What's new

In Kerala, Inter-Faith Couple Lives in Fear, Plans to Request Chief Minister For Help

Thanks!
thats because I've been brought up around India. Unlike other languages sounth Indians languages 're very diff from Hindi and so we mallus dont use it much. :)Next time appreciate the attempt made.
Sorry for the off topic.
For your info the Urdu or Arabic you tried to put in your avatar is incorrect it,s pronounced as "levinia" not "levina"

your first line answers the concerns you raised. No one heard them, now why didn't anybody heard it? because secularism in India meant only speaking against the majority. But when the majority spoke in clear terms in these elections suddenly you see every flag bearer of secularism crying foul and doubting the secular ideals of Hindus. This forum is but a small place, what has been followed for so long and at far much larger scale can't be undone with civil debate here.
Don,t lie or you will get banned again :lol:

Tell me something, how you define education? the ability to read and write is literacy.. does that qualify as education?
two words ... DOCTOR BRIDES
this explains the difference between education and knowledge in the subcontinent. ( atleast in the paindu circles)

your first line answers the concerns you raised. No one heard them, now why didn't anybody heard it? because secularism in India meant only speaking against the majority. But when the majority spoke in clear terms in these elections suddenly you see every flag bearer of secularism crying foul and doubting the secular ideals of Hindus. This forum is but a small place, what has been followed for so long and at far much larger scale can't be undone with civil debate here.

Are you telling me, there were no criticism on foul doings of other religions here in India?

And I disagree with her assertion that this verse has ANYTHING to do with the matter at hand..
in addition, her cross-reference the word "mu'mineen" as mentioning all believers in one god excludes the basic pre-condition that these "believers" cannot commit Shirk..which in Islamic refers to in terms of believing Jesus as the son of God.. That in itself turns her whole argument upside down which in itself seems more apologetic rather than looking strictly at the text. I have read the interpretation of Ibn-Kathir which she mentioned frequently.. and it seems like my understanding of what is written in it is entirely different from hers.

Lets take another verse that is more direct that she has given as reference...

First, she has done academic dishonesty by excluding the word Women from the translation as Ibn-Kathir(whom she refers to) has done so clearly. Which makes her message..and the statement she gives here.. rather ironic

Clearly she did not show the same when tackling the subject to not paraphrase if she was quoting. The premise then extends to only Muslim men and not women. Even if it did not extend to just Men, the Women would be forbidden to marry the non-Muslim purely on the basis of him being un-chaste as neither Judaism nor Christianity are as strict as Islam on alcohol or pre-martial sex as Islam is in definition of Chastity( the irony is that by this strict definition of chastity a lot of Muslim men and women are also un-chaste in today's Muslim society).

As I have stated before, this is less of a defence of Islam or its laws...and more of stating it as plainly as it is without the apologies that seem to follow/precede other views.
Okay..before i take this discussion further tell me your opinion about muslim men marrying non -muslim women.

Thanks!
thats because I've been brought up around India. Unlike other languages sounth Indians languages 're very diff from Hindi and so we mallus dont use it much. :)Next time appreciate the attempt made.
Sorry for the off topic.
Myself have lived all four corners of India including Chennai for 4 yrs that too in era of kale chasme wale grandpa(Karunanidhi) ....
While in Chennai I used sing
Tamil Teri yadeein Hindi Teri ma .....
While in Kolkata...
Aami Bangla bujbe Ni ....
In Mumbai
Still learning apart from yeda side hole .....
In Delhi
Chaudhary naa ban ....

Have come across many other indian dialects Rajasthani, bundelkhandi, Chhattisgarhi, Bhojpuri n himachali ...

On topics
Couple has done great job despite knowing the risk of their life..There is famous quote in Hindi ...
Neend na jaane tuti khaat
Bhook na jaane jhoota bhaat
Or ishaq na jaane jaat paat...
So lets keep demolishing all invisible walls among humans.... They deserve our salute coz very few do have courage to against such kind of religious goons... May god bring them out of trouble hour safely n bless happy married life.....

Should not happen without conversion... either way.
Then I think its time that muslim scholars sat together and discussed these verses.In a world where men and women interact with ppl of different cultures and religions, interfaith marriages 're bound to happen. The fact that the boy or gal refused to convert to Islam should be ignored because he/she gives the partner freedom to follow Islam.And that it should not be denied the status of marriage.you also told me that it would be called "sexual activity" if the non muslim fails to convert after marriage. I hope somebody would give me a better interpretation of that verse. @Zorash I wish you were here. :(
Great. make sure it doesn't over run you.
I think i know that guy...his signature sounds familiar.

Last edited:
Okay..before i take this discussion further tell me your opinion about muslim men marrying non -muslim women.

that line of enquiry interests me... i have three non-muslim brides in mind... :D

tripe love jihad... :yay:

Back
Top Bottom