What's new

Incredible India! Muslim man from Kerala builds, prays at Hindu shrine

MANGALURU: A 65-year-old man from Kerala built a shrine for demigod Koragajja and has been offering daily and special poojas for 19 years now, sending a strong message of communal harmony in Dakshina Kannada district.
A resident of Chittalancheri village in Palakkad district of Kerala, P Qasim Sahib came to Karnataka along with his family in search of a job about 35 years ago and settled down in Kavatharu in Mulki taluk, about 40km from Mangaluru.

81884314.jpg

While his family comprising wife and five children was going through a rough patch, he suffered an injury on his leg, forcing him to approach a village paatri (priest) to chalk out the road ahead. That was when he was advised to build a temple for Koragajja, a demigod revered in coastal districts. He built the temple on a small piece of land - a stone's throw from his house - in Kavatharu which comes under Balkunje panchayat.

Every day, Sahib says, about 50 devotees offer prayers at the Koragajja shrine, which also has idols of Koragathi, besides a dedicated shrine for Durgaparameshwari. The temple conducts kolotsava every two years with bedecked deities being taken around the temple complex in ceremonial splendor. The village has a population of 1,500, and devotees from all castes and religions visit the shrine.

81884334.jpg

As paatri of the shrine, Sahib has been listening to the problems of devotees, who visit the shrine regularly. He offers a solution by giving sandal paste as prasadam of Koragajja to the devotees.
Sahib recalls, "After I built a house on land allotted by the gram panchayat 35 years ago, I ran into a few problems. The darshana paatri of the village said Koragajja was earlier worshipped near my house. Hence, I decided to start worshipping Koragajja and other daivas here," he said.

There are certain limits in Islam which you can't violate. I don't expect non-muslims to know about them. With all good intentions would like to share with non-muslim members of this forum.

By praying to any other god or idol you don't remain a muslim any more. The wording of our kalima starts by declaring "There is no god but Allah".

I would like to ask the hindu members here that why is it that if a muslim in India gives up his religion or start practicing hinduism (in some form) only then will he be considered a good member of the community? Why a devout muslim isn't given such respect even if he is helping the people around him?

Islam is the most beautiful religion when it comes to serving the humanity. Please don't confuse muslims with Islam. Majority of the muslims these days unfortunately are not following their own religion.

issue fatwa against this great human .then take asylum in europe on some legal loophole . .

am not a mufti. fatwa has nothing to with the person. It's about the 1st, most basic pillar of Islam. Tawhid.

Lol, the definition of "Great Human". Do you consider reverts who convert to Islam from hinduism/christanity etc great humans too?

btw, i don't really care about the guy, if had happened here in Pakistan, it would have raised some eyebrows. But it's india, so wouldn't be surprised if tom, the guy starts drinking go-mutra. Could be because of many reasons, but none that we should really care of. Baki jub uper jai ga, tou pata lag jye ga.

with the hindutva tirshul dangling on his neck, what could the poor bugger do in the first place? don't gimme that load of horse manure that kerala is somehow very liberal and effected by the wave of hindu terrorism cuz then I'll sell your some beachfront property on planet uranus!

#ThankYouJinnah

That in NO WAY means or proves that the Muslims there are REAL Muslims like we are. You CAN NEVER be a REAL Muslim and appreciate hindu culture and religion. It's like asking the Jews to admire idol-worship and nazism. A complete OXYMORON.
No Muslim would build a temple and pray to gods created by man's hands

no doubt he was right , we all indians specially hindus thank him for his good deed of creating pakistan. thank you jinnah .

On the same formula that Jinnah had and on the "same good deed he did before", India is up for another division. Hindus of India need to create yet another state so Muslims live separately and slaughter cows and do Azan as they will. I reckon some 30% of Indian land will be enough to house 220 million Muslims. But don't forget Sikhs who too need another portion of India's leftover 70%.

After Hindus of India create separate states for non-Hindus, I think some 50% of Indian land will be left with you.

So funny listening to Indians try to sound semi-coherent about concepts that are totally alien to them.

Secularism means that if I refuse to do pooja at your temple, you cannot then leverage that refusal against me in legal, social, economic and political terms relative to some Muslim who does do pooja at your temple. The Muslim who does pooja should be no higher in status or treatment than I.

Lolz. Objection your honour! Leading question. You are forcing the sanghee to say "they do pooja". :pop:

lol
a pakistani is teaching secularism to the world .:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

And what are the qualities of those village Muslims? What are the differences between them and @xeuss?

muslims of my village don't hate hindus , they don't want to do jihad on hindus. that is why they live amicably in lakhs of villages of india .
This is bigotry of free will in a confused or a conscoius form

any way
you can not think about secularism in pakistan , forget about practice .

if he is worshipping anyone/anything other than Allah then he can not be called a Muslim, Muslim by definition is someone who Submit his/her will to the Will of Allah, not Krishna or any other God or anything. That is just dumb.
gods chosen people.

Those would be the Jews, not Muslim... No Muslim is God chosen, you can be born in a Hindu family , grow up to be a Atheist and upon your last days, take the Oath of Islam and still have hope to be saved by God's Mercy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom