What's new

INDIA’s Indigenous fighter aircraft programme: what we learnt from Past

What have we learnt from our homegrown program:

Cart Before the Horse: Without an engine, there is no credible platform.

Electronic pain: Electronics suite, Radars, OLS, are paramount and unless we develop our own > not just replicate foreign systems.

Hand Carbide diagrams come back to bite: Without metallurgy cooks and those power hungry arc furnaces there wont be any developments in metallurgy. we will keep importing raw material.

Project management and value stream analysis: those pesky Gantt charts, resource allocations and walls filled with sticky notes to reduce cycle times in VSLA's and opex exercises actually work despite the boredom of lead engineers . Without gate reviews and PDP's projects will never keep their time lines.

Airforce can't sit and chillax: the living testament is the Indian Navy, just look at their Directorate of Indigenisation and take a cue out of it.

Throw some money: Billions for russians, french and middleman, peanuts for Indians. Throwing money and people at a problem may not always solve a problem, but surely polar opposite doesn't help either. Hire some decent engineers and managers, reverse the brain drain from MNC's, poach technicians from russia, and for god's sake pay them well.

I want HAL to be converted into a PSU on the lines of Boeing. Ability to hire foreign students, ability to have their own approved pay packages, experienced candidates, ability to hire, doing away reservations for R&D positions alone will solve many of the problems HAL faces.
Now the PSU cant fire any incompetent employees who come after doing an exam or two.. If we need to attract the best talents ,we need to throw in money. The management should have their own say.

I want HAL to be converted into a PSU on the lines of Boeing. Ability to hire foreign students, ability to have their own approved pay packages, experienced candidates, ability to hire, doing away reservations for R&D positions alone will solve many of the problems HAL faces.
Now the PSU cant fire any incompetent employees who come after doing an exam or two.. If we need to attract the best talents ,we need to throw in money. The management should have their own say.
more strength to you brother, let it happen and I won't mind coming back.

25 years is long to develop a fighter if compare with other fighter development project like f-18 rafale euro fighter typhoon or gripen but for a starter developing country maybe not too long.

Yes it does look like a long long time. But, you have to realize that we aren't worried. Even with depleting fighters our primary adversary can do shyte about it. And our neighbor to the east is a much more pragmatic nation. So, we'll take our time.

I'm not sure which is a better plane. But, I do agree that JF-17 is already in service. Whether it's a tin box or not can only be gauged if there is a H2H with Tejas. Which looks unlikely.

But on paper Tejas is better. I again say JF-17 is up and flying with Block-3 promising to be better than the previous.

So hold on to your horses for Tejas FOC.

I hope this happens!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If Tejas is ugly or beautiful is debatable but when the time comes everyone would agree that she is a Badass.

IAF thinks otherwise and wants to date videshi Rafale instead of deshi Teja !

IAF thinks otherwise and wants to date videshi Rafale instead of deshi Teja !

Comparing RAFALE with Tejas is silly and IAF did not compare them. On the other hand if someone is comparing Tejas with RAFALE then that itself is a positive reflection and great achievement of Tejas.

Indian Air Force wants over 100 Rafale or similar jets

Indian Air Force today said it would need at least six squadrons comprising 108 Rafale or similar jets to shore up its capabilities as it hoped that the contract for 36 French fighter aircraft would be inked by year-end.

Raha also batted for the indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft Tejas saying that his force will induct 120 of them in the current form with modifications covering the radars, missile capability among others.

"Thrust is on indigenisation, indigenisation like Tejas, and of course may be set up another line for replacement of aircraft that will be retiring in the next 10 years because Tejas alone may not be able to meet the requirement of the IAF in terms of numbers and in terms of roles that IAF has to play," he said.

Indian Air Force wants over 100 Rafale or similar jets - The Economic Times

Comparing RAFALE with Tejas is silly and IAF did not compare them. On the other hand if someone is comparing Tejas with RAFALE then that itself is a positive reflection and great achievement of Tejas.

It was the Indian government that told IAF that instead of more Rafales induct Tejas.

There is,room for all three fighters in iaf for next twenty years. Until 2035.

They should induct 125.of each....tejss and rafale. They already have over 200 mki

A heavier Tejas with F414 Engine can do what a Rafale does give or take with out the cost. So why wasn't it done?
Rafale is not needed, especially if they intend to build Tejas.

Arey bhai.......kounse school se ho??? Tejas and Rafale are from two classes. Replacing Tejas with F414 engine wont make it equivalent. Yehi tho samjha rahe hai sab yahan :hitwall:

supa powa supa dupa fighta......
INDIOTS its a PAKISTANI web so STFU

supa powa supa dupa fighta......
INDIOTS its a PAKISTANI web so STFU
lol got a negative rating
and this person has sone ungly manhoos profile pic

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom