wrong with what these missionaries do then.

Mate, the worst is in Arunachal Pradesh. Google it and you'll see what the hell is going on here. Its a nightmare.

Mate, the worst is in Arunachal Pradesh. Google it and you'll see what the hell is going on here. Its a nightmare.

They have reached as far as remote districts in Jammu and Kashmir... You can not say no to the fact that they do put in a lot of effort and start new education centres, which definitely helps the local pupulations... But the problem is that their real intentions are conversion and spead of christianity.. Which is not illegal, if it is done in a fair way....

But then, they come in under the guise of providing education and medicine. Then they find out the weakest economic segments (e.g. low caste hindus (a segregation system which is such a major scourge of our system) or Gujjars and Bakerwals, some of who are very poor) and start an elaborate drama with them... feed medicine as holy water, show that converting to christianity will get them reservations (they basically 'register' them as Schedule Cast, which these people already are) and the icing on the cake is free education for children on christians in local missionary schools... All this is Cheating and that is where the base of the problem lies...

They tried to do the same in my hometown as well... Where over the last 20 years they have built one of the best schools in the state... But, then some new guys came in and started the door-to-door preaching work and people tolerated, afterall they were contributing and what is the harm in listening to 'Jesus does this and that'... But, when they started with this elaborate plan, the local population representatives from all communities (we have a 85:10:5 split of Muslim:Hindu:Sikhs) simply told them to wrap up and leave if they want to create that kind of a mischief... Today, they are there, with a great education institute and not a single conversion in the last 15 years...

christian missionaries are really a threat to religious harmony in india. i personally had such experience. few years back my father was fighting a deadly disease & nothing was working. one day we interacted with one missionary when he came to our house & told us to come to church twice a week if we want recovery of my father from disease. initially it was ok but after some time he started denouncing our religion & one day he asked us to throw all religious items belonging to our religion out of our house. we were all like what the hell are u talking about. he was immediately told to get out. from that day i just hate christian missionaries.

Sorry to hear you were treated that way. What was your father suffering from, and how did he finally got cured ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom