What's new

IMF - target of uneducated politicians in Pakistan

Brother don't mess with this person (FaujiHistorian) he is being paid Rs 200 per HOUR to write everything against IK.
He is actually a paid supporter who will write bluff and bluff because he being paid. It's his job :D
----
Dear .. you can disagree with post but not degrade / abuse person ..

you can collect billions of more rupees. But it will not help you pay for single barrel of petroleum imported every micro-second.

What you say about collecting taxes is only valid in US, UK, Germany etc. where the local currency is internationally accepted.

Countries with non-standard currency cannot tax their way out of poverty.
---
Tax collection help yo manage your revenue defict and plug back and develop industry

---
Tax collection help yo manage your revenue defict and plug back and develop industry

If the tax is collected in hard currency like dollar / pounds or Euros.

If on the other hand the tax is collected in soft currency like Rupees. Then it is useless in paying the international obligations.

--
why wold tke negatively?did i sis same before?
i rely prely on facts and logic
ans is ans

Okay, then where are those facts on which you replied "to whom and what Pakistan can export". Tell me what you guys are exporting? Rather then criticizing our country focus on your own country. Your Population is growing more than your economy. :D

IMF gives us hard currency aka dollars.

Pakistan uses these dollars to pay for everything from interest payments, bond payments, petroleum to tea and everything in between. This can total to be $20-30 billion every year if I am not mistaken.

Your mistake is not just a mistake, the magnitude of it is enormous. Our yearly IMF support package is around USD 2-3 Billion.

primary source of dollars (other than US +IMF) is labor remittances and meager exports of rice and cotton to the tune of $15-20 billion a year.

CSF reimbursements are usually every 3-6 months and in the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.......enough to give us a breather but nothing extraordinary, most of it is diverted towards the war with terrorists! Labour remittances is indeed a major source of inflow of $$.

Based on our budget historically, we have a shortfall of $5-10 billion of hard cash every year. This shortfall is fulfilled using American and American supported funding sources like IMF.

So, is that in addition to the figure of 20-30 Billion USD above? Just as an example, a one off payment of around USD 750 Million from an Arab country, with its own vested interests, saw the USD come down from 110 to 98. Our major import is Petroleum products from the Arab countries. Second being farm products, machinery and automobiles. Petroleum products, we cannot produce so have to import, but we are a nation of 200+ million, we can build everything that we need.

We cannot print dollars. No forking way. (No one will accept rupees outside Pakistan). West will bomb the $hit out of us or noone will trust us with our payments. North Korea tried and miserably failed.

So how the fork we can support a country of 200 million people whose primary source of dollars (other than US +IMF) is labor remittances and meager exports of rice and cotton.

How?

All those who bark against IMF are worse than village idiots.

P.S. There was no IMF during Musharraf era, the IMF begging bowl had been broken, foreign reserves had risen to USD 18 Billion, overall debt was lowered to USD 30 Billion @ Rs. 60/$ as opposed to USD 62 Billion @ Rs. 102 today, growth was sustained at over 6% for 3 years continuing, inflation was at its lowest, unemployment was decreasing fast and the list just goes on and on! So those who bark against IMF may actually be barking rightly.

Okay, then where are those facts on which you replied "to whom and what Pakistan can export". Tell me what you guys are exporting? Rather then criticizing our country focus on your own country. Your Population is growing more than your economy. :D
---
indian export
India's trade: full list of exports, imports and partner countries | News | The Guardian
IT exports to grow 13-15 % in 2014-15: Nasscom - The Hindu
Figures released by National Association of Software & Service companies (Nasscom) said the overall Indian software and BPO industry will add revenues of $13-14 billion to existing industry revenues of $118 billion

If the tax is collected in hard currency like dollar / pounds or Euros.

If on the other hand the tax is collected in soft currency like Rupees. Then it is useless in paying the international obligations.
---
its does not work that way
you mean let say toyota pak will pay tax in $ instead of pak rupeese?
in india tax collected in indina currency only...
---
internationl obligatin based on your exchange rate -fixed or floting .. so notthingmuch with domestic currncy

Pakistan have a lot of things that it can export and I would not like to answer your question because you will take it negatively. If someone else ask me the same question I can answer him if he is a Pakistani :D

In my limited knowledge, this is what Pakistan can export.

1- Rather than Cotton, export end products. Like in Macy's if i can see so many garments from country like Bangladesh and Sri Lanka then why not Pakistan?
2- Apart from regular garments, stand encouraging insititutions to provide hign end fashion garments in South Asia. I know that Pakistan Garments designers and their dresses have good demand in India...I hope you can market the same in South Asia as well as the countries who have simillar dress sense.
3- Cement : This is the one item, i always here India always eager to import from Pakistan...I am not sure what is happenng....So guys, no one is denying to stop animosity with India or US or any one...But if you can keep economic relation away from the regular thing, then you can get good market from your end product of your materials in Soth Asia and Central Asia as well. Stop exporting raw material to any country..Rather enforce them to create infra in your own country and provide subsidized rate of raw material to them.
4- Encourage to show your nation as a tourist spots to your friendly nations...Tourism is another form of channel to earn foreign exhange...

hahahah

p.s. you meant "highly sought after item"?

Guys do not underestimate the power of Arvind Kejriwal or Imran Khan..They are more less a product of modern day urbanization of our nation...They may not have political background, but one thing for sure, our political environment needs this kind of people to check mate the established corrupt parties. We may disagree with them but they have certain role to play in our political eco system.

Guys do not underestimate the power of Arvind Kejriwal or Imran Khan..They are more less a product of modern day urbanization of our nation...They may not have political background, but one thing for sure, our political environment needs this kind of people to check mate the established corrupt parties. We may disagree with them but they have certain role to play in our political eco system.

Oh bhai sahib

Read European history please. They have had such leaders (and in some cases still do).

IK and AK (Imran Kejriwal, and Arvind Khan) are called "Anarchists".

This is not a new phenomenon.

Peace

In my limited knowledge, this is what Pakistan can export.

1- Rather than Cotton, export end products. Like in Macy's if i can see so many garments from country like Bangladesh and Sri Lanka then why not Pakistan?
2- Apart from regular garments, stand encouraging insititutions to provide hign end fashion garments in South Asia. I know that Pakistan Garments designers and their dresses have good demand in India...I hope you can market the same in South Asia as well as the countries who have simillar dress sense.
3- Cement : This is the one item, i always here India always eager to import from Pakistan...I am not sure what is happenng....So guys, no one is denying to stop animosity with India or US or any one...But if you can keep economic relation away from the regular thing, then you can get good market from your end product of your materials in Soth Asia and Central Asia as well. Stop exporting raw material to any country..Rather enforce them to create infra in your own country and provide subsidized rate of raw material to them.
4- Encourage to show your nation as a tourist spots to your friendly nations...Tourism is another form of channel to earn foreign exhange...

Bhai

you are not linked to export / import. I can tell.

Even though you are well meaning, no doubt about it.

---
its does not work that way
you mean let say toyota pak will pay tax in $ instead of pak rupeese?
in india tax collected in indina currency only...
---
internationl obligatin based on your exchange rate -fixed or floting .. so notthingmuch with domestic currncy

Off course. taxes in India and Pak are collected in rupees. This is why they are not the worth the paper they are printed on.

All our economies are linked to hard currencies.

So Pakistan will be in deep doodoo if it doesn't have enough dollars in reserve to pay for international obligations.

Back
Top Bottom