What's new

IMF - target of uneducated politicians in Pakistan

Off course. taxes in India and Pak are collected in rupees. This is why they are not the worth the paper they are printed on.

All our economies are linked to hard currencies.

So Pakistan will be in deep doodoo if it doesn't have enough dollars in reserve to pay for international obligations.
---
even india and pak Currency is linked to $ and before that gold..
india have basked of 5 currency with whihc it has resver .. $ ,yen, pound , etc
value of india or pak or nation currency based on its ABILITY to have Positive balance of trade .. huge market ..FDI both in and out.. remitance ..
so getting 1 $ in pak at Rs.100 is never good sign if you compare with india od rs.60..
gap of 40 ....
Curreny policy...mosty based on Blance of payment,,... fiscal deficit .. FDI.. good governace .. tech... education ..infra ..
more good are the parameter more value of money..
If the tax is collected in hard currency like dollar / pounds or Euros.

If on the other hand the tax is collected in soft currency like Rupees. Then it is useless in paying the international obligations.
---
who wll give $ and pound to tax payer first ?

Off course. taxes in India and Pak are collected in rupees. This is why they are not the worth the paper they are printed on.

All our economies are linked to hard currencies.

So Pakistan will be in deep doodoo if it doesn't have enough dollars in reserve to pay for international obligations.
---
value of india or pak or nation currency based on its ABILITY to have Positive balance of trade .. huge market ..FDI both in and out.. remitance ..
so getting 1 $ in pak at Rs.100 is never good sign if you compare with india od rs.60..
gap of 40 ....
Curreny policy...mosty based on Blance of payment,,... fiscal deficit .. FDI.. good governace .. tech... education ..infra ..
If the tax is collected in hard currency like dollar / pounds or Euros.

If on the other hand the tax is collected in soft currency like Rupees. Then it is useless in paying the international obligations.
---

Hey Kiddo, Before posting negative things about Pakistan check your country India which HAS the 2nd biggest population and a very long list of problems which I and you know very well and i THINK i DON'T NEED TO MENTION THAT problems.

Of course I know....that does not prevent me to post something i wish in the internet foroum...

Of course I know....that does not prevent me to post something i wish in the internet foroum...

Ofcourse it doesn't stop you but when you will ever write negative things about Pakistan a real Pakistani like me will remind you about your 2nd biggest population country with countless problems.

---
gap of 40 ....

---

Bro

your posts / replies have gotten very confusing. Please take some basic economics courses.

Thank you.

this is how :

-let the currency trade freely.
-cut down government expenditure.
-cut taxes (we have one of the highest corporate taxes in the region)
-reduce regulations in everything.

What is the target of government expenses for 200 million?

And based on which model or country?

Thank you.

what ignorance... you should read the following book (by Econ Nobel prize winner: Stiglitz) to get a better idea of contradicting economic ideologies! This guy served as a Chief Economist of World Bank and also worked in the Advisory Committee of Clinton. He will tell you exactly why some of the IMF policies are counter intuitive and only make things worse for the debtor country

upload_2014-11-16_19-23-6.jpeg

what ignorance... you should read the following book (by Econ Nobel prize winner: Stiglitz) to get a better idea of contradicting economic ideologies! This guy served as a Chief Economist of World Bank and also worked in the Advisory Committee of Clinton. He will tell you exactly why some of the IMF policies are counter intuitive and only make things worse for the debtor country

View attachment 152719

Look IMF is a credit card on low interest rate.

No one can support the idea of living on a credit card. No body.

However if you are not willing to keep peace in the country, and the country has to pay its international obligations, IMF/low interest credit card is a life saver.

Peace

Look IMF is a credit card on low interest rate.

No one can support the idea of living on a credit card. No body.

However if you are not willing to keep peace in the country, and the country has to pay its international obligations, IMF/low interest credit card is a life saver.

Peace

IMF is a banker which makes you live your life according to the Banker's wishes. And unfortunately, more often than not, the Banker's wish will screw you up (intentionally or unintentionally) in a way that you always have a need for this credit line.

your statement, "All those who bark against IMF are worse than village idiots" is simply unwarranted.

IMF is a banker which makes you live your life according to the Banker's wishes. And unfortunately, more often than not, the Banker's wish will screw you up (intentionally or unintentionally) in a way that you always have a need for this credit line.

your statement, "All those who bark against IMF are worse than village idiots" is simply unwarranted.

Oh bhai jaan

Read the thread. your question haas been answered several times.

What is the target of government expenses for 200 million?

And based on which model or country?

Thank you.

Based on a libertarian model. There are no countries out there which are libertarian enough.

I can't say what a target is, but tax/customs rates of any kind should not exceed 10%.
State run "businesses" like PIA, PSM, etc etc, should all be sold or liquidated, with preference on liquidation.
Cut defence budget, put emphasis on diplomacy. When you reduce regulations, less ministries required, less seats required, in short entire civil service cut. Businesses will take advantage of lesser taxes, lesser regulations, grow and still raise enough tax revenue to pay for basic infrastructure and edu/health provided by government.

Back
Top Bottom