What's new

IN YOUR FACE SHANGHIS,BHAKTS !In Kerala, a Beef-Eating Fest to Protest Against Beef Ban

Your comments about we have a choppibg hand ritual is below the belt..How many times do you see it happens? Yes religious bigots are there but people here are much tolerant to other religions.. I too said many times before that govt shouldn't be a hostage to any religious parties..They have plenty of things to do than working for any religion..We as a nation should learn to keep religion as a personal business rather that trying to force it on others..

You must be crazy to believe your own propaganda. There was a news few days back in kerala that a hindu man was killed because he went to the house of a muslim women in the night. :cheesy:

He was killed when he was leaving and his family was informed to come and collect the body :coffee:

secular-indian-logic.jpg

You must be crazy to believe your own propaganda. There was a news few days back in kerala that a hindu man was killed because he went to the house of a muslim women in the night. :cheesy:

He was killed when he was leaving and his family was informed to come and collect the body :coffee:

secular-indian-logic.jpg

Not as crazy as you finding religion in farts..

LOL..... is that what you think of Hinduism ? ....... a Religion of farts ?

Good that you have proclaimed it clearly. We now know what you stand for. Bigot identified. :coffee:

As I told you, you are nuts finding religion on farts too..

Adivasis in Kerala are facing serious nutrition problem and many newborn adivasi kids died due to malnutrition. DYFI should have conducted their first beef festival at near some Adivasi homeland.

Where do these sensibilities arise from? Even Hindus have often been in two minds regarding the issue. Any one can be offended at the slightest of issues,which is why intolerance exists. But being a rational person, why make an issue of something where none exists? No one is forcing Hindus to eat beef or even kill cows. But let others enjoy it.

Its why we don't eat dogs, cats, tigers, elephants, bears now. Rationally there should be no difference if they are farmed for meat. There are not many countries who buy into that kind of rationality. I personally have no issue with beef, go as far as to think any ban imposes huge economic costs but I'm the not the person who is affected. As I said, when we have the guts to take on all religions equally, maybe we can revisit the question. After all, why should Hindus or Christians be bound by a religious principle of not creating images of someone when it has no connection to their religion. Why not allow offensive cartoons? We are not secular in the actual sense of the word, more a country which makes many compromises. There is a reason the founding fathers did not put in the word "secular" in the constitution, they were clearly aware that they were making many compromises which includes religion based laws as also talking about preventing cow slaughter.

Your fight for true secularism as a "rational" person cannot start & end with cow slaughter. Can't cherry pick on this matter.

Absolutely..
But I am not cherry picking, It is simply the topic ie. cow slaughter at hand that I am discussing.

I personally believe Hindus and Christians have every right to create images of Muhammad or any one for that matter. It does not affect any rational person. I am not blinded by faith. Living in India has taught me that there are many many versions of truth and all religions are nothing but collective ancient philosophy and knowledge with innumerable contradictions and paradoxes within sacred texts, be it Hindu or Islamic. There are countless images,depictions,paintings of Muhammad in many Islamic records. The recent hullaballoo was another example of modern ignorance in Islam.

But I believe there is a difference between a theological Islamic state and India. India has always been the tolerant, all accepting diverse region. People from all over asia and Europe wished to come and settle in this land of dreams.

Leave pork ,In some places muslims forcefully close hotels to during ramzan month ....

"Liquor Shops in Muslim areas ransacked and Muslims caught drinking thrashed. Hindu hotels which were open during Ramzan shut down forcibly."

With fatwas and punishments, radical Muslim leaders holds entire community to ransom : Kerala - India Today

^^^ Will anyone conduct Food fest in these areas ?

Let alone Hindus, Even educated sober Muslims are scared to venture in these areas. The Government should take strict action against them. No one should be above the law!

Let alone Hindus, Even educated sober Muslims are scared to venture in these areas. The Government should take strict action against them. No one should be above the law!

No one will take action ,Who will have the courage to take 27% strong Muslim votebank ?....

Leave pork ,In some places muslims forcefully close hotels to during ramzan month ....

"Liquor Shops in Muslim areas ransacked and Muslims caught drinking thrashed. Hindu hotels which were open during Ramzan shut down forcibly."

With fatwas and punishments, radical Muslim leaders holds entire community to ransom : Kerala - India Today

^^^ Will anyone conduct Food fest in these areas ?
That's communal, secularism is all about bending backward to please the minorities not to deny them from expressing and exercising their right to religion.

A no go area in secular Mallu land? In God's own country? hard to believe that.

Guys it is a political gimmics by DYFI..... Everyone knows How DYFI survives in kerala.......

There are places in Kerala where NDF is strong....... pockets of Malappuram, Karunagappally, Kozhikode, perumbavoor, etc etc........ NDF is an extreme organisation, to an extent replacement of SIMI/ISS......... But then the article posted is on a issue happened 16 years back.......

That's communal, secularism is all about bending backward to please the minorities not to deny them from expressing and exercising their right to religion.

A no go area in secular Mallu land? In God's own country? hard to believe that.

Not Secularism ,its the fear that allows such things

Back
Top Bottom