What's new

‘Imran Khan is crushing the poor’: anger rises as inflation grips Pakistan

Screenshot_20211111-164705_Twitter.jpg

All drones attacks happened in PTI tenure zero in my leaders bhuttto and nawaz sharif era

‘Imran Khan is crushing the poor’: anger rises as inflation grips Pakistan
Shah Meer Baloch in Islamabad
Tue 9 Nov 2021 11.02 GMT
On Friday night, 27-year-old Asadullah, who sold old shoes on a cart, set himself on fire in the Pakistani city of Karachi.
Ghani, a relative, blamed the state of an economy where rampant inflation is hitting those least able to cope. In comments to local media, he said Asadullah used to get calls from his wife and parents asking him for money, but he could not afford to pay the rent and meet his own expenses and sending money back home was no longer possible.
“We can’t run our homes, that’s why Asadullah committed suicide,” Ghani said. “I know five more people who are fed up with inflation and want to end their lives because of skyrocketing prices. The government should have mercy and decrease the inflation.”
An economic meltdown is putting the Pakistani prime minister, Imran Khan, under immense pressure and bringing the threat of unrest as record inflation – the fourth highest in the world – pushes the price of sugar higher than petrol.
Before coming to power, Khan had vowed to root out corruption and lift people out of poverty as he promised a new and prosperous Pakistan with the creation of 10m jobs. Instead, after a visit to Saudi Arabia last month, he announced $3bn in financial support from Riyadh.
In an address to the nation last week, Khan blamed the opposition for past mistakes and inflation in the international market for the miseries of the people in Pakistan. He also announced a 120bn-rupee relief package providing subsidies on essential food items.
Khurram Hussain, an economic analyst, said it was not enough. “The package is a drop in the ocean and will do little to help the mass of ordinary people. The pressure on Imran Khan will continue to mount because we have seen further price hikes, such as of fuel and sugar, after the announcement of the package.”
He said inflation was imposing a crushing burden on ordinary people because it comes at a time of high unemployment and stagnant wages. Prices of some essential items, such as fuel and electricity, are unprecedentedly high.
The Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM), an opposition alliance, has announced a campaign against the government of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and the inflation rates the country is witnessing. A long march against inflation was also announced as a part of the campaign from Lahore to Islamabad.
It says ordinary people of the country will struggle to afford basic necessities if prices do not come down.
Two weeks ago, Mohammed Ghufran, 47, a shopkeeper in Mardan, Pakistan’s north-western province, was arrested after he went to a mosque and prayed for cursing the prime minister. Ghufran said he had seen a fall in the number of customers as prices went up. He talked about inflation to daily wage workers, who told him that they could not afford to buy food for their families.
“I rushed to a mosque and announced to the speakers that we should curse Imran Khan,” he told the Guardian. “The prime minister promised a new (Naya) Pakistan and that it would be a welfare state for ordinary people but he has done the opposite. He is crushing the poor.”
Ghufran said he regretted voting for Khan and “everyone I know who voted for him and believed in him” regretted it, too. “People in my neighbourhood supported my calls against Imran Khan after I was released in two days. We believe Imran khan should resign if he can’t control the prices of essential commodities.”
Three years ago, a sack of sugar (50kg) cost about 3,000 rupees (£13) but now it is more than 7,000 rupees (£30). “As he lied to us, I pray God would ask him,” he said.
A government employee, asking to remain anonymous, told the Guardian that the prices of necessary commodities had increased with little increase in income.
The government has failed to control inflation,” he said. “I could run my kitchen for 60,000 rupees (£261) three years ago and now I can’t do it for 90,000 rupees (£393).”

@blueazure @muhammadhafeezmalik @POPEYE-Sailor @Patriot forever @ziaulislam

yes .. while the west is saving the poor like Nawj...
This is a excellent example that how imran khan is comparing with other nations without being realistic.... And making fool to own people...

stupid analysis from you as usual

in 3 decades , pindi boys , with help of,, s- section/desk of aabpara boys, they eat 40 billion $$$$$$$$$.......that america, gave in help;to fight, terrorists,? hahahah ,

see where the real corruption is.............!

zardari and nawaz were selected , like orphan,s in, pindi boys ashram,,

all the fucking elections have been just a circus, for pakistani 220 million clowns ,

if ur vote realy had power to change,
do you think,
baaz-wala would allow that,

Clearly, it is a system that works very well for those who control it, and delivers exactly the results that is is designed to achieve.

There is no hoarding in free market

Right. Does that make Pakistan a free market or not? :D
bhai IK promised he is going to eliminate poverty ... na rahain gai poor na rahay gi poverty khatam baat! you guys only want to criticize IK bilawaja

Eliminate poverty by eliminating the poor. Sounds like a plan.

Right. Does that make Pakistan a free market or not? :D
Pakistan is a market economy that has many hoarding mafias such as Sugar, Wheat etc. If electricity could be hoarded, we would have electricity mafia as well. Unfortunately it's not possible to hoard electricity as it must be consumed while being produced 😂
@ziaulislam @Patriot forever

Pakistan is a market economy that has many hoarding mafias such as Sugar, Wheat etc. If electricity could be hoarded, we would have electricity mafia as well. Unfortunately it's not possible to hoard electricity as it must be consumed while being produced 😂
Hoarding happens because of lack of regulator
Also govt restricions on imports and exports

If pakistan stop all regulations or do right regulations things will work up

If wr stop all regulation all of our sugar and wheat will first get exported at good prices(our sugar is sugar cane based which is used for alcohol production vs rest of workd inferior sugar beet) and then you may need to import cheaper sugar beat/wheat

If govt cant do regualtion and hold mafia accountable then it should undo allr estrictions atleast farmers wi ebenfit

Inflation is all time high in entire world. In USA it's 30 year high. Same is in UK and other countries. In every country prices of basic commodities are sky rocketing .

U.S. Inflation Hit 31-Year High in October as Consumer Prices Jump 6.2% - WSJ\
UK faces slow growth, high inflation after pandemic and Brexit - NIESR | Reuters
When USA printed dollars the net result was higher inflation..JPowell said no it is commodity/supply chain issue but lets face it..its the 10trillion dollars they printed

Now when daddy has inflation rest of the world will have it too...its a given so rest of the world followed

So whats imran khan fault?
See this picture, him telling to trump to print notes in pandemic..tells him to print "this" much.

images (6).jpeg

Trump even said no more...
images (5).jpeg

@Norwegian

Why don't you let me know when the pulpit was used to curse and agitate? I don't have time travel coupons.

Many mosques in Pakistan accommodate men and women gatherings. Not every which is down to practicality. State of Pakistan still advocates for central mosques in communities which offer community centre support.

No one needs to go full retard for a simple mistake of populism. Apart from Naraz Sharif no one asks real questions, why was he ousted if nothing could be changed.

Go back in history and there used to be meetings and discussions and gatherings in masjids, heck even non Muslims used to meet muslims in masjids, even women used to go to masjids. But actually that was real Islam and nowadays its mullah islam, who bars all these things
Two weeks ago, Mohammed Ghufran, 47, a shopkeeper in Mardan, Pakistan’s north-western province, was arrested after he went to a mosque and prayed for cursing the prime minister.

The sky is falling a poor man in Pakistan committed suicide (we don't know the reason why he did this) before IK came to power in Pakistan every poor man and woman were guaranteed, Roti Kapra and Makan, not a single suicide took place in those times. All Pakistan Money was transferred to English banks oops, I mean previous leaders were great for England and invested heavily in the English economy which generated billions for the Pakistani poor welfare...

The Guardian forget to pay attention to small scale power producers in England have gone bankrupt because of rising fule prices or its own headline:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/sep/01/male-suicide-rate-england-wales-covid-19
Male suicide rate hits two-decade high in England and Wales
Rate of 16.9 deaths per 100,000 in 2019 was highest since 2000, ONS data shows

oops, people just pay attention to Pakistan don't worry about whats going on in developed economies or around the world...

LOL. In other words, Pakistan is NOT a market economy. :D

LOL. In other words, Pakistan is NOT a market economy. :D
It's a market economy. Hoarding is artificial. If it's dealt with, all prices will stabilize. Problem is hoarding mafias are sitting in Parliament

It's a market economy. Hoarding is artificial. If it's dealt with, all prices will stabilize. Problem is hoarding mafias are sitting in Parliament

I hope you do realize that many of the spam images you frequently post apply equally to your approach as well. I will say no more here. :D

I hope you do realize that many of the spam images you frequently post apply equally to your approach as well. I will say no more here. :D
Controlled economy is where govt set prices and they can't move up or down. In Pakistan's case whatever prices govt set are never implemented and they keep moving up or down depending on supply / demand = market forces. Hence Pakistan is a market economy. Govt setting prices is just a smoke screen

Back
Top Bottom