What's new

In Kerala, Inter-Faith Couple Lives in Fear, Plans to Request Chief Minister For Help

His present life threatening problems will be solved.
why religion has to come between love? And I am not asking because it's a hindu boy and a muslim girl had it been the other way around I still would have asked the same question. Just to please other why should a couple need to go through all this? religion teach us many things and one being honest and true to your life partner, a label can't change how two people feel about each other beside soothing societal ego.

only his, i guess??

Both of them will be safe.

why religion has to come between love? And I am not asking because it's a hindu boy and a muslim girl had it been the other way around I still would have asked the same question. Just to please other why should a couple need to go through all this? religion teach us many things and one being honest and true to your life partner, a label can't change how two people feel about each other beside soothing societal ego.

Muslims aren't open to all this now. To marry Muslims you have to change faith. Only in non Muslim country one can think about this.

Muslims aren't open to all this now. To marry Muslims you have to change faith. Only in non Muslim country one can think about this.
well India isn't a Muslim country. It never was since Independence.

well India isn't a Muslim country. It never was since Independence.

Yes thats why a Muslim girl gone to a Hindu boy. Its unusual for Muslims. Possible only in non Muslim country.

In BD my Hindu friend dates a Muslim girl. He will change his faith to marry her.

Yes thats why a Muslim girl gone to a Hindu boy. Its unusual for Muslims. Possible only in non Muslim country.

In BD my Hindu friend dates a Muslim girl. He will change his faith to marry her.
love in itself a unusual thing .... pata nahi kab kis se ho jaye (you never know who you might fall for)

I wonder how can this imaginable in North India or even in other parts of South India? definitely, the Muslims here were(are!) more tolerant and progressive.

i agree and like most of your post...where i see wrong is muslims being part of temple committees.

but on topic, twenty years ago i don't remember seeing burqa ( including in my extended family ), or males rushing of to mosques five times a day, or such hateful attitude to muslim ladies marrying non-muslims.

in karnataka, a current congress party leader, dinesh gundu rao ( hindu ), married the muslim, tabu, about 20 years ago... the lovely tabu lives a happy life... him and her met in college... most muslim ladies in karnataka ( or in india ) won't do that now... those things happened when certain poisons were not there... but below is tabu...

04gund1.jpg

url.jpeg

tabu reminds me of the squash player, dipika pallikal ( a mallu )...

Dipika_Pallikal.jpg

-------------

the change in india... the resurgence of "honor killing" and such things... began around 1989 through two things... admirers of the irani mullah, khomenei, bringing his distortion of islam ( this was the time of the rushdie fatwa ), and the other was the "rath yatra" organized by the bjp party... so, the deobandi and the hinduvaadi had a resurgence then... they are technically different but ideologically the same... anti-human... and then came the babri masjid demolition and the bombay riots etc... tv programs then played a big role in popularizing nonsense rituals and traditions... combine that with starting of std telephone... many things but easily identfiable...

@levina

Last edited:
i agree and like most of your post...where i see wrong is muslims being part of temple committees.

but on topic, twenty years ago i don't remember seeing burqa ( including in my extended family ), or males rushing of to mosques five times a day, or such hateful attitude to muslim ladies marrying non-muslims.

in karnataka, a current congress party leader, dinesh gundu rao ( hindu ), married the muslim, tabu, about 20 years ago... the lovely tabu lives a happy life... him and her met in college... most muslim ladies in karnataka ( or in india ) won't do that now... those things happened when certain poisons were not there... but below is tabu...

View attachment 153357

View attachment 153359

tabu reminds me of the badminton player, dipika pallikal ( a mallu )...

View attachment 153360

-------------

the change in india... the resurgence of "honor killing" and such things... began around 1989 through two things... admirers of the irani mullah, khomenei, bringing his distortion of islam ( this was the time of the rushdie fatwa ), and the other was the "rath yatra" organized by the bjp party... so, the deobandi and the hinduvaadi had a resurgence then... they are technically different but ideologically the same... anti-human... and then came the babri masjid demolition and the bombay riots etc... tv programs then played a big role in popularizing nonsense rituals and traditions... combine that with starting of std telephone... many things but easily identfiable...

@levina

Also millions of keralite men going to the Middle East for jobs will have an ideological baggage. What I see, especially from Muslims in Hyderabad and Muslims from Malappurram, Kasargod is a 'siege mentality.'

To put it bluntly, the Non-Muslims are a corrupting influence.

Also millions of keralite men going to the Middle East for jobs will have an ideological baggage. What I see, especially from Muslims in Hyderabad and Muslims from Malappurram, Kasargod is a 'siege mentality.'

To put it bluntly, the Non-Muslims are a corrupting influence.

i didn't understand your last sentence but the rest of your post is true.

i think you mentioned hyderabad muslims to me before when i had posted about bangalore being among the most burqa-mullah place in india... yes, hyderabad and bangalore are now hopeless cases... but i used to watch the doordarshan serial, farman, in the mid-90's... the serial was set among a nawabi family of hyderabad... i don't remember seeing repressive things in that serial... it seems to have been there in hyderbad but in small scale, and has really blown up since then.

about the gelf nations, they seem now to have completed borrowing their perverted attitudes from the irani "revolution" of 1979... saudia was always irani inspired ( despite what our saudi members say ) but i am not sure about that being true for the rest of the gelf... also, i think that until saddam's iraq was independent, it had a positive influence of the gelf... but after the iraq war of 1990-91 and the sanctions, the wahabi elements in gelf became encouraged and the result was enforcing of wrong attitudes among the migrant worker population... and as you said, the indian immigrants came back with a baggage.

tell me... what year did kerala muslim ladies began dressing differently??

Ratanbai became a Muslim and Quaid's reaction to his daughter marrying a Parsi is well recorded in history.

On Topic : As the Koran so eloquently puts it - 'there is no compulsion in religion' so if a Muslim marries a Hindu or a member of another faith; its between him/her and God. Period.

On the other hand whereas I would strongly object to anyone telling another who they should or should not marry (unless so asked) let us not kid ourselves and reinvent things just to fit our world-view; the marriage between a Muslim and a Hindu is against our culture, our traditions and our faith.
No its not between her and GOD. In Islamic she would be arrested and marriage will not be accepted but as she is living in non Muslim country her family just needs to end all relations with her complete boycott by Muslim community

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom