What's new

India as a great power: Know your own strength

That is a necessity, as an enemy of India it should make us happy that world's 2nd largest country isn't even close to being self sufficient in military industry which dramatically decreases its ability to sustain a long term conflict which is not in our favor.

this only shows that india is not interested in war, unlke the pakistanis whose only agenda is to destabilize my country

Hindustan had reached the pinnacle of its magnificence under the Mughals. Only when the Muslims are back to rule Hindustan can she hope for greatness. The Hindus are a timid people more used to commercial activities and menial functions of the society rather than ruling. They do not have the character or mental make up even to desire real greatness.

Oh shut it. No one reached anywhere under kings, emperors or rajas. The modern Indian republic, founded in 1947 under Gandhi's leadership is the only part of Indian history where anything meaningful was set to be achieved. Rest was an era of 'dark ages'

I couldnt help but start laughing at this useless circle jerk. Well anyway,

Indians - we are not even a regional power, let alone a "great" power, nor are we destined for it. So get over your delusions of grandeur.

Pakistanis - we may not be a great power, but one on one, we still own you. Always have and always will.

So please.

Oh shut it. No one reached anywhere under kings, emperors or rajas. The modern Indian republic, founded in 1947 under Gandhi's leadership is the only part of Indian history where anything meaningful was set to be achieved. Rest was an era of 'dark ages'

Ignorance always prevails in India.

In the height of the Mughal Empire, Hindustan was the leader of the world and dominated it as well.
Not undermining the accomplishments of the Mauryan or the Gupta Empires either. Other than that, it was full of colonialism, and warring kingdoms.

Being aggressive is not the same as being great - Being provocative, taking offense, none of these are about being great and powerful

There was a reason I had asked, in the "Usual but Necessary" to not count on Pakistan members - to Pakistani members, it is inconceivable that great would not mean aggressive, or not using military power - that society is caught up in a fantasy,a story of a culture that is not even their own, where even taking a dumb is a religious issue, where God is about fashion sense, they are a million miles away from reality - India must decide for herself, what great is to mean. We have pointed to what we think is most persuasive in the trilateral discussions, in a consciousness, that the life of consciousness must be one of dignity and ethics -- allow the borrowed Utopia Pakistani society escapes in, to wither without the sustenance of conflict, anger and the "other"

India is fa more secure in it's culture than what you see in your own country. Over the last 60 years our languages have flourished again, our reinvention of culture through cinema and mass media has been succesful, we have adapted to the modern times while more intensely studying and discovering our roots. There are substantive things beyond 'Speaking English'. Now you wanna look for things that you can rant, that's your prerogative. In the 1980s when we were economically in the dump-yard and had no scientific achievements, we also talked a lot about ' but we have aincient culture', just like you are doing right now. If you go to the UK, NRIs still make a big deal of Chiken Tikka Masala as if the average Indian back home cares about it. I think people talk too much about culture (like you are doing now) when they have little other accomplishments to talk about.

Ignorance always prevails in India.

In the height of the Mughal Empire, Hindustan was the leader of the world and dominated it as well.
Not undermining the accomplishments of the Mauryan or the Gupta Empires either. Other than that, it was full of colonialism, and warring kingdoms.

Don't be a fanboy. India had 25% of the world's GDP at the time. but it still was a one family show. It was in 1947 that an attempt to create a truly representative government of the people was attempted. No dynastic rule even remotely measures up.

I couldnt help but start laughing at this useless circle jerk. Well anyway,

Indians - we are not even a regional power, let alone a "great" power, nor are we destined for it. So get over your delusions of grandeur.

Pakistanis - we may not be a great power, but one on one, we still own you. Always have and always will.

So please.

How dare you!!! If Priya Modiji became PM India will become a 'Great Power' in 2 years and 3 months (lots of milk and honey flowing). Do you dare deny that blasphemer? :lol:

How dare you!!! If Priya Modiji became PM India will become a 'Great Power' in 2 years and 3 months (lots of milk and honey flowing). Do you dare deny that blasphemer? :lol:

Get over it.

BTW I read your post as Priyanka madamji..given your historical sympathies.

Get over it.

BTW I read your post as Priyanka madamji..given your historical sympathies.

I knew it I knew it!!!! I GOT YOU MAN. Now will you not say that Modi can make India great power coz you have already said India cannot become great power. And won't say that Modi can't make India a great power either coz you are too much of a fanboy. ha ha!!! I GOT YOU MAN!!!:lol:

Don't be a fanboy. India had 25% of the world's GDP at the time. but it still was a one family show. It was in 1947 that an attempt to create a truly representative government of the people was attempted. No dynastic rule even remotely measures up.

So what. Democracy is a flawed concept anyways. And you don't have to have democracy to be great power. Look at China which is destined to be one

Even right NOW, India is a one family show. Only GANDHIS are elected in India. Where is the democracy?

So what. Democracy is a flawed concept anyways. And you don't have to have democracy to be great power. Look at China which is destined to be one

Even right NOW, India is a one family show. Only GANDHIS are elected in India. Where is the democracy?

As long as they are elected, it still is democracy. They come to power because we want them to. When you say 'democracy is a flawed concept', You've had all kinds of models- fat good that's done to you I can see.

There are 790 MPs in the parliament of India, and only two of them are gandhis.

(3 if you include varuun Gandhi, who is in the BJP.)

There are thousands of elected representatives in the state legislatures, and none of them are gandhis.

There are tens of thousands of elected representatives an panchayat level, and none of them are gandhis.

Democracy is a much more intricate affair than you think. It may be a flawed concept, but nobody has ever invented anything better so far.

This will explain.

India_missile.jpg

No state can achieve greatness by feeding off its citizens to achieve military greatness instead of feeding its citizens. India may become the 4th largest spender on bombs and guns in next 6 years and claim greatness, however the same country ranks 135th on international human development index and is home to one of the largest malnourished population on earth.

It applies to Pakistan as well, as we spend more than we can afford to but Pakistan isn't willing to claim greatness nor do we have any hegemonic desires. This is why i said that India should invest in its citizens instead of buying arms, or keep a balance to achieve real greatness. For example Indian defense budget is around 36 billion a year while the Education budget is around 9-10billion.I am no friend of India, i would rather have India carry on with ignoring development of its own citizens which will do to India what no enemy can.

Things will improve buddy why dont you post statistics how poverty has changed over time in India it would be interesting to know if we have improved or if its stagnant.

Things will improve buddy why dont you post statistics how poverty has changed over time in India it would be interesting to know if we have improved or if its stagnant.

India slipped two places down in HDI index:drag:

Back
Top Bottom