What's new

Impressions of Vietnam

I rarely take any picture of highrise buildings.
Anywhere with plenty of them is more expensive, less natural beauty, less sky. As traveller, I pay less attention to those as we have nothing to do with them but only view.
Someone loves to post the photo of them but to me it is a failure if our cities have more of skyscrappers. Singapore or Hongkong looks modern but nothing good for travellers to visit there, overpriced, less nature, all man made attractions...
This is just my own thinking as a travelller

I rarely take any picture of highrise buildings.
Anywhere with plenty of them is more expensive, less natural beauty, less sky. As traveller, I pay less attention to those as we have nothing to do with them but only view.
Someone loves to post the photo of them but to me it is a failure if our cities have more of skyscrappers. Singapore or Hongkong looks modern but nothing good for travellers to visit there, overpriced, less nature, all man made attractions...
This is just my own thinking as a travelller

I agree. Structures get old and boring after.

1 m2 there, where france type structure old houses , is very expensive.

1 m2 there, where france type structure old houses , is very expensive.
i went to TaHien once time, and never come again, it is too expensive compared to some shops near my house! it should be severed some rich people, not me :yahoo:

Nice pictures!! Vietnamese do not hate Chinese people in general. We actually get along quite well with Chinese. Those are all politics. My Chinese relatives in laws were extremely nice to me when I visited them last year.

I must assure to Chinese travellers, at anytime there isn't any travellers would be harmed in Vietnam, because he/she is Chinese. That's the clueless fear created by media.

Even American people has the same fear when they start their first visit to Vietnam after war, but as we see President Obama need very few guards travelling around Hanoi for "Bun Cha"
while they could order the restaurant to bring him the dishes at his hotel.

bao-an-do-nhac-ong-obama-an-bun-cha-co-the-khien-ba-michelle-lo-lang.jpg

So feel free to come, our country isn't modern as in several cities in China but affordable and safe for tourism; and don't forget nice beaches, mountain scenes and foods.

SHwBJDRs3zsh6bhtuY7FmsFZhZan2m5c6r_GG-43rW-SmFKXMz4ORZHcxKtFG7qkAg=h900

Last edited:
You can't change the mindset of the people in Hanoi. Poor mindset = poor city.
Whereas, HCM aka Saigon, people have different mindset. Rich mindset = rich city.

You can also use this indicator to understand people who got poor mindset and rich mindset.
This is why VCP needs to stop riding Karl Marx's dead corpse. The guy has a poor mind.

@hoangsa74
Most of the economic output of Vietnam is generated from the south. Agriculture, natural resources, fishing, light manufacturing, and remittances from oversea viet kieu are the biggest foreign currency earners; most of those is generated from the south. This is why north Vietnam will never allow Saigon and the surrounding area to be autonomous.

You can't change the mindset of the people in Hanoi. Poor mindset = poor city.
Whereas, HCM aka Saigon, people have different mindset. Rich mindset = rich city.

You can also use this indicator to understand people who got poor mindset and rich mindset.
This is why VCP needs to stop riding Karl Marx's dead corpse. The guy has a poor mind.

@hoangsa74

No, Saigon and other southern cities have a reputation for rampant petty crimes like pick pocket, scamming street hawkers, street beggers before it was cracked down, etc. Plus, a lot of people from the south worship foreigners, they will crowd around foreign tourists trying to make friends with them (not a common sight in the north), they let foreigners exploit them (foreign factories mistreating their local workers, foreign ex-pats using local girls like expendable commodity and these girls dont mind), Koreans and Japanese resident looking down on the locals, etc. This is not characteristic of the north. But hey, if people from Saigon don’t mind these, then its their choice. As I said, Saigon just resemble some other south east asian cities like Bangkok (or even the red light district Pattaya before 1975), except it is less developed and less clean than Bangkok, but the mindset is similar.

No, Saigon and other southern cities have a reputation for rampant petty crimes like pick pocket, scamming street hawkers, street beggers before it was cracked down, etc. Plus, a lot of people from the south worship foreigners, they will crowd around foreign tourists trying to make friends with them (not a common sight in the north), they let foreigners exploit them (foreign factories mistreating their local workers, foreign ex-pats using local girls like expendable commodity and these girls dont mind), Koreans and Japanese resident looking down on the locals, etc. This is not characteristic of the north. But hey, if people from Saigon don’t mind these, then its their choice. As I said, Saigon just resemble some other south east asian cities like Bangkok (or even the red light district Pattaya before 1975), except it is less developed and less clean than Bangkok, but the mindset is similar.

Actually, that is not what I meant about people's mindset but what you are saying does happen with most countries.

Actually, that is not what I meant about people's mindset...

And the behaviors and characteristics I have described came from their mindset. If not, then why do they act and behave that way? Someone hypnotized them to act that way?

...but what you are saying does happen with most countries.

It happens in places where people have the same mindset.

BTW, since you are anti-VCP, can you tell me why can’t the southerners get rid of VCP governance? Even looking back, why at times in history, southerners got ruled by northern Vietnamese immigrants? even at times during the 60s-70s?

And the behaviors and characteristics I have described came from their mindset. If not, then why do they act and behave that way? Someone hypnotized them to act that way?

It happens in places where people have the same mindset.

BTW, since you are anti-VCP, can you tell me why can’t the southerners get rid of VCP governance? Even looking back, why at times in history, southerners got ruled by northern Vietnamese immigrants? even at times during the 60s-70s?

Your statement has nothing to do with what I was talking about. There is not even a single connection. You provided some extreme examples of people which has nothing to do with what I was talking about. You are pulling my leg for no apparent reason.

Just relax and I may tell you. Actually, you are smart enough to know that answer. I'm anti-corrupted people. VCP has those people. Corrupted people are also the least educated people. Tell me why VCP people are so ignorant and why they want to be like that? I just heard two ministers were shot dead by a forest ranger. Why? Corruption?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom