What's new

Imran Khan's Cousin Says IK doesn't have the 'capability' to be a leader

No, I don't know much about Saleem Safi's stance on the Talibans? But I do know that Imran Khan opposed the 2009 operation against the terrorists in Swat and that, with fair amount of substance, the label of Taliban Khan is not too far off to describe him. But you seem to have no problem crying your heart out for him so long as the musical chair is broken, right? Well, there will not even be any chairs or any tables left should the mobs topple the govt.
I have always condemned (if you get a chance or time to go through my old posts) Imran's stance on Taliban. It was for the 2nd time (first being when he welcomed SMQ, JH, JT, PK etc in his party) I really got pissed at him. I am not in favor of him trying to bring down that government by means of sit-ins since, as you have said correctly, will set up a very bad and destructive precedence. However, I do support his sit-in so far he could put pressure on the government to introduce tangible and concrete electoral reforms. I am neither his supporter nor a voter but even those who are wont be able to defend IK for his idiotic actions.

Sheikh rashead wants to talk to geo but even him they put force on. He has to drop many live calls as pti forces him not to talk to geo.
Also many pti members have spoken to geo in one way or the other. They don't have issue. Imran has issue and he's being dictator.

If what you say is really true then that's the height of immaturity of Imran Khan! WTF?! This guy wants to completely boycott a major news agency and insists those around him--even from other parties--do the same. How childish and ultimately self-defeating. Geo is not THAT bad. I have followed some of their programs lately and they are far better than the likes of M. Lucman.

Is there no one left in his party to tell him that talking to people through Geo can't hurt him--it can only help him?

I am not in favor of him trying to bring down that government by means of sit-ins since, as you have said correctly, will set up a very bad and destructive precedence. However, I do support his sit-in so far he could put pressure on the government to introduce tangible and concrete electoral reforms. I am neither his supporter nor a voter but even those who are wont be able to defend IK for his idiotic actions.
Good. Sensible demands. I too want at least electoral reforms to come out of the current drama. But my request to you to is to think through the violent actions against S. Safi which you have posted above. Your prescription given to Safi was completely uncalled for and uncivilized.

If what you say is really true then that's the height of immaturity of Imran Khan! WTF?! This guy wants to completely boycott a major news agency and insists those around him--even from other parties--do the same. How childish and ultimately self-defeating. Geo is not THAT bad. I have followed some of their programs lately and they are far better than the likes of M. Lucman.

Is there no one left in his party to tell him that talking to people through Geo can't hurt him--it can only help him?
For me, Geo's is actually THAT bad. Imran is an idiot and egoistic no doubt, but his Geo's boycott works fine with me. I also hate Luqman, a real moron, but there are better such as Talat and others. BTW Irshad Ahmed Arif also left Jang/Geo for good.

Dr Arif Alvi ke batin sun k andaza hota hay kay jhoot cover karna bhut mushkil hota hay :lol: All of these core members are trying to cover the bongi Imran Khan made on container by going against the decision of core committee. If Imran Khan really want the members to lie and cover his stupid mistakes then he should enroll people like Faisal Raza Abdi. :-)

Do you have any interview/video of Dr. Arif Alvi?
BTW, I saw a recent Talat Hussain show in which Talat is trying to hide his anger over the PTI people abusing him through FaceBook--Talat has named Dr. Alvi and his media team as directing the assaults against him (and possibly other people).

I used to admire IK's media team. How 21st century. Sophisticated. Quick. Little I realized then that there was a monster of intolerance and Fascism growing inside that suave propaganda machine..

For me, Geo's is actually THAT bad. Imran is an idiot and egoistic no doubt, but his Geo's boycott works fine with me. I also hate Luqman, a real moron, but there are better such as Talat and others. BTW Irshad Ahmed Arif also left Jang/Geo for good.

I am glad to read the bolded part :)

But, seriously, boycotting a major news outlet is self-defeating. Imran is allowing competing narratives to win by the childish boycott. Now, the more I think about what @orangzaib said about IK the more I am inclined to agree with him about IK's 'mental' state.

Last edited:
But, yes, Pakistan is destabilized and will go down the drain if the mob is able to topple the govt. There will be no end to such marches in future.

This, yes, this!

We, as a country, are not getting this. What is happening, is a definite trendsetter for the future. Democracies don't evolve like this, not overlooking the fact that demands made by Imran are genuine, but in all this, his biggest misgiving and disservice is the trend being set here for generations to follow, and unfortunately the way our politics is, this will be misused by pretty much any party which can manage a decent ground swell, which isn't too big a headache in our country. Today we have Imran managing, tomorrow, there won't be a Imran, but someone else, with different set of agendas, then the country will face the repercussions.

There should have been another way to it, well within the confines of the constitution, devoid of anarchy, and chaos, but alas, no such luck with us.

Every thing Imran stands for is par excellence, just the means of achieving it.

@Meengla
PTI just alive in social media, you could guess how many of them on social media instead of joining dharna!!!
sorry for off topic but if you have free time just check Pak Politics Forums before 2009, the topics was discussed with manners and respect, ptians introduce the most third class street language with harsh abusive words and gali galooch towards opponent party it's leaders and supporters. You can see a lot here also.

I see! Thanks
If there is no any foreign hand involved in this current crises is a postivd thing, but due to this crises many of our enemy states could wash their hand to get their interests.

Of course the world will notice these things--For Heaven's Sake we are literally washing our dirty laundry surrounded by the most powerful symbols of state and then letting the clothes to dry off on the walls of the Supreme Court of Pakistan! I am trying to control my language against these two clowns TuQ and Imran Khan!

@Meengla
PTI just alive in social media, you could guess how many of them on social media instead of joining dharna!!!
sorry for off topic but if you have free time just check Pak Politics Forums before 2009, the topics was discussed with manners and respect, ptians introduce the most third class street language with harsh abusive words and gali galooch towards opponent party it's leaders and supporters. You can see a lot here also.

Yes, I have been going to PKPolitics forum for past few weeks; I used to go there occasionally years ago but, you are right, the language used there is now is outright VULGAR! Is this the 'New Pakistan' we want? No amount of whitewashing with 'Junoon' can explain the downgrade in ethical behavior. Yesterday I saw a show in which PTI's Shafqat Mehmood (?) apologetically tried to explain Imran Khan's vulgar language by saying that 'You know when revolutionaries like Castro are out in public then there can be occasional slips of tongue'.

This, yes, this!
There should have been another way to it, well within the confines of the constitution, devoid of anarchy, and chaos, but alas, no such luck with us.

It's not 'luck'. It is by design. The ISPR release after the 30 December storming of the Parliament and PTV buildings was the give-away as to where the real powers be stood. There was no question of them being 'neutral': By law and constitution they were required to repel the mobs if requested by the Federal govt. But the statement of neutrality fueled the thuggery's dying cause. The mob should NEVER had been even allowed inside the Red Zone.

Trust me, had the govt. had the full backing of the powers be then this drama would not be still around. But such is Pakistan's lot that we have ex COAS accusing each other, we have our top nuclear scientist 'confessing' on tv, we have the President of our most hopeful party leaving the party at a crunch time, we have half of topmost judiciary backstabbing each other...

I am glad to read the bolded part :)
We human are always pleased by what we like to hear or see; pretty normal.

But, seriously, boycotting a major news outlet is self-defeating. Imran is allowing competing narratives to win by the childish boycott.
Geo is just one of over 10 major media outlets in Pakistan. Boycotting Geo does not mean that IK/PTI message is not reaching to the people.

Now, the more I think about what @orangzaib said about IK the more I am inclined to agree with him about IK's 'mental' state.
You are making the same mistake this guy makes, singling out and cursing IK for something or things pretty much common among all the politicians in Pakistan. IK is still a Pakistani, his party is still composed of the same Pakistanis which are present in other political parties. Socio-economic background and education may alter/polish one's appearance or outlook but not the very nature. Pakistanis are what they are irrespective of which political party they come from.

Good. Sensible demands. I too want at least electoral reforms to come out of the current drama. But my request to you to is to think through the violent actions against S. Safi which you have posted above. Your prescription given to Safi was completely uncalled for and uncivilized.
It is true. That's why Geo keeps showing those things doing commercials so people know the proof. Cuz some people don't believe till they see and very few don't believe even when they see.

Perhaps it was a bit cheesy for Geo to put empty seats, I agree. But it is not about just one show--PTI, upon insistence of Imran Khan, is boycotting a very large media group. That is immature, to say the least. And to tell you the truth, I used to hate the Mir Khaleel ur Rehman Group but I now give them more credit than before--they have some 'issues' but at least they don't stoop to the level of ARY's . Lucman. Even in this show S. Safi is supporting IK by saying that SS doesn't think IK could intentionally harm Pakistan; that's the mark of a great journalist who (and his mother!) have been subjected to the typical PTI anonymous venom.

Back to the topic: Both IK's cousin and the other guy--A PTI founding member (Akbar s Babar)--are really ripping Imran Khan apart! Wow! I thought they would be a little bit diplomatic but, no, they are not pulling any punches. AA Babar is willing to go to courts to prove financial mismanagement done by Imran Khan himself!

Geo is number 5-7 in rating, and like I said PPPP has already boycotting Geo for 3-4 years. why crying a river?

p.s.

I cannot see the video,so cannot comment much its been two years since PPPP banned Youtube in Pakistan, and PMLN continuing the great policy of keeping things the PPPP way.. and allegations on Imran Khan dont hold water because the poor chap has delivered on his promises and is not a billionaire since he got KP govt.

Last edited:
Because Geo asks for proof, which Taliban Khan can't provide.
i is anti pakistan channel as per defense ministery . It was banned for doing propoganda against army . why would he send his represented . That is proof enough that is it was punished a

i is anti pakistan channel as per defense ministery . It was banned for doing propoganda against army . why would he send his represented . That is proof enough that is it was punished a
who's defense ministry under? PMLn. yet you say pmln is paid by geo?

If it was banned for being anti army, why PAT reps go to geo? Or Sheikh Rashead? Or Hashmi?

Back
Top Bottom