What's new

In the UK, cases of the Covid variant identified in India double in one week

Feng Leng

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
China
In the UK, cases of the Covid variant identified in India double in one week

Cases of the Covid-19 variant first identified in India have more than doubled in England within one week, the country’s health authority said.

The number of cases of the strain had reached 6,959 by Wednesday, an increase of 3,535 cases from the previous week.

The B.1.617.2 variant, a highly contagious triple-mutant strain of the coronavirus, is likely to be more transmissible than the variant first identified in England last fall, Public Health England said Thursday.

Bolton, Bedford and Blackburn were the most affected areas in England, according to PHE, although it said there were small numbers of cases of the variant in most parts of the country.

What is the 'Indian variant' of COVID-19 that is spreading in Victoria?

Victoria has entered a seven-day lockdown over concerns about a "highly infectious" variant of COVID-19.

The variant in Victoria is a version of what is often called the "Indian variant", and it's spreading quickly in other countries as well.

"Our public health experts' primary concern is just how fast this variant is moving," Victoria's Acting Premier James Merlino said yesterday.

"We've seen overseas how difficult that movement can be to control."

Nothing is more dangerous than having India as your ally :rofl:

I am annoyed that the Indians have ruined my summer holiday plans - we are all f----- in the UK because of Modi and Boris.. Utter clowns.

At least, having a small window of summer would have been nice ...

I am annoyed that the Indians have ruined my summer holiday plans - we are all f----- in the UK because of Modi and Boris.. Utter clowns.

At least, having a small window of summer would have been nice ...

Lockdown doesn't work as long as supermarkets are open. All the schools are closed but the supermarkets are open. People get infected in supermarkets when they go for groceries. Over population is the cause of increasing diseases. 100 years ago global population was 2 billion. Now it's too many people.
One of the new variant has been found in Yorkshire. 31 people has been affected with it so far. All thanks to you Chinese for this global disaster.

So what? What are you going to do about it? :china:

The mofos have found this tool called covid and. Ow they will use variants to push their agenda. The world needs a big war to sort everything out. Believe it or not.

Back
Top Bottom