What's new

Impressive Missile Targeting Missile Display By IRIAF

R73 supposed to have 300m minimum engagement range . They used it well bellow that engagement window .

This short range engagement cought attention from many aviation portals including Russian and Western. It was amazing because it put on the test several limits of both mig 29 and R73...It was at extremly low atlitude while in same time pilot successfully lock on and lunched missile in only few seconds...most missiles have longer lunch sequence than in this case whole engagement...also missile show it almost has no minimum range. That is why this performance was pop up at several western and Russian portals and media outlets.And this was ON TAILL shot down...every missile has even 2-3 times shorter range in case it hunt target from behind...so accelerating perfomance of missile is important factor...dont forget that pilot of mig29 could lock on target only after it was lunched from f5..so if you count from that moment,performance was really impressive..even I am sure xbox 360 can easily beat it...

Yeah, the tweet was very popular. But I think it's because of how spectacular it was. I don't think it was that difficult of an engagement. The R-73 is a very capable missile and the MiG-29 has good ACM modes to lock the target in front of it - the target in this case was well within locking and kinematic range, and was not off-bore or manoeuvring. Though the reaction time was quite short, I still think the pilot did well to lock the target quickly. It's a form of practice after all.

R73 supposed to have 300m minimum engagement range . They used it well bellow that engagement window .

No it was not. That was well over 300 meter engagement considering a target rocket has speeds of 400+meters PER SECOND and it took several seconds for heat seeker to fire + intercept

something like that , old trick Iran Airforce practice each year with different airplanes
an airplane fire a missile and then duck aside and then another airplane fire another missile and hit it from behind . it was more impressive if they could do it d=from the front

in this case the first missile have to be a much slower speed because 2nd missile was fire at least 5 second later and it caught up with the first missile in few seconds.

in this case the first missile have to be a much slower speed because 2nd missile was fire at least 5 second later and it caught up with the first missile in few seconds.

Target rocket speeds up to 420m/s

R-73 Mach 2.5

Anything looks “slow” next to a Mach 2+ missile

Are we sure it is target rocket..I didnt look close image,if HD image exist it can be spoted,since target rocket looks different than AIM-9...I am asking since target rockets have also one flare attached and it is standard practice to release flare ..even ofcourse it can be lunched without flare...Aim-9 looks verry different than target rocket,because of low atlitude engagment,I think on better HD image we could see what was lunched from F-5,even my gues was target rocket to be honest

IRIAF and PAF trained together for decades and the pilots and capabilities are considered some of the best in the world. The recent defence agreement will see very large batches of inter-training and inter-interoperability. The PAF recently played a key role in upgrading the IRIAF Mirage F1 at Kamra.

in which year this upgrade happened? and were their any conditions set by PAF with regard to Indian access to the upgraded mirage?

in which year this upgrade happened? and were their any conditions set by PAF with regard to Indian access to the upgraded mirage?

What does this even mean? India doesn’t operate Mirage F1 it operates Mirage 2000 which is a different plane and a generation ahead in tech to Iran’s F1’s.

What does this even mean? India doesn’t operate Mirage F1 it operates Mirage 2000 which is a different plane and a generation ahead in tech to Iran’s F1’s.
What's so out of this world to propose control measures on defense technology which Pakistan give to Iran?

Unless you are born yesterday, you should have known about the common strategic objectives of India and Iran, their military and intelligence operations in Pakistan, and on many occasions they have succeeded in stealing defense technology.

In given circumstances, it's no brainer to conclude that India knows all what Iran knows and have access to all where Iran has access.

Even worst is Iran use defense technology stolen from Pakistan to promote terrorism in region, which involves using Pakistani passports and citizens.

BTW, when Pakistan's F-16 blk 15 were upgraded, they are referred as blk-52 no more blk-15.

What's so out of this world to propose control measures on defense technology which Pakistan give to Iran?

Unless you are born yesterday, you should have known about the common strategic objectives of India and Iran, their military and intelligence operations in Pakistan, and on many occasions they have succeeded in stealing defense technology.

In given circumstances, it's no brainer to conclude that India knows all what Iran knows and have access to all where Iran has access.

Even worst is Iran use defense technology stolen from Pakistan to promote terrorism in region, which involves using Pakistani passports and citizens.

BTW, when Pakistan's F-16 blk 15 were upgraded, they are referred as blk-52 no more blk-15.

Most of Pakistani “defense technology” is in fact Chinese ToT.

I just told you that Mirage F1 was an 3rd Gen aircraft where as India operates 4+ Gen Mirage 2000. It’s upgrading is to be brought up to 4th Gen standard. Nothing of value for India’s Mirage in that package.

So take your pills because your delusions are not based in reality.

Back
Top Bottom