What's new

IN YOUR FACE SHANGHIS,BHAKTS !In Kerala, a Beef-Eating Fest to Protest Against Beef Ban

Now try holding a pork eating festival, and then see the "secular brigade" chop your hands off. :rofl:

There are plenty of places here in Kerala which sells pork.. Nobody chopped anyone's hand for that..

Goons attack students during holi celebration, Kerala - Mathrubhumi English News Online

16420_213154.jpg

attack.jpg

B_jbK2xVAAAEC-7.png:large

Alappuzha: Goons unleashed attack on students of an engineering college here on Friday while they were celebrating holi.

The attackers alleged that the colours used by students fell on some women passersby. Four students sustained injures in the attack. Alleging that the attack was carried out with the knowledge of the management, the students ransacked the college.

The students of engineering college at Pattoor, Nooranad here had celebrated holi on Thursday. Their plan to extend the celebrations on Friday was opposed by management following complaints from parents. Accordingly, the venue of celebrations was shifted outside the campus.

While splashing colours on each other, it is alleged that the colours fell on some women. Also, the parents of some girl students turned up with complaints. Provoked over this, an eight-member gang emerged and started attacking the students with logs and steel rods.

Four students sustained injuries on their heads were admitted to a private hospital in Idappon.

Later, alleging that the attack was at the behest of the management, the students ransacked the office of the college and also broke the windowpanes of classrooms and windshields of college bus.

The Nooranad police registered a case and investigations are on.

Are you sure mate? will you be ok if I hold it next to a mosque? Or you gonna cry foul then?

Kerala is known for hand chopping ritual. :lol:

Thats below the belt.. Why should it hold next to a mosque? Did any one conduct the beef protest inside the temple? How many hands you know have been chopped off becuase they consume pork?

The theory that in Vedic times there was no cow slaughter is historically inaccurate. Although cow was revered and treated as sacred, it was also offered as food to guests and persons of high status. The fact remains that ancient Hindu scriptures clearly permit the consumption of meat, even of cows. True scholars, and not modern frauds, know this. For example,
Swami Vivekananda who is considered as a major force in the revival of Hinduism in modern India, admitted that ancient Hindus used to eat meat. He says,
"You will be astonished if I tell you that, according to the old ceremonials, he is not a good Hindu who does not eat beef. On certain occasions he must sacrifice a bull and eat it."

[The complete works of Swami Vivekananda, Volume 3, Pg 536]

In the same volume on page 174 he says,

"There was a time in this very India when, without eating beef, no Brahmin could remain a Brahmin;"

Let us now look at the evidence from Hindu texts, which proves that Hinduism not only permits beef eating but also requires its folowers to institute certain cow sacrifices. I will simultaneously refute the common arguments of Hindus.

Yajna and animal sacrifices

In Hinduism, Yajna is a ritual of sacrifice derived from the practice of Vedic times. It is performed to please the gods or to attain certain wishes. A Vedic yajna is typically performed by an adhvaryu priest, with a number of additional priests such as the hotar, udgatar playing a major role, next to their dozen helpers, by reciting or singing Vedic verses. How to deal with the animal, that is to be sacrificed in the Yajna, be it a goat, a horse or a cow, is mentioned in the Aitareya Brahman of the Rigveda as follows:

"6. …Turn the animal's feet northwards. Make its eyes go to the Sun, dismiss its breath to the wond, its life to the space, its hearing to the directions, its body to the earth. In this way the Hotar (priest) connets it with these world. Take of the entire skin without cutting it. Before opening the navel tear out the omentum. Stop its breathing within (by stopping its mouth). Thus the Hotar puts breath in the animals. Make of its breast a piece like an eagle, of its arms (two pieces like) two hatchets, of its forearms (two pieces like) two spikes, of its shoulders (two pieces like) two kashyapas (tortoises), its loins should be unbroken (entire); make of its thigs (two pieces like) two shields, of the two kneepans (two pieces like) two oleander leaves; take out its twenty-six ribs according to their order; preserve every limb of its in its integrity. Thus he benefits all its limbs. Dig a ditch in the earth to hide its excrements.

7. Present the evil spirits with the blood."

[Aitareya Brahman, Book 2, para 6 and 7]

Subsequently, the same Aitareya Brahman instructing on how to distribute different parts of the sacrificial animal says,

"Now follows the division of the different parts of the sacrificial animal (among the priests). We shall describe it. The two jawbones with the tongue are to be given to the Prastotar; the breast in the form of an eagle to the Udgatar; the throat with the palate to the Pratihartar; the lower part of the right loins to the Hotar; the left to the Brahma; the right thigh to the Maitravaruna; the left to the Brahmanuchhamsi; the right side with the shoulder to the Adhvaryu; the left side to those who accompany the chants; the left shoulder to the Pratipasthatar; the lower part of the right arm to the Neshtar; the lower part of the left arm to the Potar; the upper part of the right thigh to the Achhavaka; the left to the Agnidhra; the upper part of the right arm to the Aitreya; the left to the Sadasya; the back bone and the urinal bladder to the Grihapati (sacrificer); the right feet to the Grihapati who gives a feasting; the left feet to the wife of that Grihapati who gives a feasting; the upper lip is common to both, which is to be divided by the Grihapati. They offer the tail of the animal to wives, but they should give it to a Brahmana; the fleshy processes (maanihah) on the neck and three gristles (kikasaah) to the Grahvastut; three other gristles and one half of the fleshy part on the back (vaikartta) to the Unnetar; the other half of the fleshy part on the neck and the left lobe (Kloma) to the Slaughterer (Shamita), who should present it to a Brahmana, if he himself would not happen to be a Brahmana. The head is to be given to the Subrahmanya, the skin belongs to him (the Subrahmanya), who spoke, Svaah Sutyam (to morrow at the Soma Sacriice); that part of the sacrificial animal at a Soma sacrifice which beloings to Ilaa (sacrificial food) is common to all the priests; only for the Hotar it is optional.

All these portions of the sacrificial animal amount to thirty-six single pieces, each of which represents the paada (foot) of a verse by which the sacrifice is carried up…"

"To those who divide the sacrificial animal in the way mentioned, it becomes the guide to heaven (Swarga). But those who make the division otherwise are like scoundrels and miscreants who kill an animal merely."

"This division of the sacrificial animal was invented by Rishi Devabhaaga, a son of Srauta. When he was departing from this life, he did not entrust (the secret to anyone). But a supernatural being communicated it to Girija,the son of Babhru. Since his time men study it."

[Aitareya Brahman, Book 7, Para 1, Translated by Martin Haug]

I have come across certain bigots among Hindus, who make the excuse that these are the translations of a non-Hindu European scholar with 'ulterior motives'. This is a common response of half-baked Hindus, who have negligible knowledge of Hindu scriptures. To establish the authenticity of the above translations, I will produce before you passages from the 'Purva Mimamsa Sutras' of Jaimini, its commentary called 'Shabarbhasya' and the views of renowned Arya Samaj scholar, Pandit Yudhishthira Mimamsak on them.

How does finding of cattle bone show they were being eaten ? Do finding of human bone mean we were eating Humans too ? :lol:

Secular Retards. LOL.
The retard here is you. Please read about how archaelogists find out about diets of ancient people from the remains of animals. While human remains are mostly intact, animal remains have signs of cuts,charring and being cooked.

The retard here is you. Please read about how archaelogists find out about diets of ancient people from the remains of animals. While human remains are mostly intact, animal remains have signs of cuts,charring and being cooked.

I went thought your first link i.e. Indian Archaeology 1969-70 A Review, and guess what I found ?

You are a Filthy liar.

Your link does NOT say "Beef" its says "meat" :lol: .............. you changed it to "beef". Disgusting Mulla propagandist. :tdown:

After that I stopped bothering to read your other links, since it was clear you were lying through your teeth and spreading lies.

Animal sacrifices in Vedas, including cow sacrifice

Chapter 24 of the Shukla Yajurveda is a unique chapter that will help us throw light on the animal sacrifices in the Vedas. This chapter contains an exact enumeration of animals that are to be tied to the sacrificial stakes, with the names of the deities to which they are dedicated. Several of the animals cannot be identified. This entire chapter is a weird puzzle, which is difficult to solve for the modern vegetarian Hindus. They are simply unable to explain the coherent meaning of this chapter. You will be amazed to know that even a Vedic scholar like Swami Dayanand is unable to throw any light on it. He merely says that we should know the qualities of each animal by relating to the qualities of the deity to whom they are dedicated. This statement of the Swami is itself a puzzle, as it gives no clear beneficial knowledge to us. Even Pandit Devi Chand, an Arya Samaj scholar, who based his English translation of the Yajurveda on Swami Dayanand's work is clueless about the exact meaning of this chapter. He says in the footnote to verse #1,

"The exact significance of these animals being attached to the forces of nature (or Deities) is not clear to me." (words in brackets mine)

Does this mean that no Hindu scholar for thousands of years has been able to understand the meaning of this chapter? I would say that is not the case. If we go to the Brahmanas and the classical commentators of the Vedas, the puzzle is solved. According to them each animal dedicated to a particular diety in this chapter has to be sacrificed to that deity. See Shatapath Brahmana 13/2/2/1-10

If this view is not accepted as the correct one, then every verse of this chapter would be a question mark with no answer. For example, verse 1 dedicates 'a cow that slips her calf' to Indra. But the question is, what will Indra do with such a cow? Is Indra going to give a sermon to her? or is Indra going to punish her? Such questions require satisfactory answers which modern vegetarian Hindus are unable to provide.

In the Yajnas meant for obtaining Rice, meat of bull was cooked and offered to the diety.

Rigveda 10/28/3 mentions this as

"Your worshippers express with the stone fast flowing exhilarating Soma-juices for you. You drink them. They roast bull for you, you eat them when you are invoked, Maghavan, to the sacrificial food."

This is interpreted by Sayana Acharya as follows:

"You (O Indra), eat the cattle offered as oblations belonging to the worshippers who cook them for you."

Acharya Sayana explicitly mentions about sacrificing a bull in the introduction to Atharvaveda 9/4/1 as follows

"The Brahman after killing the bull, offers its meat to the different deities. In this hymn, the cow is praised, detailing which parts of the bull are attached to which deity as well as the importance of sacrificing the bull and the rewards of doing the same."

There is OVERWHELMING archaeological evidence of beef eating in Indus Valley Civilisation and the Vedic era. This continued till at least around the 5th century AD.

I'm sorry to disappoint the "Hindu" fanatics who claim that Muslims introduced beef eating into India. Even a CASUAL study of archaeological data over the course of two days has confirmed overwhelming evidence that beef was REGULARLY eaten in India well before Islam was even created. I can now PERSONALLY CHALLENGE anyone in India or the world to prove that the cow was always sacred in India.

Beef was eaten in the Pune area at least till 1400 BC

EXCAVATIONS AT INAMGAON, DISTRICT PUNE reveals
The early settlers cultivated barley (Hordeum vulgare), millets, ragi, lentil and peas. The people also subsisted on hunting and fishing. Among the animal bones recovered, a good number are those of deer as well as domesticated sheep/goat, cattle, buffalo, etc. They were slaughtered sometimes for food.

Beef was commonly eaten in Rishikesh-Haridwar till 5th century AD
EXCAVATION AT VIRABHADRA TEMPLE-SITE, RISHIKESH, DISTRICT DEHRA DUN.

Evidence regarding dietary habits of the people, as revealed by bones recovered from the excavation, deserves special mention. Nearly eighty per cent of the animal bones come from VBA-I while the remaining from VBA-II. It was seen that while only cattle bones have been recovered from the latter, the former yielded bones of both cattle and goat. The collection consists of fragments of long bone, ribs and vertebrals and some molars. It was observed that animal bones were confined to the early phase, the later phases being free from such remains. This change could be linked with the establishment of Structures 1 and 2 which may thus represent remains of temples. Probably the present emphasis on vegetarianism in Rishikesh-Hardwar could be traced back to circa sixth century A.D.

Conclusive evidence of beef eating in the proximity of Ayodhya during the late Vedic period

EXCAVATION AT SISWANIA, DISTRICT BASTI
More than four thousand animal remains from the site were studied by U.C. Chattopadhyaya of the University of Allahabad. The animal taxa identified include Zebu, i.e., humped Indian cattle (Bos indicus), buffalo (Bubalus bubalis), horse (Equus caballus), sheep/goat (Ovis/Capra), spotted deer (Axis axis), antelope (Antelope sp), wild boar (Sus scrofa), domestic pig (Sus scrofa cristatus), pigmy hog (Sus silvanius), dog (Canis familiaris), cat (Felis sp.), hare (Lepus sp.), common rat (Rattus rattus), bandicoot rat (Bandicota bengalensis), tortoise (at least two species-Chitra indicus and Trionyx gangeticus) and fish of large, medium and small size, and Aves including fowl (Gallus galliformes).

The overall picture from the lowest to the uppermost levels at the site suggests a predominantly domesticated economy in which cattle bones have the largest representations. Other domesticated animals include sheep/goat, pig, dog and cat. A large specimen (a molar) of horse from layer 7 of Trench ZA3 (Quadrant 3) suggests that domesticated horse was introduced in this area. At the same time aquatic animals, like tortoise and fish, constituted an important source of human diet. The remains of bandicoot rat and common rat suggest well settled life, associated with storing grains. A few wild animals were also hunted including wild boar, pigmy hog, deer and antelope.
The fact that most of these species (excluding perhaps dog and cat) constituted items of human diet as is shown by the characteristic cut and chopping marks observed in the bones.
Mohatarma,all those evidences that you have provided in order to support your theory have some serious flaws in them.For example,the Pune community who used to consume beef at around 1400 B.C. were most probably indigenous people who were not Sanatan Dharmics.Sanatan Dharma only started to spread beyond the Vindyas from around 800 B.C.Similarly the people of Rishikesh-Hardwar were indigenous Pahari tribals who were most probably the followers of some sort of animistic religion.These tribes were brought within the folds of Sanatan Dharma at around 6-7 century A.D.
Dharmic tradition stictly forbids the consumption of bovine flesh as cows have always been revered as mothers in our religion because nearly all Dharmic followers consume her milk since childwood apart from consuming milk of their own mothers.Hence we respect the cows as much as we respect our own mothers:coffee:.

Last edited:
I went thought your first link i.e. Indian Archaeology 1969-70 A Review, and guess what I found ?

You are a Filthy liar.

Your link does NOT say "Beef" its says "meat" :lol: .............. you changed it to "beef". Disgusting Mulla propagandist. :tdown:

After that I stopped bothering to read your other links, since it was clear you were lying through your teeth and spreading lies.
If you dont read you will never know your own religion. No need to get personal.

Mohatarma,all those evidences that you have provided in order to support your theory have some serious flaws in them.For example,the Pune community who used to consume beef at around 1400 B.C. were most probably indigenous people who were not Sanatan Dharmics.Sanatan Dharma only started to spread beyond the Vindyas from around 800 B.C.Similarly the people of Rishikesh-Hardwar were indigenous Pahari tribals who were most probably the followers of some sort of animistic religion.

That is absolutely fine. Whatever it is, What I am trying to say is that this country has wide range of beliefs, customs, traditions and diversity. You cannot claim that someone should stop eating beef suddenly because some Hindu is offended. This applies to Muslims as well.
The main issue is of criminalising the consumption of beef. You dont like it, dont eat it. What stuns me is the hypocrisy and the reasons given for such a ban.
While bull sacrificing is ok, killing of cow is unacceptable?
I admit that eating beef is not a necessity or even good in our climate but that choice should be of the people.

Dont know why they conducted a beef festival... DYFI and few wants to make headlines.

We have plenty of food festivals, fairs and exhibitions where exotic, traditional beef dishes are a big attraction .

l
If you dont read you will never know your own religion. No need to get personal.

That is absolutely fine. Whatever it is, What I am trying to say is that this country has wide range of beliefs, customs, traditions and diversity. You cannot claim that someone should stop eating beef suddenly because some Hindu is offended. This applies to Muslims as well.
The main issue is of criminalising the consumption of beef. You dont like it, dont eat it. What stuns me is the hypocrisy and the reasons given for such a ban.
Well i also feel that the Govt. shouldn't criminalize the consumption of beef.Plus the ban is only for beef and Muslims as well as other communities are free to consume buffalo meat as they are not banned by the GoM.

l

Well i also feel that the Govt. shouldn't criminalize the consumption of beef.Plus the ban is only for beef and Muslims as well as other communities are free to consume buffalo meat as they are not banned by the GoM.

That is the problem! Why ban just beef? If you want to protect animal rights or mammal rights ban the consumption of all mammals atleast. Why only cows? why NOT buffaloes as well?
If the logic here is that cows are sacred in Hinduism, then so are bulls. But bulls are sacrificed! There is no ban.
All the while History suggests that both have been sacrificed and consumed in INDIA by HINDUS as well as Muslims and Christians.

WOW .... you are tottally SHAMELESS :lol:

This is what you wrote ,

Thermoluminiscence dating of a few potsherds of the Ochre Colour Ware from the site, conducted by the Archaeological Research Laboratory at Oxford, indicate a mean date of 1880 B.C. Besides other finds, animal bones were found in large numbers. The cut-marks, present on many of them, suggest that meat including beef was the staple diet. Evidence of some grains
(cereal), suggesting agriculture as a subsidiary occupation, was also available.

This is what the ACTUAL LINK SAYS,

..Thermoluminiscence dating of a few potsherds of the Ochre Colour Ware from the site, conducted by the Archaeological Research Laboratory at Oxford, indicate a mean date of 1880 B.C. Besides other finds, animal bones were found in large numbers. The cut-marks, present on many of them, suggest that meat was the staple diet. Evidence of some grains
(cereal), suggesting agriculture as a subsidiary occupation, was also available.

So considering your blatant attempt at propaganda, you have some cheek asking me not to get personal :lol:

See i got a negative rating from @syedali for merely saying that lets hold a pork eating festival next to a mosque :rofl:

Getting a negative rating from @syedali73 is probably the most positive afirmation of one's self esteem one can get on PDF.

It proves you are

1) not a bigot

2) not a moron

3) not bald

4) not mind-numbingly boring

That is the problem! Why ban just beef? If you want to protect animal rights or mammal rights ban the consumption of all mammals atleast. Why only cows? why NOT buffaloes as well?
If the logic here is that cows are sacred in Hinduism, then so are bulls. But bulls are sacrificed! There is no ban.
All the while History suggests that both have been sacrificed and consumed in INDIA by HINDUS as well as Muslims and Christians.
Well bulls don't occupy the same position as their female counterparts in our religion.Plus there are lots of Dharmic communities that consume buffalo meat and hence the ban has been enforced only on the sale of beef.Now i feel that the minorities in our country should realize the sensitivity of the majority community regarding the consumption of beef and hence should stop consuming beef.It will create a sense of brotherhood in this country in the long run and will help to reduce the enmity and forge a deeper friendship between the majority and the minority communities in India.Plus you can always replace beef with buffalo meat and hence it will not effect the dietary habit of the minority communities:coffee:.

Back
Top Bottom