What's new

Incest a 'fundamental right', German Committee says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err...no they are not...Its a very vile thing to do in popular Indian culture. Thats why i was shocked.
Sorry mate, but it's very common in India too, and between first cousins at that!

Yes it is a very common practise among south Indians and as far as I know in muslims too. One of my muslim friend from UP is married to his first cousin.

Was slow off the blocks again. :lol:

I was asked by my own parents if I was interested in a cousin of mine. Came as a rude shock to me. :(

I thought it is already legal in Pakistan. My co-worker recently married his cousin in Lahore.

When I asked him like WTF, he said it is acceptable in Pakistan and popular!!! :o::o::o:

Mr cousins marriages are common in Indian hindus, especially in South. And also wife sharing between brothers which is indeed vile.

Last edited:
Mr cousins marriages are common in Indian hindus, especially in South. And also wife sharing between brothers which is indeed vile. Do not play dumb like typical low life bhangi.

Sharing wives is NOT common anywhere in South India. Don't mix the two unrelated issues.

Sharing wives is NOT common anywhere in South India. Don't mix the two unrelated issues.

But its common in North India. South India is more civilized so hardly anyone kill baby girl there.

But its common in North India.

Nope. Only in certain small pockets of rural Haryana perhaps. And that's the price they've to pay for female foeticide. Sharing spouses is still a very taboo subject for the vast majority of all Indians.

Nope. Only in certain small pockets of rural Haryana perhaps. And that's the price they've to pay for female foeticide. Sharing spouses is still a very taboo subject for the vast majority of all Indians.

Sorry but haryana jats are good human beings, i bet this vile thing is done by non-jats and blame is put on jats. UP/Bihar is big on wife sharing.

Sorry mate, but it's very common in India too, and between first cousins at that!

Was slow off the blocks again. :lol:

I was asked by my own parents if I was interested in a cousin of mine. Came as a rude shock to me. :(
may be only in south India... especially AP and tamilnadu.
causin marriage is illegal in hindu marriage act unless its due to regional custom... its legal under muslim personal law in india.
In rest of India... its a taboo.. infact you wont marry your distant relative..forget first causin.

Sorry but haryana jats are good human beings, i bet this vile thing is done by non-jats and blame is put on jats. UP/Bihar is big on wife sharing.
its only in states with skewed sex ratio.. haryana is the worse..
UP and bihar might be shitholes but they rarely marry causins or share wives.

I thought it is already legal in Pakistan. My co-worker recently married his cousin in Lahore.

When I asked him like WTF, he said it is acceptable in Pakistan and popular!!! :o::o::o:

Cousin in not considered brother or sister in our culture and religion , a cousin is just a close relative nothing more than that. Scientifically your brother or sister are only those who share at least one parent with you which is not the case with any of your cousins so even scientifically also cousin is not your brother or sister. Don't try to impose your stupid cultural sensitivities on other cultures who have got nothing to do with your stupid logic with regards to relationships.

may be only in south India... especially AP and tamilnadu.
causin marriage is illegal in hindu marriage act unless its due to regional custom... its legal under muslim personal law in india.
In rest of India... its a taboo.. infact you wont marry your distant relative..forget first causin.

It's very common in Karnataka too, and amongst all castes and sects. In fact, marriage amongst cousins is one of the oldest forms of marriage itself, and is not a recent phenomenon at all.

Add to this the fact that most subcastes were/still are endogamous groups, and marriages earlier also entailed high dowries, such an arrangement was usually seen as a good way to keep property within the extended family.

WTF did i just read :o:

More about the precedent this sets for in
As the article clearly says "Incest remains illegal in the UK and most European countries"
Source: Incest a 'fundamental right', German Committee says

Nice how you guys oversimplify and take the whole thing out of context.

Like those fine ISIS lads....

The main thrust of the article is that incest 'could be' decriminalised in Germany on the back of this recommendation by the German Ethics Council. This is a reasonable assumption to make since the committee is state backed and likely plays some role in shaping public policy. So how is it 'taking out of context'?

I am more concerned about the precedent this sets since 'incest' does not just relate to sexual relationships between siblings. Once incest is accepted as a 'fundamental right', it is only a matter of time before this right is extended to children (as human rights are universal) and parents. Already there is tacit acceptance of inter-sibling incest, certainly in the UK, and it is highly unusual for such cases to be prosecuted unless there is a significant age difference among those involved, one of the siblings is below 12 or is deemed vulnerable for various reasons. Besides, it is extremely difficult to establish valid consent in incest since many different factors and motives come into play in such relationships and, more importantly, it runs contrary to nature as evidenced by the high incidence of birth anomalies in the progeny.

On another note, it is exactly this sort of muddled thinking by the 'liberal intelligentsia' that allow the likes of ISIS to propagate negative stereotypes about the West and swell their ranks with recruits from Europe..

43dfa3e4f9c2b081cff9031f452730e5.jpg

(no offence intended)

This human rights stuff is going too far now. Incest is banned for very valid moral and medical reasons and should remain banned.
Of all the things, someone decides that incest is a fundamental right? I say free Chicken Biryani is a fundamental right!

I remember there was a case in germany that a boy fell in love with a girl..and later came to know she is long lost sister.. but went ahead and married here anyway even though its illegal.
If I was judge I would not like to send both of them to jail.

Yes it is a very common practise among south Indians and as far as I know in muslims too. One of my muslim friend from UP is married to his first cousin.

Don't generalize Muslims. Modern Bangali Muslim culture considers cousin marriages a social taboo. Then again, I can't speak for all remote, rural regions of WB/BD.

I still bet @ranjeet is good human being and will not kill little girl, i am right ranjeete?

If westrens can declare homosexuality to be perfectly natural , then it shouldnt be surprising if they declare incest to be legal and normal. I think its result of the loss of their touch with religion. No matter how much corrupt is christianity, you would expect some morals from conservative christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom