What's new

India asked American tourists on 'conversion drive'to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady I don't understand by what capacity you are defending conversion and all. Let me remind you one thing, your country has something called as blasphemy law which means nobody can defame your religion or talk ill about your religion in your country. And if anybody fails to follow that in your country is KILLED according to your constitution which is heights of barbarism and you are giving support to conversion ? talk about hypocrisy...

So you are saying that Christian missionaries are defaming hinduism in India?

why you need to hide behind what law is here in my country , why you dont talk about your own credentials as "secular" country . under what secular law you are opposing personal choice of people to convert to Christianity

But why Christians should convert people to Hinduism in US? dont you think if anyone wants to do it, that would be Hindus to do it not others for you

I am sure you will forgive me for not responding to you? Thank you.

First of all, there are no anti conversion laws, anybody can convert, no law stops one.

Secondly, tourists in almost all countries are not allowed to engage in any other activities, its illegal.

Thirdly, there's nothing in secularism that would permit tourists to engage in illegal activities, of any religious denominations.

In short, a non issue close to the hearts of non entities. Lets leave it at that instead of trying to convince people who don't know ABC of any of the concepts being discussed.

why you need to hide behind what law is here in my country , why you dont talk about your own credentials as "secular" country . under what secular law you are opposing personal choice of people to convert to Christianity

Jana, you are either dumb or deliberately against. Many Indians have already pointed out that missionaries are exploiting the poverty to their advantage. Thing to point out is poverty is not related to religion. Its not like they become instantly rich by converting. We tried to explain it. But to a two piece journalist like you things come to understanding hard.

Conversion is allowed in India but not forgery. Government did the right thing to prevent forgery.

And to add I don't have to hide behind the barbaric anti blasphemy laws of your country. In India conversion by BRIBING is not conversion it is FORGERY as simple as that.

Here in India also nobody is against conversion. But everybody according to constitution is against Forgery. What happens with these Christian missionaries amongst poorest of the poor is not conversion but forgery. Hope you understand the difference between them...

And second thing is we are secular state and we better know what kind of conversion is permitted and not permitted. People from countries based on silly and stupid matters like religion have got absolutely no rights to talk about it as they have no idea about what is secular and what is not.
Well either you are unaware of the facts or you intentionally do not want to accept the reality. Forgery is not appreciated in any part of the world. However if someone is getting benefited therefrom then it should be praised rather than being aggressive. Dont you think that you guys are over-reacting, which in other words can be termed as religious extremism. How big secular india is, is yet tob proved.

Well either you are unaware of the facts or you intentionally do not want to accept the reality. Forgery is not appreciated in any part of the world. However if someone is getting benefited therefrom then it should be praised rather than being aggressive. Dont you think that you guys are over-reacting, which in other words can be termed as religious extremism. How big secular india is, is yet tob proved.

hmmmm..... so from your viewpoint a religious conversion by BRIBING is acceptable and it is not forgery, fine let it be so... but in India conversion by BRIBING is not conversion it is FORGERY as simple as that...

Indians are not against conversion , its the means that are used that we are against . If the conversion is clean we have no probs . go through the entire thread and educate yourself before commenting.

It doesnt seem to be. By going with ur claim, why dont india asks to leave everyone who uses those means for any purpose. Why just innocent christians?

In India, 10%-20% are religious and 80%-90% are Secular kind of people. Even if 1% will not be secular, then also It Means 12 Million Population which is quite large. One can't expect each and every people on same pattern. 100% Secular people is next to Impossible in any country. Even in China, Muslims are prohibited for certain things which doesn't happen anywhere in world. That means, China is religious and not secular? There are so many religious instituted and organisation in western countries too. There are certain rules in many countries. India has no such rules. Forget about Religious country. There will be always always few things happening related with religion considering the very wide diversification of Population, Region, Languages, Ethnic and Philosophy.

India is Secular Country with majority of population and it will be always like this. Few Incident doesn't change general opinion population of 1.2 Billion. The Country which is Religious should never talk about Secular Country. Because one can never understand the real sense. you need to live a Life to Feel it.

After 50-100 Years, Value of Religion will nearly become minority. Atheism will rule the whole world.

No Fear as No God. Work and Live Life happily. :tup:

It doesnt seem to be. By going with ur claim, why dont india asks to leave everyone who uses those means for any purpose. Why just innocent christians?

I don't understand your post, you think people who commit FORGERY are innocent (let them be Christians/Hindus/Muslims/ or whatever religion they belong to) ? remember conversion by BRIBING is forgery and it is a criminal offence in India...

hmmmm..... so from your viewpoint a religious conversion by BRIBING is acceptable and it is not forgery, fine let it be so... but in India conversion by BRIBING is not conversion it is FORGERY as simple as that...
Be clear whether you are against bribe or against conversion or against conversion through making payment?
Dont you think that you are pretending that money can buy anything in india including the religious beliefs?

I don't understand your post, you think people who commit FORGERY are innocent (let them be Christians/Hindus/Muslims/ or whatever religion they belong to) ? remember conversion by BRIBING is forgery and it is a criminal offence in India...
Read the post again, i meant why JUST christians?

Why can't these "groups" simply help people without shoving religious dogma down their throats ?

They should take a leaf from Gurudwaras which give free langar but don't force you to convert to Sikhism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom