What's new

Imran Khan has formally launched 'No one Sleeps Hungry' programme

Although any help for the poors should be highly appreciated, however, I am really frustrated with the idiotic, tunnel vision steps like these. When will this idiot realise that there is MASSIVE POVERTY IN PAKISTAN, AND PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY STRUGGLING from insane inflation. There are better ways of managing this rather than hap hazard steps like this.

My view is that it's far more imperative to get the FBR the funding it needs to do its job and then use the tax revenue collected to invest in industry and infrastructure particularly low/middle income housing

Here is the psychological factor.

When a vast number of rich to upper middle class people see these healthy inclusive schemes for the poor, like this 'koi Bhooka na soey', they will be more willing to pay taxes, they will be attracted to this humanitarian and philanthropic gesture of PM IK and will help the govt. with more taxes.

Many people and PM IK has pointed out about this, do not pay taxes because of the luxurious extravagance of the earlier PMLN and PPP govt, and also the corruption factor.

So these poverty reduction, philanthropic schemes will make people pay more taxes. As now people have this feeling that they are indirectly doing the charity through govt.

no charity will feed next 100mn pakistanis which will be here with in 20 years . reduce population or be ready .
These are healthy steps. Untill this nation stands on its feet. Second teach us kindness among people.. atleast people will belive that their government will not let them sleep hungry.
IMG-20210311-WA0006.jpg

Although any help for the poors should be highly appreciated, however, I am really frustrated with the idiotic, tunnel vision steps like these. When will this idiot realise that there is MASSIVE POVERTY IN PAKISTAN, AND PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY STRUGGLING from insane inflation. There are better ways of managing this rather than hap hazard steps like this.
And what are your genious thoughts. And what magic you have which can remove 70 years poverty for Pakistani society . This excerise is strong pillar of Islam. Mr genius

Last edited:
A Muslim majority country like Pakistan the institutiond of zakat and sadaqa are there and provide a net for the underprivileged in our society. Pakistanis excel at supporting the needy.
All decent countries have policies and mechanism to do the same.
For a prime minister who has the ability to create policy to encourage growth in the economy, to provide employment and empowerment for the public, spending most of his efforts in this is a travesty. Franky speaking a dereliction of his post and moral bankruptcy. As an individual this is indeed noble and Edhi is a testament to that, and indeed ik for his philanthropy. But a pm has the ability to afford real meaningful change.
In that ik has utterly failed.

We are just treating the symptom and not the disease itself. The system needs to be overhauled for any real progress.

Another gimmic by stupid PM of Pakistan. Instead of reducing poverty through GDP growth rate, here is the men handing out couple of rotis like we are living in 18th century.

We are just treating the symptom and not the disease itself. The system needs to be overhauled for any real progress.
Then give him majority next time. If you want meaningful changes
Viva la corrupción, la libertad, y la Democracia!
¿Te refieres a la libertad para cataluña? jaja ... hombre, la mayoría de las personas en Pakistán no entienden esta filosofía

i heard that govt has collected data in covid, insaf program and bhutto income program
From june money will directly transfer into their bank accounts?

i heard that govt has collected data in covid, insaf program and bhutto income program
From june money will directly transfer into their bank accounts?
or people will start disappearing to uplift them from poverty.

bach ke rehna karachi wali kehkashan

When Z.A Bhutto ran for PM he rode into power on the slogan "Roti, Kapra Aur Makaan" what followed was hyperinflation and the people becoming poorer than they were before he entered office.

Hugo Chavez ran on the campaign slogan "Patria Para Todos" (Homeland for All), he was President for 13 years and what did all his welfare accomplish?

Hugo Chavez supported his country's poor using his nations oil wealth through a host of social programs known as the "Bolivarian Missions" along with heavily subsidizing gasoline for his people which appeared to be a resounding success reducing poverty and unemployment by almost 50% in 12 years.

The problem is that he spent so much money on these social welfare programs, far more than the country could afford, that they robbed his nation of any revenue to invest in local industries to diversify his economy, into agriculture to improve food security, better infrastructure, etc... so when Maduro took over and oil prices plunged the country was thrown into the chaos you see today with hyperinflation wiping out the peoples wealth.

Social welfare programs are great, they have a time and place but Pakistan isn't able to support them and the money could be better utilized elsewhere.

This isn't how you generate wealth and long term prosperity.

My personal view is that he'd be better off putting the money into the FBR and generating more tax revenues then investing that extra revenue into industries and infrastructure particularly building housing for middle and low income families or offering long term no interest or sharia compliant home loans which will create jobs for the poorest segments of society along with dramatically growing the economy.

Not sure what you mean by that.

I believe hunger has declined in Pakistan over the years so I guess that's one way we're better off than we were in the 90s.

Don't forget the international sanctions against them imposed by the US, designed to destroy thier economy.

You are right but what is the alternative, the government will need to announce some flagship programme that they can then sing praises about and ask for votes in the next election. I would rather something like this initiative rather than an expensive bus line in Lahore.

Back
Top Bottom