What's new

India and China :Jostling for space in the sea??

I second that.

My experience with China is that if she wants to develop something she simply delivers.
If KKH has to remain open 12 month a year to grant contiued supply to China we'll get it done.
Period!

Even the Chinese have their limitation; you forget the terrain that the KKH passes through is perhaps one of the most difficult in the world. There is a limit to which one can push engineering down mother nature's throat. The Three Gorges Dam is a case in point.

The technocrats in the PRC have been very much sidelined after the Three Gorges Dam, which by the way was never subjected to fundamental feasibility studies.

Plus, the PRC has its hands full for the next decade or so with the post-earthquake re-construction.

The work's already begun in Jan. They are doing it bro.

As I said, I've seen engineering marvels being built all across Dubai, so don't tell me a ROAD cannot be built.

And about China getting involved in the Siachen conflict, its as simple as that. Once China sees its supplies being attacked from Siachen, it will definitely goto war over it. It won't end in a stalemate dude, Siachen glacier would be ours... Or hey maybe even Chinas.

The work's already begun in Jan. They are doing it bro.

As I said, I've seen engineering marvels being built all across Dubai, so don't tell me a ROAD cannot be built.

And about China getting involved in the Siachen conflict, its as simple as that. Once China sees its supplies being attacked from Siachen, it will definitely goto war over it. It won't end in a stalemate dude, Siachen glacier would be ours... Or hey maybe even Chinas.

:lol: ,,, mate, anything that goes-up has to come down..sure thing, build the road, or for that matter do what ever you want in your territory, what does India have to do with it??

I am talking about an event of war with China, which is a remote possibility.This topic is really all about the sea, and it's importance to China.

Since, you are talking about Siachan,
Well, I have said a hundred times, at war with China India will not attack anything inside Pakistan's territory...and Gwadar and Chinese dependance on Gwadar is a boon for India:lol: ......this must be real confusing for you to hear.But, trust me, the more the Chinese get dependent on Gwadar port....the more it is an advantage for India!!!:agree:

And about China getting involved in the Siachen conflict, its as simple as that. Once China sees its supplies being attacked from Siachen,

Dude its a warzone, as long as we attack anything inside Pakistan(Roads etc) China does not have any business attacking us, believe me they will never fight your war bu inturn they will expect you to fight their war.

It won't end in a stalemate dude, Siachen glacier would be ours... Or hey maybe even Chinas.

China's entry will not make any change in the Siachin conflict. How do you suppose they will help you? If Pakistan needs Siachin it would have to be conquered by PA alone, no ifs and buts. Only India and PA have experience from logistics, air bombing and fighting in such terrain, no wonder they call it the highest battle field on earth.

Dude its a warzone, as long as we attack anything inside Pakistan(Roads etc) China does not have any business attacking us, believe me they will never fight your war bu inturn they will expect you to fight their war.

There's a saying that Sir OoE often uses: China will fight India to the last Pakistani.

What lame arguments.

Why would you attack Pakistani territory if you aren't already at war with China and the purpose is to block China's supply line?

In that case China would inflict damage wherever possible. Remember in the 2002 standoff, China sped up the delivery of the 250 odd F7-PG. China's helped us whenever it came to a conflict with India and thats all we need, not actual forces going to war.

However once you block off China's supply line, you're at war with China. A blockade at sea is an act of war.

How hard is the concept of going to war for everyone Indian here to grasp?

And how will China help with Siachen? Supplying us with new goodies, bombing, hitting India elsewhere to sparten its forces, so many ways. Just give us a chance to try it all out ;).

Why would you attack Pakistani territory if you aren't already at war with China and the purpose is to block China's supply line?
Because China expects you to be fighting for them, they might also want to open up a second fron along Pakistan. Also Pakistan would find it the right time when India is busy at its eastern sector

In that case China would inflict damage wherever possible. Remember in the 2002 standoff, China sped up the delivery of the 250 odd F7-PG. China's helped us whenever it came to a conflict with India and thats all we need, not actual forces going to war.

There you go, how will China supply you in the first place when they at war with India, given urgent need of supplies between PLA and PA I think they will choose the former.

However once you block off China's supply line, you're at war with China. A blockade at sea is an act of war.
A blockade will happen in case of war, so whats your point?

How hard is the concept of going to war for everyone Indian here to grasp?

As hard as it is still to grasp your Kargil war theory!!!

And how will China help with Siachen? Supplying us with new goodies

what goodies? Wollen ware, rifles, bullets, snowmobile, night vision, something which you have already.

Something which your airforce and army(artillery) have practised and are experienced( in and out) in from the days of youth of Muasharaff.

hitting India elsewhere to sparten its forces, so many ways

Elsewhere? Asim India already has eastern command to tackle China, hitting at eastern sector will not impact as it will be the first place where war will break out between India and China.

What a great piece...

China will fight India to the Last Pakistani!!!....:lol:
Yes because we have fought so many wars for them to support that argument right? Internal critics still repent the fact that we didn't join China during the 1962 war.

Without a doubt we won't repeat such a mistake again, but all in all the situation benefits us just as much it benefits them.

I have experience in highways in High Altitude. It is well nigh impossible to keep such highways open 12 months owing to the heavy snowfall, landslides and avalanches.

If it were possible, then a much lower pass in Gilgit, the Burziil Bai Pass,which is critical for Pak defence would have been kept open throughout the year. This pass blocks off the area between this Pass and the Shingo River. Pakistan is making new roads through the Deosai Plains to cut down the block off period.

Yes because we have fought so many wars for them to support that argument right? Internal critics still repent the fact that we didn't join China during the 1962 war.

Without a doubt we won't repeat such a mistake again, but all in all the situation benefits us just as much it benefits them.

Had Pakistan joined the bandwagon in 1962, it would have severely ruined its association and standing vis-a-vis the Americans; the 1962 war was seen as a war against Red China.

The PLA did nothing during 1965, 1971, or during Kargil.

The PLA won't bleed for the PA; it does expect PA to fight till death for itself though.

In the 1980s, the PLA had decided to invade India through Pakistan; Islamabad was not even questioned and it was assumed that the GoP will simply tag along. The Indian FM (I may be wrong) went to Biejing and talked enough sense into the cooler heads within the CCP to halt this.

RIGHT, I sincere advice, Dont live in a false bubble.

None of my points are refuted:
1) So named “Democracy Alliance” is dead. Moreover, since China is Australia’s biggest trade partner, it is against Australia’s interest to go against China. http://www.dfat.gov.au/publications/stats-pubs/cot_cy2007.pdf
2) Many oil tanks bounding for China are foreign tanks.
3) China will counter-attack in a state of war or conflict.
4) China has more domestic oil capability. It uses more oil due to the fact that China is a world shop. For that, all stake-holders want to bolster it for their own interest.

In addition, China’s import of crude from Russia will increase. Energy-wise in general, China also has world No.1 coal reserve, numerous natural gas projects, hydro-power...

Unless reckless Indians myopically upset balance in SA, China will mainly attend the East where most of Asian’s developed economies are.

3ac420394b5735c8dd9f5c50604d65a9.jpg

A foreign oil tank unloads crude oil at an unknown Chinese port. Photo taken on January 15, 2005. [newsphoto]

The technocrats in the PRC have been very much sidelined after the Three Gorges Dam, which by the way was never subjected to fundamental feasibility studies.

Couldn't you be more serious? :taz:

Three Gorges Dam has been on table for study for 30 or 40 years.

"never subjected to fundamental feasibility studies. ":rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Please read more before posting those absurd statements!

Tell us, if you stand as a credible man, in which Sino-whatever wars China asked Pakistan to fight for China? Otherwise better stop spitting around to keep the hygiene of this forum.

In first indo-Pakistan war, Pakistan realized Indian aggressive ideology. At that time China was too busy in consolidating Xinjiang and Xizang. After 1962 war, China tasted Indian aggressive ideology. When both geographically connected countries become the victims of the same aggressor and reach the same conclusion, a close cooperation and mutual help will naturally come into existence. The format of the union is trivial, but the purpose and effects are important.

Probably you guys are right that, the united front against the imperialism and expansionism should be further expanded to include Nepal and BD, to contain or deter any evil intention and provocations and to keep SA a peaceful place.

Back
Top Bottom