What's new

In pictures: Isis destroys Iraq shrines

In a page filled with Islamic scholarship (that was illuminating actually) I want to introduce a simplistic argument.

How about don't bomb mosques, Churches, Temples and leave other people in peace?

Is that so hard? The idea that other people and culture have their own religions?

Please don't forget our local version of Wahabism....... Deobandi's are also of the same order.............. both need to wiped from the face of the earth.

What do you expect from Wahaabis? Desecrating dead bodies is their custom. Thtis deviant sect(barely Islam) was made by Lawrence of Arabia only 200 years ago.

How interesting... We have quite a few members here with soft corner for ISIS.. Many seem to see no problem with blowing up age old shrines and mosques..
But they have problem when non-Muslims reclaim their sacred places on which the barbarians built their shrines a.k.a babri masjid..

Who cares when the disease was spread? Wahabism is a disease, which was transferred to humans, in early 1700's...... :D

Joke of the century: Lawrence of Arabia created Wahabism.:jester:

Abdulwahhab created it in 18th century, actually its roots goes back to middleages. Ibn Taymiya started Salafism during Crusades and Mongol invasion.

Please don't forget our local version of Wahabism....... Deobandi's are also of the same order.............. both need to wiped from the face of the earth.

Lol of course. The deobandis of Pakistan claim to be "influenced" by Naqshbandi sufi order, yet are true wahaabis haha.

Naqshbandi my arse............... they are seeds of Lucifer.............. :cheers:

Lol of course. The deobandis of Pakistan claim to be "influenced" by Naqshbandi sufi order, yet are true wahaabis haha.

So, what people should do with Masjid Nabvi. People quoting some fabricated hadees to demolish Roza E Rasool. Its mosque and shrine both togather.
Roza-e-Rasool,+Masjid+Nabvi,+Madina+(1).jpg

0.jpg

But drawing picture is wrong in Islam.
Haider.
The roza e Rasool SAW has no religious significance. The only reason it is near the Masjid is because the Prophets are burried where they die. Since the Prophet died in the room belonging to Ayesha RATU the mother of the momineen he was burried there. Incidently you do know who else is burried there?
Personally I think this thread should never have been stadted on a defence forum. What ISIS does isof no consequence to Pakistan and its defence. I would suggest we let this one go. 5o me personally unity of theummah is far more important than taking a few minarets and tombs down.
Araz

MashaALLAH after reading all comments now i simply can understand :
Divide and Rule

Naqshbandi my arse............... they are seeds of Lucifer.............. :cheers:

Yeah true satanists haha. They are worse than wahaabis. At least a wahaabi doesn't deny being a wahaabi. Deobandis on the other hand though, claim to be hanafi but are anything but hanafi.

In a page filled with Islamic scholarship (that was illuminating actually) I want to introduce a simplistic argument.

How about don't bomb mosques, Churches, Temples and leave other people in peace?

Is that so hard? The idea that other people and culture have their own religions?

Think about it in this manner - here you have several pages of arguments between muslims, about how to interpret old scriptures, what they really mean, whether blowing up historic structures is justified or not. They can argue about this from a religious POV until the cows come home, until the sun becomes a red giant, until you and I and they are dust.

And if they can argue about or justify attacks on other sects for being unislamic, then would they have any hesitation to destroy the religious and cultural accomplishments of others? Would they blink an eye before destroying temples or gurudwaras, as they did in the Indian subcontinent by the thousands? Would any of them care that the Taliban blew up millenia old Buddhist statues at Bamiyan using artillery and rockets just a few years back? Would they care that "unbelievers" are treated as less than themselves, with lesser rights and worth?

Here on this feel good thread (that's what this is, despite the odious news) you have muslims condemning ISIS for attacking other sects, and even a dialogue between a christian and muslims about how all Abrahamic religions teach the same thing, and therefore they shouldn't attack each other. The irony is lost on them that even this feel goodish conversation is an exercise in propping up an "us versus them" mentality, which has been the bane of humanity for millenia.

Sometimes it is eminently beneficial to step back, and take an outsiders' view of things, instead of getting tied up abstruse discources of a particular POV. I have said this before, that instead of arguing back and forth about whether something is islamic or not, muslims should simply ask themselves if it is right or wrong. That's a much easier question to answer. So is it right or wrong to destroy other people's places of worship? Is it OK to go about bombing shrines or churches or temples that according to your beliefs may be heretical? Any normal human being will say that it's wrong. Everybody on this thread, if they take off their religious glasses for a moment and don their humanistic ones, will say that they will not personally go out and destroy a shrine or mosque or temple. But here you have even think tanks and older members trying to figure it out using hadiths and quran and whatnot.

Was it Voltaire who said that without religion good people would do good things and bad people would do bad things, but only religion can make good people do (or condone) bad things?

FFS people, stop debating such things from an islamic or hindu or christian POV. Just ask yourself if it is OK to destroy other people's property. It's quite easy to answer that. Some of you live in countries with significant non islamic populations. Would any of you happily go destroy those people's places of worship? If not, then why this endless debate about whether the actions of ISIS are justified or not?

@notsuperstitious @Joe Shearer @Indischer @Bang Galore @Contrarian

Last edited:
You know the Wahabbis talk about the pristine version of Islam but they base most of their nonsense on Hadith that came 300+ years after the death of the Prophet PBUH. Lol at the irony.
Why Muslims place a lot of emphasis on hadees when Quran itself can reflect the thinking of Muhammad(OK thinking of Allah if u r a Muslim).Muhammad over and over again in Quran said that he was a common man just like any other man and possess no special qualifications apart from working as a messenger of the word of god(this was the answer he gave when non Muslims asked to show miracles to prove that he was a messenger).The good thing about Muhammad was that even though he used god to bring about social and cultural reformation in those tribal lands,he never implied even remotely that he was dearer to god.he also says in Quran that no one can intercede for anyone in front of god(but the irony is today all Muslims believe that Muhammad can advise or recommend god on the day of judgement).If someone wants to follow Islam follow what Quran says not some distorted hadees which were written hundreds of years after Muhammad's death.
PS:don't assume by my words that I am either a sympathizer of Islam or Muhammad.all I want to say is the destruction of graves or any other shrine built in memory of any religious figure is entirely in accordance with the teachings of Islam.

Still leaves my question unanswered. Why not demolish it now? The grave and the structure above it is going against the basic teachings of the Salafis. Do the Saudis have the guts to do the Prophets grave what they have done to countless others? This below is how the Prophets grave should look like if the Salafis are true to their aqeedah. Not cherry picking what is right for them.

ibrahimragrave.jpg

Back
Top Bottom