What's new

In Islamabad: “You can’t eat here because you are Pakistani”

Terrible that in this day and age there is apartheid in this country. Imagine a french restaurant in paris advertising a certain section of society would not be admitted, there would be another Paris mob. So what happened to their secular ideals - and social justice for all. The fact is if someone wishes to eat halal or not is up to the individual rather than impose it on mass. Who made these people the moral police. The banning has nothing to do with the halal issue but more to do with keeping the joint free of the riff-raff - in this case every Pakistani - no matter the education the class, the fraternity. The owner tried to justify his abhorrent behaviour by citing another wrong. Is he retarded? The place should be closed down and the owners arrested under the racism act.

i have biggest home of islamabad and i am not gora :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
M_Id_406259_Mamnoon_Hussain.jpg

President-House-of-Pakistan.jpg

cushions_in_bed_room_in_presidents_house.jpg

Ex+Pres+Musharaf%27s+House+in+Pakistan+01.gif

hqdefault.jpg

dinning_table_of_pakistan_president_house.jpg

either Gora or Gora's TC man

If the food is not halal more than 95 percent of Pakistanis are already disqualified i guess . Also they might have done it to avoid lawsuits .
Who cares about about halal or non halal? My one friend is molvi, he prayers 5 times a day but he went in chakla many times. Bachi bazi is normal thing here. I said him many times you are molvi, don't do this then i can see alluring smile and still he goes. His madrasa jawan also goes there for 500 per shot in chakla.

Last edited:
They do have a point developereo.
Pakistani's have been known to burn buildings and shops on more than one occasion for a hundred different reasons.

What happens if a mob forms in front stoning it, because its explicitly written that the restaurant serves non halal food.

It's an exclusive restaurant.

Exclusive restaurants in Pakistan manage to serve alcohol to legitimate patrons, while catering to the wider population also.

1. Cryil is Christian, so he would not be offended by Pork and Chardonnay
2. Comparing venue policy with entry policy for Ramna 5 is retarded there is a massive difference in corporate security and diplomatic security
3. Foreigners esp (dip corp) are prohibited from visiting or dining out at high value, prominent locations such as Khosar maket, Centarus etc.. This policy was enforced following the attack on the FBI team at Luna Caprice. example: Urgent Messages | Embassy of the United States Islamabad, Pakistan
4. It's an exclusive restaurant just like the British Club or the UN Club, so they have a right to enforce their own entry policy, sadly the law is on their side on this one.

I agree with Cyril, this is only going to cause further problems down the line, and the only people complaining about Cyril at the 1% that actually can afford to wine and dine for 15,000 a pop. People here think that Pakistani Elite who carry dual passports and indulge in wine and debauchery don't indulge in swine flesh are deluded and simple.

Please don't forget that to start and operate this business, the owners would have had to seek permission from CDA, ICCI, SECP, CBR all of which would have had a "cut" of the "swine flesh" figuratively speaking.

There is a reason the common man calls the "elite" Khanzeer!

Kick who out? The chef? Did you read his message? Your own government enforces these laws. Added to the fact that dual national Pakistanis don't see ordinary Pakistanis as their equal anyway.

which law?

1. Cryil is Christian, so he would not be offended by Pork and Chardonnay
2. Comparing venue policy with entry policy for Ramna 5 is retarded there is a massive difference in corporate security and diplomatic security
3. Foreigners esp (dip corp) are prohibited from visiting or dining out at high value, prominent locations such as Khosar maket, Centarus etc.. This policy was enforced following the attack on the FBI team at Luna Caprice. example: Urgent Messages | Embassy of the United States Islamabad, Pakistan
4. It's an exclusive restaurant just like the British Club or the UN Club, so they have a right to enforce their own entry policy, sadly the law is on their side on this one.

I agree with Cyril, this is only going to cause further problems down the line, and the only people complaining about Cyril at the 1% that actually can afford to wine and dine for 15,000 a pop. People here think that Pakistani Elite who carry dual passports and indulge in wine and debauchery don't indulge in swine flesh are deluded and simple.

Please don't forget that to start and operate this business, the owners would have had to seek permission from CDA, ICCI, SECP, CBR all of which would have had a "cut" of the "swine flesh" figuratively speaking.
There is a reason the common man calls the "elite" Khanzeer!

This is not discrimination or exclusiveness but illegal or the misuse of the law, clearly.

Exclusive restaurants in Pakistan manage to serve alcohol to legitimate patrons, while catering to the wider population also.

discrimination on basis of attributes, not nationality. this is illegal.

Last edited:

I ask again.
What happens if they specifically point out that they serve non halal food in their restaurant.
What happens next time there is a youm-e-ishq-e-rasul or protest against US or x/y/z. The locals would find it a convenient place to vent terming it un-islamic.

I think the main issue for the entrepreneur would be safety of his investment. Its not as if he is making more money by stopping Pakistanis. He would be making lesser money than if locals also frequented his place.

which law?

This is not discrimination or exclusiveness but illegal or the misuse of the law, clearly.

discrimination on basis of attributes, not nationality. this is illegal.

sir, but who will argue with it. Those B/Cs in Awan e sadar or those idiots in H block?

instead of "no pakistanis allowed"
they cud have written "non halal served"

Then they will come under the wrath of the Islamists.

Shouldn't they be just highlighting the fact that they serve non halal food? If someone wants to eat it knowing that it's non halal then it's his choice.
You're forgetting that this isn't happening in some Western country.

Yeah we should learn from Indians, there is shop at corner of every street selling Sri, Paay and Kbabas of cow's meet in India.

Beef is very much available in India, in fact we are the 5th largest producer of beef (ahead of Pakistan) and world's largest exporter of beef!!! Many Hindus also eat beef, I have eaten beef & pork, it is no big deal in India, nobody will go after you for that. We also happily eat biryani & mughlai food cooked by Muslims in Muslim restaurants owned and run by Muslims. We are not that religious minded, in fact most Hindus, especially men, are basically atheists in daily life. So much myth goes around, na? :-)

Back
Top Bottom