What's new

In Islamabad, it’s always the Year of the Pig

:D

Once upon a time, in a land far far away ........

Those times are gone for good!

times --past, present and future -are what you make of them :)

the bloody animal ran onto the runway and the impact of the collision with the multi-million dollar new aircraft caused the front landing gear to malfunction and break off! The aircraft skidded for over a thousand feet sending fireworks of sparks everywhere.....i believe that the fuel cell erupted and this caused the aircraft to become engulfed in flames. I did not know about ordnances also blowing up.

and the pilots did eject, thanks to God :)

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

ahhh...you found the article before i pressed ''submit''

So, a pretty old incident!

The base perimeter would have been poorly marked!

At high speed, such a thing can turn into a disaster!

So, a pretty old incident!

The base perimeter would have been poorly marked!

At high speed, such a thing can turn into a disaster!

It was a brand new plane. Back then, there were lots of ways in and out of the perimeter in the thickets of acacia, if one knew where to look. One could watch planes taking off and landing at "ringside seats" easily. ;)

(Not any more I hear though.)

Lol! you guys sound so scared. My friends and I killed a boar in Punjab with rocks. We got prize for it from a village, then burned it.

cruel and stupid. Every animal has its place in this world. That's why Allah created them.

It was a brand new plane. Back then, there were lots of ways in and out of the perimeter in the thickets of acacia, if one knew where to look. One could watch planes taking off and landing at "ringside seats" easily. ;)

(Not any more I hear though.)

Well, it is still possible at some Army Aviation bases, such as Multan AAB etc.

Dont know about the AF bases though.

The sight of a C-130 taking off, from ringside view is quite emotional for me.!

C130 takeoff is badass.....

I remember when some Cobras came to Multan in aC-130, the propeller wind blew off almost all the flower pots in front of the office of the Base Commander!!!:lol:

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Nothing like a loaded F-16 on afterburner! :D

Can't argue with a jet!

The moment when the engine actually starts, that slow rising up of the noise, that is justs very beautiful to hear.

Slowly rising, then at peak output, and then the roll.

Yup. The shockwaves within the afterbuner flame are a thing of beauty, and the noise is indescribable.

our family house is in Peshawar - Hayatabad. Approx. 25 minute drive from Peshawar International Airport; which also happens to have not just the flying club but also the Peshawar Air Base. I used to see flyovers on some occasions, especially indep. day.

when you taxi after landing, you can sometimes see PAF aircrafts (e.g. Mirage-V) taxxing for takeoff on adjacent runway. It was always fun to watch those fine men and their war machines

no wild boars around there though. . which is good :)

i was unaware that you hail from Sarghoda

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

The moment when the engine actually starts, that slow rising up of the noise, that is justs very beautiful to hear.

Slowly rising, then at peak output, and then the roll.

1:50 onwards :)

sounds like one GIGANTIC turbo-charger

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom