What's new

Imran Khan: If elected, we’ll create an Islamic welfare state

Imran Khan can control corruption the only thing if can do make a lot of difference that is get some big guns and get them tried and punished for their ultimate corruption they have done and than make a truth and reconciliation commission and clearly say that people should return black money or they will be hanged

Why do we have to keep on providing justifications to these Bharatis on Pakistan's internal matters/politics?

This is a public forum and is open for all.Every one has right to question here and if you dont like to answer then jog on instead of ranting.

He shouldnt allow women to run around wearing normal clothes. He should make them wear TENTS! -er I mean burkas

Hazaron khwahishen aisi k har khwaish pe dam nikle.
There's no harm in dreaming. Would be a miracle if PTI scores over 10 seats in next elections, let alone ''sweep'' the elections.
Who's gonna pay taxes in this Banana Republic? And taxes is pretty much all he's relying on.

OP do you even know what he meant by an Islamic welfare state?

what opinion polls are saying about upcoming election? what are his chances to win?

IMO he meant Islamic concepts of welfare. He even went on to give the examples - Free education, free healthcare and free justice regardless of race and religion. Why Islamic? Islam teaches us to help the little man, and hence welfare.

That is how I saw it and believe it to be true. To use Imran's own argument, there is a concept of well-left in cricket, so at this juncture it is imperative that he doesn't confuse his voters with non-issues.

PTI's vision gives you enough confidence that whatever he'll do, it won't be inhumane or unjust.

Just before anyone focuses on the word "Islamic" one day before he was asked if he would allow women to wear what they want...

"PTI aurton ke kapron pe interfere nahi karegi".

Also in the speech he specifically mentioned that the country would treat everyone with equality regardless of race and religion.

The emphasis is on welfare.

Nothing wrong in adding the word Islamic according to me, you can't win elections and do politics with too much honesty and straight forwardness. After all the voters do include people with orthodox values along with the liberals. He has to take care of both and his statement does put that forward.

Look at our politicians particularly the Congress, in spite of being age old filmy formula, they start giving benefits to minorities and sing their welfare tunes just before Elections. Every body knows it a gimmick but it works. As he (Imran) does not have a precedence, let us see how he fares.

This is a public forum and is open for all.Every one has right to question here and if you dont like to answer then jog on instead of ranting.

I didn't see a single Indian commenting on Imran's Jalsa thread last night but since Imran used a word 'Islam' in his speech, the Indians are on a rampage here as if the sky broke lose. A typical victim of Islamophobia - just like the rest of Bharatis on this forum. If you have to, clean your nose, then try to poke it into Pakistan's internal affairs.

Nothing wrong in adding the word Islamic according to me, you can't win elections and do politics with too much honesty and straight forwardness. After all the voters do include people with orthodox values along with the liberals. He has to take care of both and his statement does put that forward.

I don't think he is being dishonest. At most you could say he is avoiding being too specific on controversial issues. He will honor Islamic values. If someone thinks Islamic values require the hudood ordinance or mandatory burqas, they are in for a surprise, simply because mainstream Pakistani society -- especially IK's base which is progressive, educated youth and urbanites -- will not tolerate it.

Back
Top Bottom