What's new

Imran Khan to lead a national government under army direction

So you are looking for another puppet govt.? Then what will be the difference between this govt. and the imran khan govt.? Both are puppet govts. Only the mask will change, the puppeteer will remain the same (PA).

Another way to befool the common pakistani on the road. Not the ones over here, but the one who cannot type, the one who is illiterate, and the one who is not educated enough to think for himself and his country.

When will (if ever) you guys give up this escapist attitude? :angel:

Starting from your Alias which might go against the PDF rules i think you may change it.

Maybe you have miss understood the current situation. PPP isn't in charge or were backed up by the Army. They are more like U.S. puppets then PA. Seriously i would like to have a PA puppet goverment rather then only U.S. centric. The only thing we need now is a goverment able to cope with current disasters, internal and external security issues, Law & order situation and at last help Pakistan economy. No matter if they are backed by Army if they fullfill these goals then i would appreciate this goverment.

if true it will make me very happy.

I trust Imran Khan and as we know to get in power he must work with some one. I am glad he did not choose MQM or PML Q(atil).

And i am proud of Pakistan Army and ISI.

Starting from your Alias which might go against the PDF rules i think you may change it.

Maybe you have miss understood the current situation. PPP isn't in charge or were backed up by the Army. They are more like U.S. puppets then PA. Seriously i would like to have a PA puppet goverment rather then only U.S. centric. The only thing we need now is a goverment able to cope with current disasters, internal and external security issues, Law & order situation and at last help Pakistan economy. No matter if they are backed by Army if they fullfill these goals then i would appreciate this goverment.
Fair Enough then but don't you think it will be best for PA to just let things be as they are for the time being, wait for a few months for the flood situation to improve and then hold a truly free and fair elections. That will go a long way in winning the support of the common Pakistani. Moreover, that way the true will of pakistanis will also come to the fore and then they will have nothing left to complain about as it will be a govt. elected by them. Can the PA do that?

Looks like more and more ppl start supporting Imran Khan. Remeber he cant change Pakistan alone he need help from us youth.

ARY NEWS:

ISLAMABAD: After MQM chief Altaf Hussain’s statement regarding support for martial law-like steps, the chief of Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan said his faction would back military rule for ‘stability’ of the country, ARY NEWS reports.

Speaking ARY NEWS’ program ‘View on News’, hosted by Dr Shahid Masood, the PTI chief said the country is moving towards revolution and PTI will support it in every possible way.

He joined MQM chief’s chorus regarding support of Martial Law in the country, saying that “Tehrik-e-Insaf will back military rule in the country for the sake of stability.”

Khan, however, said the army should not come into power and grab authorities of a civil and democratic government.

He was of the view that 2008’s general elections in Pakistan held only to succeed US-led war against terrorism in the region.

On Sunday, Muttahida Qaumi Movement chief demanded to ‘patriotic generals to take action similar to martial law against corrupt politicians’, saying that a civilian set-up must be supported over a military rule.

Almost every ruling and opposition parties have opposed Hussain’s statement and expressed concern over it.

Federal Minister for Information and Broadcast Qamar Zaman Kaira denounced the statement, saying it is against Constitution and people’s will.

The chief of his own faction of Pakistan Muslim League, Mian Nawaz Sharif on Monday termed the statement as ‘map of Pakistan's destruction’.

Fair Enough then but don't you think it will be best for PA to just let things be as they are for the time being, wait for a few months for the flood situation to improve and then hold a truly free and fair elections. That will go a long way in winning the support of the common Pakistani. Moreover, that way the true will of pakistanis will also come to the fore and then they will have nothing left to complain about as it will be a govt. elected by them. Can the PA do that?

PA is not going to govern Pakistan. It's only your thought, they will just help to held a fair elections and give support to the new elected goverment to cope with the challenges which we are facing and obviously if there are mid-term elections, they will be held in the time when we will have a breath from coping up with this flood disasters.

Last thing change your Alias as it's not according to the forum rules neither it's according to the moral rules. Your Alias is the first thing which gives an impression of yourself and in your case....don't get me wrong but you aren't giving a good impression.:disagree:

Could you please quote the source of this claim?

As far as I know, he is very pro-India Pakistan friendship and the picture that has been circulated of him supposedly "vacationing" is way too old and he looks a lot younger, could be of those times when he used to play cricket!

Trying to find the link and the photo.....

This was a few years back....probably the earlier part of this decade where he was at the Godrej's mansion in Pune.....definitely post his entry into politics.....
It was featured in the front page of TOI.....

Trying to find the link and the photo.....

This was a few years back....probably the earlier part of this decade where he was at the Godrej's mansion in Pune.....definitely post his entry into politics.....
It was featured in the front page of TOI.....

I have seen that report and picture and it was widely conceived that the picture is at least 10-12 years old.

PA is not going to govern Pakistan. It's only your thought, they will just help to held a fair elections and give support to the new elected goverment to cope with the challenges which we are facing and obviously if there are mid-term elections, they will be held in the time when we will have a breath from coping up with this flood disasters.

Last thing change your Alias as it's not according to the forum rules neither it's according to the moral rules. Your Alias is the first thing which gives an impression of yourself and in your case....don't get me wrong but you aren't giving a good impression.:disagree:

I'm not very fussy about these things and will change my alias if required by forum rules (i write for a hobby and am not short of creative aliases) thanks for the advice :cheers: but abhi toh i'm only exploring various options since im a newbie.

Alright folks, can we get back to the topic?

Any more posts such as "Lulz neva gona hapen" and "Hahaz in ur dreamz" will not be tolerated. If you don't have anything to contribute then simply move along.

Altaf Hussain seem to be frustrated as the municipal election in Karachi and Hyderabad have been delayed and then postponed indefinitely by Sindh government on advice of PPP and ANP. Nevertheless, this outburst is good since it shows shallow democratic credential and emotional decision making of Altaf Hussain.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Floody politics: MQM casts seditious stone at ally
By Muhammad Akram

LAHORE: Irked by the inflow of flood-affected people from interior Sindh to the province’s urban centres, the challenges and retaliation by Pakhtuns – led by the ANP – and the disappointment in convincing the PPP for a bigger share from the local bodies are factors behind the MQM’s invitation to a ‘patriotic general’ of the Pakistan Army to intervene and deal with politicians in the way ‘notorious’ during martial laws.

As an ally of the PPP and ANP this outburst by MQM chief Altaf Hussain is the second major attempt to destabilise the current coalition government, the previous one being an ‘advice-cum-threat’ to the president to step down in the wake of the military establishment’s opposition to the Kerry-Lugar Act for the sake of democracy.

The current threat to the political dispensation, which attracts a sedition case under Article 6, appears to have come out of reports in the international media expressing apprehensions that the elected government is facing threats to its survival at the hands of power establishment in the wake of the massive floods and a ‘growing disenchantment’ and ‘failure of the administration’ to extend a befitting response.

The previous attempt by Altaf came after certain cosmetic changes brought to the Kerry-Lugar law, thanks to extensive diplomacy by the Obama administration. The matter between the PPP and MQM had been further resolved in numerous meetings held between Altaf and Interior Minister Rehman Malik.

Altaf’s current call for a military intervention on the pretext of ending corruption and dislodging the feudal system has received a big ‘no’ from all political forces, including the PML-N, which chooses to snub him than offer a sympathetic hearing. The PML-N had, in fact, ridiculed Altaf’s now-known habit of staying in power and playing the role of an opposition party.

The MQM had the best time getting rid of the feudal system and cleansing the society of corruption when it was a partner in the nine-year-long quasi-military government of Gen (r) Pervez Musharraf, opined PML-N Information Secretary Ahsan Iqbal.

The MQM was best advised by smaller political parties from Sindh asking it to first quit the government then see how it could call for a military intervention. The PPP, on the other hand, has decided not to respond to the MQM for now and focus on relief activities.

A PPP member from the Sindh cabinet told Daily Times the time to do politics would come after floodwaters submerge, and with it the politics being pursued by the political orphans will also end.

He said the PPP would not let anyone stop the people from interior Sindh to settle in the relief camps set up in Karachi and Hyderabad. “These are our cities built on our land,” he said and added, “We have belonged to this land for centuries, not those who only sought shelter here.”

Talking to Daily Times from Islamabad, a federal cabinet member from Sindh said, “There are no buyers for the MQM’s conspiracy theories, even in the military establishment.” Gone are the days when the MQM could blackmail a ruling political party or the other by using its card of being a party of the establishment, maintaining, “The PPP cannot be threatened by military intervention.”

Talking about the PPP’s future political relationship with the MQM, the minister said the party would like to continue with the MQM until it gets done with providing relief to the flood-hit people. The PPP has had enough of its ally in Sindh in this two-and-a-half-year relationship and a future course would be devised considering the role of its allies, he added.

According to political pundits, Altaf’s call for a military intervention is not a sudden outburst, but a well-thought out statement aimed at warding off a situation that could arise if flood victims choose to settle in the province’s urban centre for a period longer than being anticipated by the MQM.

The MQM, already facing a challenge from Karachi’s Pakhtuns, cannot afford to have a Sindh-Pakhtun duo deal with it politically as well as numerically, particularly as Karachi is already boiling from frequent target-killing incidents.

The political pundits say a lacklustre response from the MQM in flood-relief activities in interior Sindh, southern Punjab and Pakhtunkhwa, compared to those during the 2005 Kashmir quake, is an evidence that the party had already taken political measures to ward off the influx of flood-hit people in Karachi and Hyderabad.

The Sindh government, a political observer said, would not mind if the flood victims took shelter in the province’s two big cities for long and would encourage them to settle permanently. With the party in government, the observer added, it will be easy for the PPP to get them enrolled in voters’ list before the pending local bodies elections to be held later this year or early next year.

According to political observers, it would be interesting to see how the independent judiciary reacts to this statement by a leader whose party was duly blamed for the May 2007 bloodbath in Karachi when CJP Iftikhar Chaudhry – then sacked by the MQM’s favourite military dictator, Musharraf – had gone there to address the Karachi Bar Association. The observers said though there is no point that the judiciary should react to the statement, it would be a test case at a time when its claims to be a protector of democracy in the country.

Alright folks, can we get back to the topic?

Any more posts such as "Lulz neva gona hapen" and "Hahaz in ur dreamz" will not be tolerated. If you don't have anything to contribute then simply move along.

My apologies sir, taking your queue i would like to add my two cents. This is just another fantasy, i don't think such a scenario would be functional in Pakistan, furthermore such an act would be considered rather provocative and would not only raise doubts on our future stability but knowing IKs views on our war on terrorism and his comments and alliances thus far this would be very odd for the military considering he is been very vocal against the army.

Furthermore i don't think IK has what it takes to be the leader we need at this point in time, even his party is a party of one. We need team players and not 1 man shows.

ohhh STFU! You indians would love to see Pakistan have worst then a donkey president Zardari! And just he was elected or not does not make him a better president then a dictator of any form.
ImranKhan + Army is the best option pakistan has got. Every educated pakistan is behind them, only few ***** awam vote politicians like zardari.

NICE Retort .... i guess my keyboard has s+t+f+u keys as well....
anywayz if u guys feel this is the best policy of having a the PA control power with a facade of a government to the west happy... great ...

but seriously guys u'll are running out of options .....

:coffee:

My apologies sir, taking your queue i would like to add my two cents. This is just another fantasy, i don't think such a scenario would be functional in Pakistan, furthermore such an act would be considered rather provocative and would not only raise doubts on our future stability but knowing IKs views on our war on terrorism and his comments and alliances thus far this would be very odd for the military considering he is been very vocal against the army.

Furthermore i don't think IK has what it takes to be the leader we need at this point in time, even his party is a party of one. We need team players and not 1 man shows.

I agree with your "Party of one" comment. Imran Khan's always been the spotlight when representing PTI. Frankly, I don't really know any other prominent figures from his party.

But to say that he's not the right person to lead this nation raises another question;

Who will? The people of Pakistan sure as hell don't want anyone from the current political setup. Imran's a weak politician but I can assure you that if the Military and Intelligence takes him under their wing, he might come out shinning. ;)

^^ @syntax_error: Huh? What is that supposed to mean? Running out of options? There are a dozen configurations that may be viable.

Also, if you see an overwhelming support within Pakistan for the Army, then does that not make the Army the democratically elected choice?

Back
Top Bottom