What's new

Imran Khan supports Hamid Mir despite his blame on ISI

--
in india.. we also have/had same problem
fortunately our institution are very strong liek SC, EC, CAG , Army to name a few..
but stil we choose not from best.. but
bad/ worst/horrible
--
in india.. we also have/had same problem
fortunately our institution are very strong liek SC, EC, CAG , Army to name a few..
but stil we choose not from best.. but
bad/ worst/horrible
now horrible is taken out by Supreme coutre by ordering out criminal from politics
now bad and worst lef with some few good

now horrible is taken out by Supreme coutre by ordering out criminal from politics
now bad and worst lef with some few good
We are not in the same boat, but in the same type of boats......western brand of capitalism.

Once a bastard, always a bastad---put him on the same hit list as NS,Altaf,zardari,hamid Mir, najam sethi...
Why did you shy away from saying....Gew/Jang ?

We are not in the same boat, but in the same type of boats......western brand of capitalism.
--
yes may be..
capitalist rule the world..
but we can put our house in order.. to decide priorities for nation
even in capitalist world Communist china become capitalist..
its people and system /institution make nation
india for few yr almost run by judiciary - SC
each and every imp decision taken by them and not by executive govt..
that why india prevails...one of its pillars always stand for Constitution of india when other show weakness.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan has condemned the attack on Hamid Mir in strong words, media reported.

He said that PTI is completely in favor of freedom of media and ridiculed the idea of banning any channel.

Imran Khan was talking to media after PTI’s core committee meeting on Thursday night.

He said that it is sad government is unable to arrest the criminals responsible for attacking media personnel.

He also added that government’s failure to provide security to journalists have led to more targeted attacks on journalists.

PTI’s core committee members supported media’s efforts for freedom of speech.

The committee also criticized Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) for not playing its fair and unbiased role.

It should be kept in mind that Hamid Mir has issued a formal statement on Thursday and he has maintained his stance that ISI is responsible for attack on him.

Imran Khan supports Hamid Mir despite his blame on ISI | The News Tribe

AB BURGER BACHAY KAHA JAYENGE !! :)

Talking about free media is a different thing and supporting all type of anti national elements is different. A stupid always a stupid and I'm not surprised of his new stupidity.

how convinnently he missout he things he said in support of ISI ..... typical dumb noora

it is unfortunate to see the targeting of the country's premier intelligence agency and the military, and being subject to willful public accusations without any substantiation and proof.
Other senior journalists have been targeted and innocent people have lost their lives but their media houses have not indulged in a concerted campaign in which the military and intelligence agencies are vilified. Such behaviour only plays into the hands of our enemies at a time when we are confronting an acute security situation on our Western border and internally, and in which thousands of brave soldiers have laid down their lives in the service of the country.

You want Army to come again? How many times Army has to come and clean the mess while also creating some mess of their own. Pakistan isn't going anywhere.
the last & final time, army has to come for a longer period, & has to bring the change, pakistan allways got the flying starts under army wings while these politicians all ways brougjt us, down because of the lust & greed of power & money?

Please don't confuse the two separate issues... 1.attack on Hamid Mir is separate from what Geo TV did afterwards, As humans we should have decency to condemn attack on a journalist (I hate HM but at the end he is a journalist,he cannot defend himself with guns and weapons, he's got his camera and pen to do propaganda with ...he should be responded to with camera and pen only) ...what Geo TV did was to malign a state institution doing a tremendous job under very difficult times /cirumstances and therefore GEO TV should be made an example of (with punishment) .
I agree with IK.

Please don't confuse the two separate issues... 1.attack on Hamid Mir is separate from what Geo TV did afterwards, As humans we should have decency to condemn attack on a journalist (I hate HM but at the end he is a journalist,he cannot defend himself with guns and weapons, he's got his camera and pen to do propaganda with ...he should be responded to with camera and pen only) ...what Geo TV did was to malign a state institution doing a tremendous job under very difficult times /cirumstances and therefore GEO TV should be made an example of (with punishment) .
I agree with IK.

What Geo did was reporting on the story, including the accusations made by the victim. It was doing its job of reporting, nothing else.

The best line of the whole statement!

over all presser is a great stance. however, I feel that alittle more leniency should be towards state institutions. this is not done despite Geo doing day and night anti-PTI propaganda all along, just like they used to do against PPP, heck PPP boycotted Geo.

What Geo did was reporting on the story, including the accusations made by the victim. It was doing its job of reporting, nothing else.

8 hours of non stop reporting? maligning DG ISI and not giving any space to other opinions... this is not mere reporting, Hamid Mir statement came days later, infact yesterday.

over all presser is a great stance. however, I feel that alittle more leniency should be towards state institutions. this is not done despite Geo doing day and night anti-PTI propaganda all along, just like they used to do against PPP, heck PPP boycotted Geo.

8 hours of non stop reporting? maligning DG ISI and not giving any space to other opinions... this is not mere reporting, Hamid Mir statement came days later, infact yesterday.

It was a major news story about a news anchor having been shot multiple times. Indeed, coverage has been international, and attempts by ISI to shut Geo down only make it look more and more guilty.

It was a major news story about a news anchor having been shot multiple times. Indeed, coverage has been international, and attempts by ISI to shut Geo down only make it look more and more guilty.

A major news, but again, non stop propaganda and no space to object reporting? and ofcourse Geo should not be banned but they must mend their ways, this is no way to malign nonstop security agencies..

I also remember how Hillary Clinton reigned Geo and others over kerry-lugar bill when America wanted to channel $$ army's coalition fund through government.. at that time Geo played Army's lapdog role.

A major news, but again, non stop propaganda and no space to object reporting? and ofcourse Geo should not be banned but they must mend their ways, this is no way to malign nonstop security agencies..

I also remember how Hillary Clinton reigned Geo and others over kerry-lugar bill when America wanted to channel $$ army's coalition fund through government.. at that time Geo played Army's lapdog role.

The important thing here is whether Geo invited comments and/or participation from ISPR to offer them the opportunity to present their side of things, including denial of the victim's accusations, during coverage of the story..

The important thing here is whether Geo invited comments and/or participation from ISPR to offer them the opportunity to present their side of things, including denial of the victim's accusations, during coverage of the story..

Yes, but apparently they didn't. I am all for freedom of speech but there should be balance.. even know things need to be defused as we agreed earlier on it.. and focus on real issues, thar/cholistan, shortage of food, economy etc

Yes, but apparently they didn't. I am all for freedom of speech but there should be balance.. even know things need to be defused as we agreed earlier on it.. and focus on real issues, thar/cholistan, shortage of food, economy etc

That will be an important point. Was ISPR not invited, or did ISPR not respond?

Back
Top Bottom