What's new

Incest a 'fundamental right', German Committee says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon every baighairti in the world would be considered a fundamental right and would be completely legal in this world.
Haha yeah and people will consider it fundamental rights and freedom of expression :p:p

Don't generalize Muslims. Modern Bangali Muslim culture considers cousin marriages a social taboo. Then again, I can't speak for all remote, rural regions of WB/BD.
I'm not generalising anything.
Till I met my friend I didnt know that Indian muslims get married to their immidiate first cousins.
Do you know in our culture we have 15-20+ families in a tribe/clan. All of them are called cousins even though our relationship would be divided by 2-3 generations. You people have a stupid idea of cousin marriages. They are a common place in Pakistan, however you people always take a cousin for a 1st or a 2nd cousin. The kids of my dad's maternal cousin with no direct relation are also regarded as cousins in our culture. My family has over 500-600 people, registered on the book keeping we do on weddings. All of those who are of my age are regarded as my cousins, does'n it mean if i get married to one of them, it becomes cousin marriage?

Regardless of that, in Islam marrying your uncles or aunts daughter is permissible but not mandatory. Even that considered, the union of two parents would be selected from 300-400 individuals therefore its impossible let alone unlikely that two parents in one tribe come from the same set of ancestors because we regularly marry into 'other tribes' as well. Therefore even if you marry your uncles first daughter it doesn't mean a cousin marriage in Hindu understanding of the word since marrying out of one's caste is not permissible. In our cultures your uncles daughter would have a mother from either a distant relative with no direct blood link or from a different tribe altogether.Or your uncle would have a different mother if the grandfather had multiple wives which is also permissible in Islam.

@levina
1) In north India cousin marriages 're not allowed and ergo you'll see such news evoke malevolent reactions from them.
Even in south India the idea of cousin marriages is slightly different,as I said earlier...
I know some families where guys and gals get married only to their first cousins.But the condition is that a sister and brother's kids can only get married.And it would be sacriligeous to marry off kids of 2 brothers.
I'm not here to compare 2 cultures but just to voice my opinion.

2)As far as allowing siblings marriage is concerned then its sacriligeous.We 're human beings and not animals.

3) i didnot get any notification when you mentioned me in your post.

Why are people getting upset?

It's an internal matter for Germany. If German society considers it acceptable, it's their choice.

Also, it's wrong to say that it's a slippery slope to pedophilia. Consent between adults is one thing; forcing a child is another.

wth???:o:
dont wanna sound judgemental but this thread is weird,,,,amounting to blasphemy imo.
ppl there is huge pool of suitable girls/boys other then ur cousins n sisters/brothers,,,days of electra,odipus r gone,welcome to 2014

Lol.
There's some good news.
Atleast in this generation I've not heard of anyone getting married to their first cousins.

And I am off this thread....

Why are people getting upset?

It's an internal matter for Germany. If German society considers it acceptable, it's their choice.

Also, it's wrong to say that it's a slippery slope to pedophilia. Consent between adults is one thing; forcing a child is another.

This has wider implications for the rest of us 'Europeans', especially when one considers the fate of other similarly controversial issues such as guy marriage and euthanasia (not that I am against either). The trouble is that most institutions that matter in Europe are deeply undemocratic, dominated by liberal nazis who have long taken leave of their senses and have scant regard for the views of those they purportedly represent. It is therefore highly likely that perverisities that get enshrined in statute in one part of the continent would quickly find their way to the rest of the EU.

With regards to consent in incest (if such a thing exists), based on my own limited experience of working with incestuous siblings, such relationships are invariably abusive in one or both directions and are typically the consequence of highly dysfunctional family and social systems (this obviously excludes cases where siblings fostered separately meet by coincidence etc). By normalising such relationships and according them legal sanctity, one runs the risk of not only colluding with and abetting abuse but also perpetuating harm and suffering in any children who might result from such unions.

Seem like you have experienced it personally, do you anything about your real father?

1. Learn to communicate in proper English before responding to my posts. I don't communicate in gibberish.
  2. I generally don't respond to personal attacks since it shows the mentality of the idiot leveling such attacks. I therefore suggest that you grow up, take a shower if you are an adult and calm down and take better control of your brain

1. Learn to communicate in proper English before responding to my posts. I don't communicate in gibberish.
  2. I generally don't respond to personal attacks since it shows the mentality of the idiot leveling such attacks. I therefore suggest that you grow up, take a shower if you are an adult and calm down and take better control of your brain

You are one reatarded hindu. First you bring my house and then cry about personal attack, typical trait of b child.

Last edited:
Soon the people replying in this thread will be called "Narrow minded people stopping human freedoms from expressing themselves " Am curious to see how far these freedoms go to and where they take us maybe 100 years from now relationship b/w man and woman will be blasphemous :lol:

Last edited:
Lol.
Why do you remind me of the character Parvateshwar from the secrets of Nagas?? :D (I'm assuming you've read immortals of meluha)
@halupridol -FYI

You know what?
I know some families where guys and gals get married only to their first cousins.But the condition is that a sister and brother's kids can only get married.And it would be sacriligeous to marry off kids of 2 brothers.
Infact I have even heard of a man and woman who were siblings and eloped for obvious reasons.

That's the rule in Karnataka too. And that's because the sister's children will be from a different gotra, but the gotra of all children from brothers will be the same. Same gotra marriages are still avoided, but that system is pretty flawed, as genetically unrelated people or very distantly related people can also have same gotra while very close people can have different gotras.:tsk:

And why do I remind you of Parvateshwar?:o: Being celibate does not make me an unparalleled warrior like him.:D

This is what happens when u have secularism. :rofl: After homosexuality , this was the next big frontier for liberal european yahoos.

Nope. Only in certain small pockets of rural Haryana perhaps. And that's the price they've to pay for female foeticide. Sharing spouses is still a very taboo subject for the vast majority of all Indians.
:woot: Indians are sharing wives between brothers because of female foeticide? Shocking!

This has wider implications for the rest of us 'Europeans', especially when one considers the fate of other similarly controversial issues such as guy marriage and euthanasia (not that I am against either). The trouble is that most institutions that matter in Europe are deeply undemocratic, dominated by liberal nazis who have long taken leave of their senses and have scant regard for the views of those they purportedly represent. It is therefore highly likely that perverisities that get enshrined in statute in one part of the continent would quickly find their way to the rest of the EU.

With regards to consent in incest (if such a thing exists), based on my own limited experience of working with incestuous siblings, such relationships are invariably abusive in one or both directions and are typically the consequence of highly dysfunctional family and social systems (this obviously excludes cases where siblings fostered separately meet by coincidence etc). By normalising such relationships and according them legal sanctity, one runs the risk of not only colluding with and abetting abuse but also perpetuating harm and suffering in any children who might result from such unions.

Both coercive and abusive relationships, as well as consensual relationships, will happen between adults regardless of what the law says, so I am not sure what actual effect a legal ruling would have.

Also, it's not always the liberals pushing for these things. I was surprised that, in Canada, the people pushing to lower the age of consent were conservatives, not liberals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom