What's new

‘Imran Khan is crushing the poor’: anger rises as inflation grips Pakistan

Petrol 146rs/liter
Ji tando Allah yar mein ugta hy na petrol
Oil ka 85 tak pohanchney ka is sey koi taluk nahi
Increase export
People can't afford anything. Elite class enjoying Pakistan.
So you think the alternate of busting through reserves for few months of joy is a better option? Inflation is a global thing we will have to endure it
The aim should be to not fall behind on exports and import substitution rest are just temporary global shocks

Na bhai yahaan par sirf sarsoon ka aur sandhay ka teil nikalta hy
Ab is sey jo karna hy karlo

What a disappointment! :D

I guess everyone has to pay the high gasoline prices then. No choice. For anyone.

Ji tando Allah yar mein ugta hy na petrol
Oil ka 85 tak pohanchney ka is sey koi taluk nahi

So you think the alternate of busting through reserves for few months of joy is a better option? Inflation is a global thing we will have to endure it
The aim should be to not fall behind on exports and import substitution rest are just temporary global shocks
i don't agree with this drama of inflation a global phenomenon. How long will you guys continue to support PTI? Prices of commodities touch the sky. I can agree with you on petrol but other things like beef, chicken, milk, i mean they are unreasonable prices. Chapati 15 rs. kindly look at the average salary as well. it's pathetic. I know people love imran khan. i also used to love him but he is all talk, no action.

If it's not market economy, how come inflation comes from demand / supply disruptions in Pakistan?
Its not a free market

A market economy is where market is free

Here the sugar barons will crush the people by temporary stock and selling simulataneously baning imports or exports

Similarlt govt will crush wheat growers by imposing bans on exports or fixing a price that is TOO low

In market economy the govt only looks at anticompetitive actions, let the market decide the price thus allowing more production and growth
i don't agree with this drama of inflation a global phenomenon. How long will you guys continue to support PTI? Prices of commodities touch the sky. I can agree with you on petrol but other things like beef, chicken, milk, i mean they are unreasonable prices. Chapati 15 rs. kindly look at the average salary as well. it's pathetic. I know people love imran khan. i also used to love him but he is all talk, no action.
I dont either

Paksistan inflation is due to devaluation and lack of productivity..

The only quick ffix is what PMLN did..i.e let imports to flood the country..which in turn will lead to CAD crisis and a second run of devalution

Rupee devalued by 70% yet people dont expect 70 inflation is what surprises me

Having said that on top of this you have a global infation which is only getting worse

So pakistanis shoild vote for nawaz group that will hopefully open import doors leading to everything imported

Food inflation is because farmers are being constantly screwee in innovative ways by the govt while people in cities arent

This is encouraging people to simply not grow
Anything ..people have moved to sugarcane a highly ineffecient crop away from cotton

Last edited:
If you dont agree with It doesn't make it untrue as for other things some vary with season (chicken ) but overall prices will rise as time goes by as Pakistan also has rural producers who make these things and need to make their money back

Not everything has to revolve around the urban consumer class
What a disappointment! :D

I guess everyone has to pay the high gasoline prices then. No choice. For anyone.
If lets go Brandon kick starts shale oil again like Trump maybe the world could breath easy again but that would mean defying his party progressive group

If you dont agree with It doesn't make it untrue as for other things some vary with season (chicken ) but overall prices will rise as time goes by as Pakistan also has rural producers who make these things and need to make their money back

Not everything has to revolve around the urban consumer class

If lets go Brandon kick starts shale oil again like Trump maybe the world could breath easy again but that would mean defying his party progressive group
Reality is trump and biden printed 10 trillion dollars causing USA inflation..that has to lead to global inflation as everything moves with USA
The other theory is this temporary due to commodity situation and supply chain and we are looking at deflation next..

But doubt it...

Imagine if this comes out true and we see deflation in 2023-2028

If its IK govt they will say wah wah
If its maryum nawaz we will all say IK incompetence

Same way oil prices is IK incompetence and nawaz sharif kamal

Reality is trump and biden printed 10 trillion dollars causing USA inflation..that has to lead to global inflation as everything moves with USA
The other theory is this temporary due to commodity situation and supply chain and we are looking at deflation next..

But doubt it...

Imagine if this comes out true and we see deflation in 2023-2028

If its IK govt they will say wah wah
If its maryum nawaz we will all say IK incompetence

Same way oil prices is IK incompetence and nawaz sharif kamal
Rise in oil prices is also partially caused by democrats sabotaging oil projects be it in the form of shale or pipelines from Canada

You mean to say that petrol prices don't affect the supply chain?
I knew logistics and supply chain aren't a Pakistani forte but this is a new low.

1636693091735.png

You mean to say that petrol prices don't affect the supply chain?
I knew logistics and supply chain aren't a Pakistani forte but this is a new low.

It is not just petrol prices; all energy inputs affect the price of just about everything.

‘Imran Khan is crushing the poor’: anger rises as inflation grips Pakistan
Shah Meer Baloch in Islamabad
Tue 9 Nov 2021 11.02 GMT
On Friday night, 27-year-old Asadullah, who sold old shoes on a cart, set himself on fire in the Pakistani city of Karachi.
Ghani, a relative, blamed the state of an economy where rampant inflation is hitting those least able to cope. In comments to local media, he said Asadullah used to get calls from his wife and parents asking him for money, but he could not afford to pay the rent and meet his own expenses and sending money back home was no longer possible.
“We can’t run our homes, that’s why Asadullah committed suicide,” Ghani said. “I know five more people who are fed up with inflation and want to end their lives because of skyrocketing prices. The government should have mercy and decrease the inflation.”
An economic meltdown is putting the Pakistani prime minister, Imran Khan, under immense pressure and bringing the threat of unrest as record inflation – the fourth highest in the world – pushes the price of sugar higher than petrol.
Before coming to power, Khan had vowed to root out corruption and lift people out of poverty as he promised a new and prosperous Pakistan with the creation of 10m jobs. Instead, after a visit to Saudi Arabia last month, he announced $3bn in financial support from Riyadh.
In an address to the nation last week, Khan blamed the opposition for past mistakes and inflation in the international market for the miseries of the people in Pakistan. He also announced a 120bn-rupee relief package providing subsidies on essential food items.
Khurram Hussain, an economic analyst, said it was not enough. “The package is a drop in the ocean and will do little to help the mass of ordinary people. The pressure on Imran Khan will continue to mount because we have seen further price hikes, such as of fuel and sugar, after the announcement of the package.”
He said inflation was imposing a crushing burden on ordinary people because it comes at a time of high unemployment and stagnant wages. Prices of some essential items, such as fuel and electricity, are unprecedentedly high.
The Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM), an opposition alliance, has announced a campaign against the government of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and the inflation rates the country is witnessing. A long march against inflation was also announced as a part of the campaign from Lahore to Islamabad.
It says ordinary people of the country will struggle to afford basic necessities if prices do not come down.
Two weeks ago, Mohammed Ghufran, 47, a shopkeeper in Mardan, Pakistan’s north-western province, was arrested after he went to a mosque and prayed for cursing the prime minister. Ghufran said he had seen a fall in the number of customers as prices went up. He talked about inflation to daily wage workers, who told him that they could not afford to buy food for their families.
“I rushed to a mosque and announced to the speakers that we should curse Imran Khan,” he told the Guardian. “The prime minister promised a new (Naya) Pakistan and that it would be a welfare state for ordinary people but he has done the opposite. He is crushing the poor.”
Ghufran said he regretted voting for Khan and “everyone I know who voted for him and believed in him” regretted it, too. “People in my neighbourhood supported my calls against Imran Khan after I was released in two days. We believe Imran khan should resign if he can’t control the prices of essential commodities.”
Three years ago, a sack of sugar (50kg) cost about 3,000 rupees (£13) but now it is more than 7,000 rupees (£30). “As he lied to us, I pray God would ask him,” he said.
A government employee, asking to remain anonymous, told the Guardian that the prices of necessary commodities had increased with little increase in income.
The government has failed to control inflation,” he said. “I could run my kitchen for 60,000 rupees (£261) three years ago and now I can’t do it for 90,000 rupees (£393).”

@blueazure @muhammadhafeezmalik @POPEYE-Sailor @Patriot forever @ziaulislam
Wish Guardian raise the voice against corruption money paradise named UK.

Back
Top Bottom