What's new

In pictures: Isis destroys Iraq shrines

ABSOLUTELY !

So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord.

[Al-Kahf, Verse: 110]

---

If they want to make Dawah in these Holy sites, let them, they are praying not to men, but their prayer goes to God the Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful, whose Love is unbounded and cannot be comprehended by the finity of man. Let ALLAH make judgment. I wat to refer to a verse in Surat Al - Baqara;

"Everything in the heavens and everything in the earth belongs to Allah. Whether you divulge what is in yourselves or keep it hidden, Allah will still call you to account for it. He forgives whoever He wills and He punishes whoever He wills. Allah has power over all things."

(Surat Al-Baqara, 284)
U r wrong my friend.people go to the graves of these so called holy people to ask for intercession with god.see that act is so abominable.what these ppl are implying is that these saints are dearer to god even before god has judged them.even if we suppose they are dearer to god why should anyone ask for their intercession?can't god hear our pleas directly?is god incapable of making decisions?why would he accord a special status to some men when the entire man kind is his creation?once we start feeling that there are people who can influence even the thought process of god,we are indirectly giving him the status of god.Anyway who are we to accord them with the status of sainthood?why are all auliyaas only men?why isn't there a single shrine for women?

Haider.
The roza e Rasool SAW has no religious significance. The only reason it is near the Masjid is because the Prophets are burried where they die. Since the Prophet died in the room belonging to Ayesha RATU the mother of the momineen he was burried there. Incidently you do know who else is burried there?
Personally I think this thread should never have been stadted on a defence forum. What ISIS does isof no consequence to Pakistan and its defence. I would suggest we let this one go. 5o me personally unity of theummah is far more important than taking a few minarets and tombs down.f
Araz
Well, I see lot of room to debate , but as per your suggestion , I let go this debate.

Haider

Their actions are awfully similar to the Saudi Ikhwaan. I won't be surprised to find out that gulf arabs and Saudis support them.
well, you know what happened to the Ikhwans in the end after they served their usefulness to the Saudi kingdom

Waiting for al-Hasani to say ISIS spports Shias...

I am a non Muslim but I strongly believe that no person should be given the same respect as god .it doesn't matter how much great that person may be.what I understood by the words of Muslims in India is they love Muhammad more than god(unknowingly). That is why all the relics and symbols of all the people who may pose a threat to status of god must be destroyed without any mercy;be it that of Muhammad ,has an,Hussain,Ali or any other relative or companion of Muhammad.of course if any atheist argues those shrines or tombs must be preserved as sites of historical significance,that is different.but from the view point of Islam these things should be decimated without any second thought.no human deserves the praise which god alone deserves
no one give them same respect as God ....
the problem is that you and Wahhabis fellow don't know how strong and highly God is and then you and they think we give them same respect ....

well, you know what happened to the Ikhwans in the end after they served their usefulness to the Saudi kingdom

I don't really know exactly happened to them but let me make a guess; they killed each other or got killed by their new caliph? They were as bright as ISIS and your average Saudi/Taliban cleric it seems. They considered railway lines and train engines to be a conspiracy against Islam hatched by the devil. I think they even attacked some trains once. Off topic, but check this out:
Saudi Cleric Places Fatwa on Mickey Mouse | Newsarama.com

I am a non Muslim but I strongly believe that no person should be given the same respect as god .it doesn't matter how much great that person may be.what I understood by the words of Muslims in India is they love Muhammad more than god(unknowingly). That is why all the relics and symbols of all the people who may pose a threat to status of god must be destroyed without any mercy;be it that of Muhammad ,has an,Hussain,Ali or any other relative or companion of Muhammad.of course if any atheist argues those shrines or tombs must be preserved as sites of historical significance,that is different.but from the view point of Islam these things should be decimated without any second thought.no human deserves the praise which god alone deserves

Kudos...you've spoken like a true muslim. Bravo!!!

Answer his question, will you advocate the desecration of the grave our Prophet?

He won't answer straight. He's read a few hadith and now considers the actions of ISIS legitimate. With a mentality like that he's only a few steps away from becoming an ISIS member.

In pictures: Isis destroys Iraq shrines
_76074959_023036572-1.jpg

Images posted on social media appear to show the destruction of about a dozen places of worship across northern Iraq, in areas recently taken over by extremist militants.

_76074961_023036576-1.jpg

Some images showed the al-Qubba Husseiniya, a Shia shrine, being blown up in the city of Mosul.

_76074925_023036476-1.jpg

Militants used a bulldozer to destroy a shrine known as the "Girl's Tomb" in Mosul.

_76074957_023036516-1.jpg

They believe giving special veneration to graves and relics is against the teachings of Islam.

_76074921_023036530-1.jpg

Militants also destroyed the Saad bin Aqeel Husseiniya shrine in Tal Afar, approximately 50 km (35 miles) west of Mosul.

_76074923_023036546-2.jpg

The militants, believed to belong to Isis (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant), are also reported to have attacked churches in Mosul.

_76074964_023036360-1.jpg

More images showed the Ahmed al-Rifai shrine and tomb in the Mahlabiya district near Tal Afar being attacked with a bulldozer.

_76074919_023036413-1.jpg

The militants have attacked Shia and Sunni shrines alike, and have vowed to continue destroying places of worship which they do not approve of.

BBC News - In pictures: Isis destroys Iraq shrines
fucking pigs

Do you realise where we are getting at with your highly uneducated claim?-
You aswell as i know the highly uneducated are the majority that goes to the shrines-
They Believe in hearsay- doesnt have the intellect and knowledge to differentiate between righteous and Shirk-
Go to Shrines and you will see your self people praying towards the graves- making duas from the dead-
Explain this to the illiterate majority why do you need a dead persons reference for you needs?- while the same dead person needs Allah for himself more than any other- is there a guarentee the dead saint is Jannati?- what stops you from asking directly from Allah- when Allah himself says in the Quran to ask pray directly to him - He listens he needs no body as a mediator- the whole wasela Reference thing is man made and sure you will be pinished for it-

You have the Quran and Hadiths infront of you all you need is some unbaised introspection- don't be Jahil like Quraish of Makkah and reject it outright-
Do you know what's the irony? Having education and relgion in the same sentence! Claiming to be a Muslim and choosing an avatar of a girl, especially a girl without hijab shows your hypocritical nature

excellent job by isis..No one but Allah is worthy to be worshipped.

In the light of Hadith:

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 8, Hadith # 419

Narrated A'isha (R.A) Um Habiba (R.A) and Um Salama (R.A) mentioned about a church they had seen in Ethiopia in which there were pictures. They told the Prophet (S.A.W) about it, on which he said, "If any religious man dies amongst those people they would build a place of worship at his grave and make these pictures in it. They will be the worst creature in the sight of Allah on the Day of Resurrection."
Sahih Muslim: Book 4, Hadith # 2116
Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah (R.A) Rasulullah (S.A.W) forbade that the graves should be plastered, or they be used as sitting places (for the people), or a building should be built over them.

Note: This hadith makes it very clear that we are NOT supposed to build ANYTHING over them. May Allah (Swt) save us , as many of the Muslim today build strong plastered graves and this is against the order of Rasulullah (S.A.W)!

Sahih Al-Bkhari: Volume 1, Book 8, Hadith # 427

Narrated A'isha (R.A) and 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas (R.A) When the last moment of the life of Allah's Apostle (S.A.W) came he started putting his 'Khamisa' on his face and when he felt hot and short of breath he took it off his face and said, "May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built the places of worship at the graves of their Prophets." The Prophet (S.A.W) was warning (Muslims) of what those had done.

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 8, Hadith # 428
Narrated Abu Huraira (RAA) Rasulullah (SAW) said, "May Allah's curse be on the Jews for they built the places of worship at the graves of their Prophets."

Sahih Muslim Book 4, Number 1083

Narrated Jundub ibn Abdullah (R.A) "I heard from the Apostle of Allah (SAW) five days before his death and he said: I stand acquitted before Allah that I took anyone of you as friend, for Allah has taken me as His friend, as he took Ibrahim as His friend. Had I taken any one of my Ummah as a friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a friend. Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that.

Sahih Muslim Book 4, Hadith # 2121

Narrated Abu Marthad al-Ghanawi (R.A) Allah's Messenger (S.A.W) said: Do not sit on the graves and do not pray facing towards them.

Open challenge to the so called anti "Wahhabi" sunni's.......What is our Prophet SAW saying here ?

Those aren't the words of the prophet of Islam those are the words of people claiming to speak on behalf of prophet long after his death.

Back
Top Bottom