What's new

Impressive Missile Targeting Missile Display By IRIAF

Pretty easy to do. The missile has a massive heat signature (esp if it has a booster running) and would be easily picked up by the R-73 or other heat seeking missile.

Prior to the revolution is was called IIAF (Imperial Iranian Airforce). However, the west and Zionist still hark back to the old days and try to intentionally disparage the Islamic nature of Iranian military since the revolution.
Appreciate the thread instead of being just a nit pick, anyways I have corrected the error.

Appreciate the thread instead of being just a nit pick, anyways I have corrected the error.
Thank you. I was just making sure that it is was not the usual western stooges propaganda to disparage Iran and Muslim countries in general.

Impressive, but what's the practical use of this?
Apart from using an air to air missile as target drone, I don't see any other benefit?

Now Imagine with more modern planes what will they do to their enemies...

Now Imagine with more modern planes what will they do to their enemies...
IRIAF and PAF trained together for decades and the pilots and capabilities are considered some of the best in the world. The recent defence agreement will see very large batches of inter-training and inter-interoperability. The PAF recently played a key role in upgrading the IRIAF Mirage F1 at Kamra.

IRIAF and PAF trained together for decades and the pilots and capabilities are considered some of the best in the world. The recent defence agreement will see very large batches of inter-training and inter-interoperability. The PAF recently played a key role in upgrading the IRIAF Mirage F1 at Kamra.

:o:really ? never heard of that before...

since the target signature would be too small for such quick designation i presume it was heat seaker

Wow a heat seeker hit a target right in front of it!

IRIAF doing carnival tricks now...

This short range engagement cought attention from many aviation portals including Russian and Western. It was amazing because it put on the test several limits of both mig 29 and R73...It was at extremly low atlitude while in same time pilot successfully lock on and lunched missile in only few seconds...most missiles have longer lunch sequence than in this case whole engagement...also missile show it almost has no minimum range. That is why this performance was pop up at several western and Russian portals and media outlets.And this was ON TAILL shot down...every missile has even 2-3 times shorter range in case it hunt target from behind...so accelerating perfomance of missile is important factor...dont forget that pilot of mig29 could lock on target only after it was lunched from f5..so if you count from that moment,performance was really impressive..even I am sure xbox 360 can easily beat it...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom