What's new

In Kerala, Inter-Faith Couple Lives in Fear, Plans to Request Chief Minister For Help

Kerala is a secular state...I still want to believe so.
To my utter consternation today, I see the youth of Kerala getting influenced by religious fanatics.Its a well known fact that terrorists get recruited from Kerala and 're then trained and sent back to fight against our soldiers...which is unfortunate. I read about it in Frederick Forsyth's (ex CIA agent) book even before such news started to appear in the print media.
The issue is that though we have the highest literacy rate in India still we're extremely religious to the point that we 're superstitious and belligerent when it comes to religion.
though I'm still sanguine that a vast majority of keralites 're still secular. And may be the members on PDF (from kerala) prove me right.

But when did I sully religions??
I was talking about men who use religious texts (misinterpretated texts) and holy man's words as god's word's to suppress women folk.

Yes .Kerala is a secular state .But secularism in Kerala is in a constant threat due to cheap politics played by Govt and Opposition LDF.In Alappuzha there is a Muslim guy that suddenly become rich ,within 4 years of time.His main business is Real estate .But noone know the source of his money .This guy spike up land price in our area single handedly in to 5 lakhs per cent .
This is a case in a liberal Southern Kerala ,now you can imagine the situation in Malabar .Guys like this is now heavily influencing IUML and Congress.
But I have Muslims friends that is much secular ,hardworking for their daily needs and hoping for a BJP Govt in Kerala .
So Kerala is a secular state .But some criminals like I mentioned above is heavily influencing political parties and in turn they are playing cheap politics.

The pre-condition to that is her husband EMBRACING Islam BEFORE they get married. Anything other than that is considered sexual activity based alone and hence is NOT sensible by the strictest Islamic definition. Rather it is equated to dis-belief.

i am sure you know that in certain west asian societies like palestine and syria, there is inter-marriage among muslim ladies and christian men, and vice versa... and that is how the core of islam spread over the centuries... of course, i will also add that islam is a continuation of the teachings of jesus... so, the christian men are essentially muslim.

the interpretations of quran by nasser and gaddafi produced the most liberal kind of religious edicts ever... i will find and post a speech by gaddafi about christianity and jesus... but if i interpret quran ( and there is no need, really ), i guarantee i will interpret similar to nasser and gaddafi.

Also the burqa is irrelevant in this entire matter. The discussion on how a woman dresses and her choice in the matter is also irrelevant.

sincerely, it is relevant... i quote your own post, as below...

it would be a Muslim woman who is able to convince a man by virtue of her education and knowledge of both Islam and Worldly matters(Economics, Science, Arts etc) to embrace Islam. Anything else is NOT sensible by Islamic definition.

so, what is her education and knowledge of islam and other affairs that should convince a man... the core of quran is rules for one's life... practical rules and advises... be that about mahr or against idolatry... that is what differentiates islam from say, hinduism.

How can Kerala be a secular state when it is ruled by the Muslim League?

Thats like saying Saudi Arabia is secular or ISIS is secular.

It's the guy's fault. Either convert or wait for inevitable death. How dare he went against the secular values of India.

i am sure you know that in certain west asian societies like palestine and syria, there is inter-marriage among muslim ladies and christian men, and vice versa... and that is how the core of islam spread over the centuries... of course, i will also add that islam is a continuation of the teachings of jesus... so, the christian men are essentially muslim.

the interpretations of quran by nasser and gaddafi produced the most liberal kind of religious edicts ever... i will find and post a speech by gaddafi about christianity and jesus... but if i interpret quran ( and there is no need, really ), i guarantee i will interpret similar to nasser and gaddafi.

sincerely, it is relevant... i quote your own post, as below...

so, what is her education and knowledge of islam and other affairs that should convince a man... the core of quran is rules for one's life... practical rules and advises... be that about mahr or against idolatry... that is what differentiates islam from say, hinduism.

At no point do the existence or tolerance of inter-marriages make them legal by the definitions available in the primary scripture of Islam. And no, Christian men are NOT essentially Muslim ONCE Islam has been introduced to them. Their in-acceptance of them makes them non-Muslims. The status of Jesus has little do with the status of a Christian.

Neither Gaddafi nor Nasser are in any way to be considered the final word on the subject. You may try to interpret the Quran but it is always good to be a little well versed in similar subjects such as the Arabic of the time(with the associated metaphors and so on).

I still am not sure how you are able to get the relevancy of a woman's choosing or discarding of the Burka(in no way the exact definition of what is required by Islam for women to cover themselves) as reflection on the woman's intellect.

It's the guy's fault. Either convert or wait for inevitable death. How dare he went against the secular values of India.

These values are based upon the interpretations and understanding of Keralite Muslims. Which(unless you declare them non-citizens and promote genocide or banishment) are Indians with all the rights that it affords them. Your responsibility as a fellow Indian and to the Indian state is to help them avoid being misled instead of cynical comments and generally unwell wishes regarding your fellow Indian .

That I think is pure BS. "Hindu extremists", if there is such a thing, couldn't care less about whether she converts or not. Give me one example, where a Hindu right wing organization has forced/coerced the non Hindu spouse to convert to Hinduism.

Mate, the Hindu organisations offer to protect both if the lady convert to Hinduism.. The parents of the guy, both being teachers opposed the idea and made clear that she is free to follow her religion. Why you think there was no reaction from Hindu organisations?

These values are based upon the interpretations and understanding of Keralite Muslims. Which(unless you declare them non-citizens and promote genocide or banishment) are Indians with all the rights that it affords them. Your responsibility as a fellow Indian and to the Indian state is to help them avoid being misled instead of cynical comments and generally unwell wishes regarding your fellow Indian .
Nope these values are not exclusive to Keralite Muslims. Religious intolerance is part of sub continent people be they belong to any faith. The rise of Hindutuva you see in India today is not because they are against Minorities (although there is some percentage who are) but its because under the guise of secularism so called secular brigade only attacked Hindus not others. People saw it as an attack on Hinduism.

Mate, the Hindu organisations offer to protect both if the lady convert to Hinduism.. The parents of the guy, both being teachers opposed the idea and made clear that she is free to follow her religion. Why you think there was no reaction from Hindu organisations?
This is shameful, girls dignity/life shouldn't be held ransom to religion.

Yes it is. I never see such a rise in intolerance level in my state.. Last 3-4 years its very high..

Intolerance is on the rise all over the world especially in our part of the world; whether on ethnic, religious, sectarian, linguistic or even ideological lines (secular in nature) ! :(

This is shameful, girls dignity/life shouldn't be held ransom to religion.

Phir Bhabi nei tujheee Ranjeet Chopra seh Ranjeet Singh kisss tarhan banaa liyaaa ? :azn:

Complete with the Turban, the Beard and the other 'k's in the Sikh Faith ? :o:

Joru ka ghulam ! :whistle:

Intolerance is on the rise all over the world especially in our part of the world; whether on ethnic, religious, sectarian, linguistic or even ideological lines (secular in nature) ! :(
Do you think more so with the muslims?

Back
Top Bottom