What's new

Imran Khan lost donation money in real estate gambling

I am not talking about can you invest it or not??? I am taliking about investing it in questionable areas

But i can start a debate on the answer of mufti shb if some one want to :P
When on earth Property became a questionable you guys are so scared of Imran that to hurt him you are ready to even attack religion that is your problem

When on earth Property became a questionable you guys are so scared of Imran that to hurt him you are ready to even attack religion that is your problem

Investing money in those place on earth become questionable where all sorts of Black Money dealings are done

Investing money in those place on earth become questionable where all sorts of Black Money dealings are done
Sir Black money is in whole world and why on earth some will invest black money and show it in his audit report WOW use brain man before talking crap Dubai has lot of investments

Sir Black money is in whole world and why on earth some will invest black money and show it in his audit report WOW use brain man before talking crap Dubai has lot of investments

Black money is in whole world but the Islands on which skmh money is invested are one of SAFE HAVENS of black money dealer

Black money is in whole world but the Islands on which skmh money is invested are one of SAFE HAVENS of black money dealer

A lot of respectable financial institutes operate from offshore banking island. Faysal Bank HO is registred in Cayman Island I believe. This is done primarily to avoid taxes conflict with local laws. The offshore investment firm in question also has a office in Jeddah and Dubai.

A lot of respectable financial institutes operate from offshore banking island. Faysal Bank HO is registred in Cayman Island I believe. This is done primarily to avoid taxes conflict with local laws. The offshore investment firm in question also has a office in Jeddah and Dubai.

Exactly!!! This is done to avoid taxes

What kind of tax a charity hospital want to avoid????

And why you are not getting my point??? All i am asking is that skmh should tell donors that their money may be used to invest! By not telling donors about it they are lying!!!!

It's on the dang website!!!!

They have openly shown it to the world!!! It is nothing hidden.

PMl took 2 years to see this? Why not do it before if this was really on principle. Wait, PTI was not a big force back then!

Spectatcular backfire, that's why Chaudhary 'thei wig man' Nisar had to to a damage containing press conference yesterday.

BTW, doesn't somebody else think the title is grossly misleading?

IK has no relation to the endowment fund and economic policy, and he did not siphon off the money for himself, it was an investment by the hospital, for the hospital. Not gambling or money laundering.

It's on the dang website!!!!

They have openly shown it to the world!!! It is nothing hidden.

PMl took 2 years to see this? Why not do it before if this was really on principle. Wait, PTI was not a big force back then!

Spectatcular backfire, that's why Chaudhary 'thei wig man' Nisar had to to a damage containing press conference yesterday.

Its not on the donation page ( i posted the link )

Well its not from Pmln, so answer his questions rather than attacking Pmln

Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital (SKMH) is one of the jewels of Pakistan. It is a story of not just one man but a nation that joined hands to prove what was once unthinkable. Cancer treatment is out of the reach of many even in industrialized nations so thinking about such facility in a 3rd world country was nothing less than a fool’s dream.

A whole new generation has grown up listening about the success story behind the hospital. I was in 8th grade and still cherish those moments when I first saw my hero Imran Khan coming to my school for fund-raising. It is only natural that people have sentiments and emotions attached to the institute and therefore greater expectations.

Khawaja Asif’s press conference wrecked havoc and media as always added as much fuel as possible (one wonders if this has caused fuel shortage in the country). I found the conference arranged in haste and later as expected the whole issue turned ugly.

First, here are the objections that I don’t agree to:

Even if Shaukat Khanum channeled money from Pakistan to invest abroad what’s wrong with this? Any institute tries to protect its assets and frankly if I wouldn’t invest my own money in Pakistan why should I do the same with the donations?

Secondly, whether the money was given for Zakaat or endowment fund is an issue of no importance either. Again the institution has every right to ensure maximum gains out of the available resources anyway they deem necessary.

Thirdly - the investment tanked by 60%. Once again not an issue at all. Even no God has ever offered 100% profit guarantee under all circumstances.

But then there have been some genuine questions raised and after watching allegations and response from both sides I must say that few are still unanswered and these are serious ones.

1. No endowment fund anywhere in the world is invested in offshore company as ut-most care is taken to avoid any controversy.

2. Under any circumstances, funds of an institute are never invested in a company owned by the trustee (current or not) himself.

3. Such investments are always made secure through an insurance/ guarantee usually from a bank or another reputable institute.

Unfortunately Shaukat Khanum’s head, Dr Faisal Sultan, accepted doing all this by denouncing objection on the actions as ”difference of opinion”. Sorry sir, but there is a thin line between “difference of opinion” and “right & wrong” and your team actually crossed it.

I am not going to draw any conclusion here. Though calling it “corruption” will be a politically correct term; but let it be a “serious lapse of negligence” for now. Under any circumstances this whole “process” of investment is something that no law or moral in the world can justify. No one invests even a penny like this.

If watching Khawaja Asif’s press conference was not a pleasure, watching Imran Khan defending all this was more painful (here). What one expects from a man of his stature is to help resolve this issue which is not that complicated. Instead he opted to defend it by calling it an attack on the hospital and at times looked clueless by stating that he had nothing to do with this.

Sorry, but both answers are not acceptable. Welfare schemes cannot offer immunity from accountability just because the process may hurt the good work; and if Imran Khan has taken the due credit, of making SKMH a reality with public funding, he has to take responsibility for something wrong as well.

It may very well be a conspiracy against Imran Khan’s political career but for now, after all these questions are still unanswered, it is no more.

He should accept the serious lapse that has shaken the confidence of even those who respect him despite political differences and have been donating money all years long. Investing approx 600 million rupees in an unknown business owned by a present or a past member cannot be approved and appreciated by anyone. There is something wrong somewhere.

The head of SKMH should resign immediately and apologize for his negligence and the hospital should carry out an open investigation. Defending the actions mean that this whole exercise may take place again; now this is criminal and dangerous and will be more unfortunate & shameful than anything that has happened so far.

Let me ask this: “if similar questions were raised about Edhi foundation what would be Imran Khan’s response”?

Transparency is the only solution. Bringing everything to the light will only help SKMH in it’s cause. And of course kind of respect that Imran Khan would earn as a result will be an icing on the cake for his followers, fans and well wishers. Otherwise, any other option will justify the same rhetoric that he uses against his opponents.

SKMH is a national asset. It was made possible by the collective efforts led by a cricketing legend but it is not ”owned” by anyone. Let it be this way. Let it be hope to all Pakistanis that nothing is impossible. It treats cancer patients equally, let it deal with the biggest cancer of our country the same way.

Shaukat Khanum Hospital – Sanity At All Costs, Please! | Minto Park - A new Pakistani blog

The only question mark in this whole thing is about the guarantee.

Was it a bank guarantee or something other. if that is explained by SKMH then all is well.

Imtiaz Haideri has been explained as a reputed businessman who was a member long time ago. He was deemed as trustworthy so that is why he was involved and not someone else.

Previously SKMH was the success story of IK only, now it become nation's success.

Previously SKMH was used to gather votes (Politics), now when same has been used to remove votes it's been objected (Politics).

Previously It was OK to give Zakat and other forms of donations for Cancer Patients, and credit was given for best governed institute, now when Zakat and other forms of Islamic Donations have been objected due to same money has been used for another business, it's becoming mess

Any how, I have just one suggestion for all, Don't used it for politics if you are using it, then you should expect anything..

talat-03-Aug-580x877.jpg

PMLN after nearly getting bashed by everyone....

thanks to Allah no damage done infact inevitably more respect and honour being raised not only for SKMH but for Imran Khan as well...

no wonder the weaker the character of the opponent the easier to defeat, money doesnot buy you respect Nawaz !!

P.S. Yesterday SKMH raised about 25 million Rs from dinner in Islamabad, in previous year it was 18 million...

All praise be to Allah, the one who gives respect to those who show grace !!

So, what the latest on this now?

After the Ch Nisar face saving press conference yesterday, any reply by SKMH?

The most absurd claim, well two most, are that this investment would then be used by PTI and this is money laundering.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom