What's new

IMRAN KHAN FUNNY TEAM

What retarded statement? Currency devaluation is good for the overall economy of a country according to economists and those who work in finance

I also work in finance, currency devaluation has two sides, as does everything in economics. If you ever take an econ class, one of the first things you'll be taught about is trade-offs. Devaluation is good for boosting export competitiveness on the price of goods, but the cost of devaluation is inflation. It's not a perfect correlation but you can see a basic example here. If I were at my desk and allowed to show you my screen, I would give you better examples.

As for Pakistan's devaluation, it's not just about export competitiveness, CAD, and inflation. Volatility in currencies is not desirable. Pakistan's old policy of pegging PKR to USD was unsustainable and inflexible, short-termist. But a free float also has its disadvantages. Plenty of Pakistan's monied classes to this day, even if they've earned their money legally, tend to send it abroad, hold it in dollars etc. Why? Because they don't trust Pakistan's government, SBP, and financial system, nor is PKR a good store of value. 10% devaluation over the course of less than a year is way too volatile. If you're rich in Pakistan, it would be very advisable to buy dollar assets and hold cash abroad, in Pakistan it will continually erode in value alongside PKR.

Anyway, this is a huge subject. Even I am not totally qualified to give a good account of it. The point I am trying to make is that this isn't black and white. Depreciation and appreciations are not good or bad, they both have positives and negatives. A stable, but slightly cheaper currency is probably what Pakistan should aim for, export competitiveness but not with the volatility we currently see. The statement made by Shaukat Yousafzai was nonsense rationalisation.

What retarded statement? Currency devaluation is good for the overall economy of a country according to economists and those who work in finance

Dear Expert

currency delvaluation looks good when you have good number of export in Billion dollars like china, Vietnam, south Korea but here in Pakistan we dont even have 50 billion USD export. This theory applies on 100+ billion usd export countries not on 25 billion USD export country. So stop giving lame logic which is nothing to do with current situation.
IK on container said so many thing I will do this do that - Enjoy this video be happy with Tiger force :smitten:

The statement made by Shaukat Yousafzai was nonsense rationalisation.
He is not an economist or in anyway related to finance industry. His statements can be taken as a joke. There is nothing serious about them.
As for State Bank governer Reza Baqir, his statement about overseas Pakistanis getting benefit of expensive dollar is 100 percent correct.

Exports take time to increase. Can't fix it all in just 3 years. Especially when they decreased during Pmln govt
View attachment 786986

Of course IMF cares about Pakistan. It's the last bank to lend Pakistan money when it goes broke every 5 years. No other bank in the world is that generous and kind towards Pakistanis. View attachment 786987
It’s not about 3 years. As a nation what does people have to offer to the world in productivity. PTI can’t produce magic out of their behind.

Like I said, IMF only cares to keep the chicken alive. Dead chicken is of no use.

Hey I am just impressed by the coordination in your team. That is all.

Mate! Members sometimes gets banned due to violations and this has nothing to do with political inclination. Lest not make it dubious. Favourable or anti arguments comes from everyone so it doesn't make them all being part of certain social media team. Please.
post of no value / fake news

Use report option. Tagging is not helpful. Instead, it derails the topic further.

Mate! Members sometimes gets banned due to violations and this has nothing to do with political inclination. Lest not make it dubious. Favourable or anti arguments comes from everyone so it doesn't make them all being part of certain social media team. Please.

Use report option. Tagging is not helpful. Instead, it derails the topic further.
You are right, I shouldn’t accuse them without concrete proof.

currency delvaluation looks good when you have good number of export in Billion dollars like china, Vietnam, south Korea but here in Pakistan we dont even have 50 billion USD export.
Looks good, feels nice wtf is this? We are talking macro economics here which is a fact based science not some fancy political or art theory which can be "felt".
Furthermore currency devaluation is an outcome of a cause. It's not a cause in itself. So when dollar price goes up it doesn't mean govt is deliberately doing it to make IMF, Jews, Indians, Qadianis, overseas Pakistanis happy. In fact it's only signaling that there is something fundamentally wrong such as high trade or current account deficit that needs to be corrected. It's not the price of dollar that needs govt intervention but its underlying cause
F50FC574-38FA-463B-B19F-766B3A5462EB.jpeg
D74A1DBC-858B-45C6-9CC6-EBA45C811F01.jpeg

It’s not about 3 years. As a nation what does people have to offer to the world in productivity. PTI can’t produce magic out of their behind.
And you are asking this question now? Sleeping for the past 30 years when our neighbors went long ahead of us?
7CCE896F-CC28-44AA-81F9-B2DA71D8EB5C.jpeg
9860AF0D-626C-4D6C-9E8D-6D9C21BA4CD9.jpeg

@The Eagle Eagle bhai Title mention is Funny team in pakistan sisat domian, everything I shared with valid link and yesterday these funny statement criticized in media as well.

Bhai! If politicians are not that serious, regardless of party I don't know why people gets triggered and start insulting each other.

On your point, I didn't get your point about title. If you may please elaborate so I can understand.

As for State Bank governer Reza Baqir, his statement about overseas Pakistanis getting benefit of expensive dollar is 100 percent correct.

Then why routine/normal eatables getting hike in prices ? 80% overseas Pakistani send money to support family in Pakistan if yesterday cooking oil price was 220, electricity unit 22 and now days become 280 , electric unit 25 how overseas get benefits ????

He is not an economist or in anyway related to finance industry. His statements can be taken as a joke. There is nothing serious about them.
Sure it is true, but is it a pertinent response? I don't think so.

Let's say PKR devalues another 10% in a year, you tell me what's more important... 10% better value for 10 million expats who contribute USD30bn odd a year, or 10% higher purchasing power for 220 million Pakistanis whose GDP is USD300bn?
I'm also an expat like you, I send money home. I'd rather we have a nicely managed system than I get a few extra pennies in my pocket.

You are right, I shouldn’t accuse them without concrete proof.

Yara even if anyone from so & so party, it doesn't matter for arguments and banning unless, a violation. I would rather keep note of such people that peddled a certain propaganda and will confront or argue with evidence on topic instead of their personal affiliation. Topic should be the main concern.

Then why routine/normal eatables getting hike in prices ? 80% overseas Pakistani send money to support family in Pakistan if yesterday cooking oil price was 220, electricity unit 22 and now days become 280 , electric unit 25 how overseas get benefits ????
Overseas Pakistanis can still send the same amount of foreign money to their relatives but due to rupee devaluation and inflation, they will get higher amount in rupees. If inflation is more than devaluation then overseas Pakistanis must send more foreign money to meet local demand. If not they need not to worry. In both cases Pakistan's national treasury gets benefit from increased number of remittances.
5BD85D58-28DC-4C2F-A2F4-862D8087EF60.jpeg

And you are asking this question now? Sleeping for the past 30 years when our neighbors went long ahead of us?
That’s what I am saying, this devaluation argument isn’t valid. Export sector is shit. Reason being high energy prices (Product is expensive) and unreliable energy supply ( no production).

Overseas Pakistanis can still send the same amount of foreign money to their relatives but due to rupee devaluation and inflation, they will get higher amount in rupees. If inflation is more than devaluation then overseas Pakistanis must send more foreign money to meet local demand. If not they need not to worry. In both cases Pakistan's national treasury gets benefit from increased number of remittances.View attachment 787004

Bro, can you come on fact ? this rising in remittance because of Covid travelling restrictions - once covid disease is finished it will fall down again. How much we are honest we all know.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom