What's new

INCREASING INDIAN AGGRESSION AGAINST PAKISTAN AND OUR LONGING FOR FRIENDSHIP!!!

Perhaps being offered the chance to actually decide that themselves is whats preventing them from thinking on similar lines & the way in which Kashmir was dealt with at the time of the Partition has left deep scars & a deep....deep sense of injustice !

Additionally unlike Bengal or the Punjab where a sense of us vs them was created when Muslims & Non Muslims parted ways; the Kashmiris are or at least were overwhelmingly so Muslims without an us vs them thing & they were well integrated with their Non Muslim counterparts !

At the right to decide was indeed extended to all of the above either through their elected representative or through the Jirgas - In Baluchistan's case the Sibi Darbar & in FATAs case the Jirgas decide it as such !

Thanks for the reply. The bolded part is the big difference, isn't it? (because, injustice was wrought on Bengal and Punjab too.)

I feel that Kashmiris on both sides will do well to drop the independence bogey. Neither India nor Pakistan can afford to grant independence to Kashmir and set a new dangerous precedent that might undermine the basis of their Federal structure.

Thanks for the reply. The bolded part is the big difference, isn't it? (because, injustice was wrought on Bengal and Punjab too.)

No you're missing the point; Kashmiris were never asked what did they want ?

The Punjabis & the Bengalis had some sense of ownership to whatever became of them either through supporting the Muslim League or the Congress during the Electoral Process; no one could've predicted how things would turn out but at least everyone was on board when talk of a separate homeland for the Muslims was being talked about & they either supported it or they opposed it !

I feel that Kashmiris on both sides will do well to drop the independence bogey. Neither India nor Pakistan can afford to grant independence to Kashmir and set a new dangerous precedent that might undermine the basis of their Federal structure.

I'm unflinchingly Pro-Pakistan & so I can't speak for those Kashmiris who advocate Independence from both India & Pakistan !

The Punjabis & the Bengalis had some sense of ownership to whatever became of them either through supporting the Muslim League or the Congress during the Electoral Process; no one could've predicted how things would turn out but at least everyone was on board when talk of a separate homeland for the Muslims was being talked about & they either supported it or they opposed it !

I'm unflinchingly Pro-Pakistan & so I can't speak for those Kashmiris who advocate Independence from both India & Pakistan !
In 1947, Kashmiris in the valley were extremely pro Sheikh Abdullah. They followed him blindly.

Got that...but for how long can Kashmiris cling to events from 1947-48? And isn't independence diluting the movement as neither Nation is favorable to that?

I hope Kashmiris on both sides owe their allegiance to their respective Nations than pushing for Independence. Cheers on your stand! :cheers:

In 1947, Kashmiris in the valley were extremely pro Sheikh Abdullah. They followed him blindly.

That is debatable as has been well examined by Christopher Snedden in his 'The Untold Story of the People of Azad Kashmir' chronically the progression of the Kashmir Movement from a few years before '47 till a few years into '00s - Its a well referenced book...worth a read !

Got that...but for how long can Kashmiris cling to events from 1947-48? And isn't independence diluting the movement as neither Nation is favorable to that?

I hope Kashmiris on both sides owe their allegiance to their respective Nations than pushing for Independence. Cheers on your stand! :cheers:

Kashmiris may be docile but they also have very long memories - They've seemed to clung so far so who knows ?

That is debatable as has been well examined by Christopher Snedden in his 'The Untold Story of the People of Azad Kashmir' chronically the progression of the Kashmir Movement from a few years before '47 till a few years into '00s - Its a well referenced book...worth a read !

Kashmiris may be docile but they also have very long memories - They've seemed to clung so far so who knows ?
Will buy it sir. Which part of J&K is ur family from? My maternal side is froM Baramulla

The title portrays pakistan as a lover of india.....where was this supposed longing, these spasms of friendship in kargil, 65.India has finally understood that words out of a liar and a pakistani establishment are the same....securing our boders against these terrorists is the most important security to owr security.Mumbai will not be this easily forgotten.

Tussi te saddae gwandi hoi phir. Part of ur family still living there?

Nope; most of them came to Pakistan in '48 - at least the ones who made it out alive; while the rest immigrated to other countries over the years when they just couldn't take it anymore !

I think the last one - some Uncle on my Dad's side - left Srinagar in the '90s !

Nope; most of them came to Pakistan in '48 - at least the ones who made it out alive; while the rest immigrated to other countries over the years when they just couldn't take it anymore !

I think the last one - some Uncle on my Dad's side - left Srinagar in the '90s !
K. In case u want to come let me know. I have family in baramulla and srinagar. Wazwan naal khatir karangae tuhadi.

K. In case u want to come let me know. I have family in baramulla and srinagar. Wazwan naal khatir karangae tuhadi.

Thank You, the sentiment is much appreciated ! :)

But I don't think they let Pakistanis visit Kashmir - at least they didn't a few years back when my Grandpa tried !

He visited Kashmir the last time in '33 - I think - before he moved to Lahore for further studies & he so wanted to visit Kashmir once more before he died - Too bad he couldn't....the relations aren't good enough I suppose ! :(

But I don't think they let Pakistanis visit Kashmir - at least they didn't a few years back when my Grandpa tried !

He visited Kashmir the last time in '33 - I think - before he moved to Lahore for further studies & he so wanted to visit Kashmir once more before he died - Too bad he couldn't....the relations aren't good enough I suppose ! :(
yeah bro I know. Before 1989 a lot of my friends families used to visit from pakistan during summer time but that has all changed. Hope things normalize. Anyways kabhi chakar lagta hai to batana.

my room mate is from AK .. his family migrated from sri nagar... still has some relatives in iok.

Back
Top Bottom