What's new

India alerts Bangladesh about Rohingya terror training camps in Chittagong

We can't do that unless we have the backing of the US, China and other regional players. Then again, what's in it for them?

I don't consider the Bamars human - so Rohingyas going around killing them is the least of my concerns. But it serves absolutely none of our interests.

We need to focus on exploiting Burmese resources at the moment and flooding their market with cheap BD products like there's no tomorrow, whether they like it or not.

As for Rohingyas, I'm leaning towards @mb444's idea of a population exchange - but it's going to be difficult convincing Chakmas to return to their ancestral lands.

If you have proper plan, there will be many who may back you as well as there will be many who may not. Say you've a building plan, you run to some financial organizations, some of them agree, some don't. Do we have such leadership to plan? Never be sure that USA, China will not back you, it's relative.

If the people there were living happily, we didn't have anything of our interests....true. They're being brutally treated, yeah it should be interest of human being.

It's a nut idea... anyone born on this land has full right to freely live here, some across the border being persecuted doesn't mean sons of our land have to leave because their race is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I told, there can be severe consequences of meddling in affairs of a sovereign country no matter how weak it is. BD is relatively peaceful in the subcontinent because of not poking their nose in others affairs. This is why I said look at the example of your big neighbor. If you arm these insurgents, they will not get any sympathy or support whatsoever from the international community including China once the Burmese start retaliating. If OIC is not doing anything, then what the hell is their utility. Do they only care when something happen in middle east and not South-Asia?.If you really worry about them so much that you are ready to fund them, why not give them shelter in your country. If you have issues with Burma, just have a go at them upfront.

There situation is already severe there, I believe you don't know about the persecution on them in detail. Other than some big dialogues of intl. community they are not getting any sympathy now after several genocides on them. We already house more than the number living in Burma but that's not the point. Rohingya people need their protection on their land, they have all the right. Plz tell me what OIC, UN, USA, China did in last one year for them...I remind you that after Obama said that they should be granted citizenship, again there was a genocide on them.

Islam, particularly political islam, proponents of which include this mujahadeen wannabe fool, is a threat to civilisation. More and more I realise that there can be no tolerance with you people.

New to me....people being persecuted are not tolerant and people persecuting are tolerant....didn't you manage to see a psychiatrist yet psycho?

Back
Top Bottom