What's new

Imran Khan ‘convinced’ Kayani on phased pullout from FATA

If that is what the Pakistani people want. To talk to the people that killed them, then it must be done.

A quite accurate answer would be ' Yes ' . Sir , do you remember that once I said ( or something to that effect ) that I fear the day , I would found that the ' silent majority ' which I so casually and normally speak of , would be proved to be ' non existing ' or simply ' a figment of my imagination ' ? . I think , well , its time that my fears are coming true . If you want to talk , negotiate , remove the writ of the Govt of Pakistan and gift areas to the murderers of 50,000 Pakistanis , then may the God bless you ! :azn:

I think , that it depends on your people and the provincial Govt . I personally would never ever in the right state of my mind advocate , support or even ask that question .

Valid point, my province has been mostly affected by terrorism and its us who want the peace talks with taliban the most. On the other its mummy daddy city kids, burger kids of army and overseas and western pakistanis who want some cool action by pak army against taliban and no peace talks....in my opinion they should come out of gaming world.

We do not know yet what is going to come in next 12 months, civil war in afghanistan is closing in once allied forces leave.
Civil war... So what. There was never peace there even if GoP looked for it, we are fighting a war against a group whose only design is to destroy Pakistan.

Peace talks failed these lunatics you can either exterminate them or tell them to surrender no other option.

Valid point, my province has been mostly affected by terrorism and its us who want the peace talks with taliban the most. On the other its mummy daddy city kids, burger kids of army and overseas and western pakistanis who want some cool action by pak army against taliban and no peace talks....in my opinion they should come out of gaming world.

Sure , if you want it , then we are no one to stop you , but I see nothing fruitful coming out of it . You do not negotiate with the madmen and barbarians and expect them to be merciful/rational to you , never . Mate , if there's a thing I dislike , its generalization and well if its about something , you do not really comprehend . :D Actually , its not only the urban people who are seeing the bigger picture here and the threat of ' Gun Point Islam ' under the sole and absolute authority of ' God's viceroy ' . Its another Swat in the making , let the time prove that . What we learn from history , is that we do not learn from history .

P.S Those kids kill pixels on the screen rendered by the Computer at home , a million times better than learning to use actual guns in the childhood and putting it later into practice by using lethal force and being proud of it , wouldn't you agree ?

A quite accurate answer would be ' Yes ' . Sir , do you remember that once I said ( or something to that effect ) that I fear the day , I would found that the ' silent majority ' which I so casually and normally speak of , would be proved to be ' non existing ' or simply ' a figment of ,y imagination ' ? . I think , well , its time that my fears are coming true . If you want to talk , negotiate , remove the writ of the Govt of Pakistan and gift areas to the murderers of 50,000 Pakistanis , then may the God bless you ! :azn:
There is no silent majority...it's all bullshit. I have observed that Muslims at some level do support terrorism. Whether or not it's explicit is another manner..

There is no silent majority...it's all bullshit. I have observed that Muslims at some level do support terrorism. Whether or not it's explicit is another manner..

Unfortunately , I have no choice here but to agree with you , to some extent . However , if you talk about ' some level ' , then it apparently goes true for all people of every religion , atheist and agnostics .

Unfortunately , I have no choice here but to agree with you , to some extent . However , if you talk about ' some level ' , then it apparently goes true for all people of every religion , atheist and agnostics .

Sir the so called silent you majority you are talking about Sir their is no such majority Sir majority of people want talks with Taliban because they know who entered Tribal areas on orders of USA in 2003 and from that day on Pakistan is getting into worst position by every passing day

Sir the so called silent you majority you are talking about Sir their is no such majority Sir majority of people want talks with Taliban because they know who entered Tribal areas on orders of USA in 2003 and from that day on Pakistan is getting into worst position by every passing day

Discussed to death , who did that and for what reason , with you , on a thousand different threads . I see no reason to continue this futile never ending debate here , since well the other side will never agree , even when presented with ' facts ' and ' logic ' . It starts with the same post , I have quoted here , since the tape's broken and beyond repair .

Discussed to death , who did that and for what reason , with you , on a thousand different threads . I see no reason to continue this futile never ending debate here , since well the other side will never agree , even when presented with ' facts ' and ' logic ' .
Sir just go and do survey Sir survey with thousands of people on road Mr you will know what is the majority

Sir just go and do survey Sir survey with thousands of people on road Mr you will know what is the majority

I think , I have a good enough idea of the majority by now . Do read my posts .

Nice attempt at attaining peace but it's temporary. But it may have been required. Yes, it will give TTP time to regroup and consolidate and rebuild their strength but it will also give the gov't time to focus on the tethering economy and the energy sector and give the army some breathing room, too.

As much as I would love to see TTP being dealt with an iron fist, more I'm reminded that this is real life and can get very grim. There is hardly ever a silver lining or a rainbow at the end after brave and courageous human acts against evil. I will take this phony peace deals and keep my fingers crossed till the evil decides to surface again.

two things:
one, when we say that there is the foreign support to the TTP then why do forget that if we are starting talks with TTP infact we are doing with their masters. and what master wants pets do.
on the other hand if we suppose that some TTP members who really want the islamization of pakistan then how they can negoitiate with the gop without achieving their goal.

The Army is already in a state of phased withdrawal from FATA, as areas are cleared, the Army's being pulled out for use elsewhere. It's not the army's place to be in FATA and after they've finished with the TTP, they must leave the area to the FC to administer. Areas such as Bajaur have seen an almost complete withdrawal of the army whereas others like Orakzai, Khyber and SWA are seeing a slight reduction after the recent Ops. So basically, Kiyani was just pulling the old rabbit out of the hat to make IK settle down. It was already happening and it will happen, but the army won't leave any area half way.

The Army is already in a state of phased withdrawal from FATA, as areas are cleared, the Army's being pulled out for use elsewhere. It's not the army's place to be in FATA and after they've finished with the TTP, they must leave the area to the FC to administer. Areas such as Bajaur have seen an almost complete withdrawal of the army whereas others like Orakzai, Khyber and SWA are seeing a slight reduction after the recent Ops. So basically, Kiyani was just pulling the old rabbit out of the hat to make IK settle down. It was already happening and it will happen, but the army won't leave any area half way.
What about north waziristan, the base of TTP?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom