What's new

IIM Ahmedabad among top 39 elite business schools in the world

LOL, don't start your rant, post something of value.

More than enough value for you

These rankings are no different QS, they are opinion based surveys from alumni, recruiters...etc
MBA student don't produce papers and research publications, there are no objective ways to measure and rank MBA. How else could Financially Times ranked IIM ahead of Univeristy of Michigan, Manchester Bschool, University of Virginia and Imperial College? Which international student's going to turn down any of these schools for IIM, LOL.
And Hong Kong UST Bschool ranked above UC Berkeley? This is ludicrous.

Every paid media published these so called "ranking" for revenues, they are only as meaningful as a survey. That's what it is, a survey. LOL.

Irrelevant. Most international students getting through those schools will not pass the entrace exams of CAT. And among Indians every year there are people who leave Ivy Leagues to opt for IIMs. I know people who left Princeton and Yale for IIM A, forget 'Hong Kong' and Virginia

I said find me where I wrote I've no problem with QS ranking of chinese universities. I didn't ask you to post the link. It doesn't prove anything. Are you broken?

what is your explanation for chinese univeristies figuring here ?

I clearly gave you the answer, but since your cerebral capacity is limited, I'll repost.

1) GMAT and CAT are not administered by the same body, hence equivalency is required.

2) GMAT is equivalated by IIM, because GMAT is recognized and accepted.

READ

IIMA and its Programmes (that use CAT scores) - IIMA

For candidates eligible to be considered using the GMAT, the following equivalent CAT scores for the GMAT scores will be applied:

The composite score will be calculated based on the equivalent CAT score and Application Rating as described above

I believe your lack of comprehension is based on your lack of grasp on English vocabulary.

Do you understand basic vocabulary? I understand that its not your native tongue, that however does not excuse repeated rejoinders to improve your skills.

Let me write the full phrase so that you don't get an excuse again.

If GMAT is accepted what is the need for getting an equivalence?
This is what is written on the website as per your quote right?
The composite score will be calculated based on the equivalent CAT score and Application Rating as described above

Do you understand why they are saying equivalent CAT score and not GMAT score?

please apologize to the kid or he will drag this thread to 20th page

I believe your lack of comprehension is based on your lack of grasp on English vocabulary.

Do you understand basic vocabulary? I understand that its not your native tongue, that however does not excuse repeated rejoinders to improve your skills.

Let me write the full phrase so that you don't get an excuse again.

If GMAT is accepted what is the need for getting an equivalence?
This is what is written on the website as per your quote right?

Do you understand why they are saying equivalent CAT score and not GMAT score?

English is not even my 3rd language, yet I can comprehend logic and reasoning better than you.

If GMAT is not accepted, why is it allowed to be equivalated??????????

That means if someone submit his GMAT, it will be equivalated into CAT just so his application can be evaluated together with others who did CAT.

Time to go back school for a course on logic and reasoning.

The article talks about IIM you lazy bum. And IIMs don't take GMAT. Difficult to comprehend?
Stop making a fool of yourself. Go back and read the article.
This is how your post started right?
The member clearly said IIM's dont take GMAT.
You implied otherwise.

Whereas infact IIM's dont take GMAT, they take the CAT equivalent. Now I ask you the question repeatedly, why does IIM A need to take an equivalent?

The answer should be obvious. The fact that you are going around in circles simply to avoid answering yourself that your initial posts were off.

This is how your post started right?
The member clearly said IIM's dont take GMAT.
You implied otherwise.

Whereas infact IIM's dont take GMAT, they take the CAT equivalent. Now I ask you the question repeatedly, why does IIM A need to take an equivalent?

The answer should be obvious. The fact that you are going around in circles simply to avoid answering yourself that your initial posts were off.

I didn't go around in circle, your mental process is going around in circle. If GMAT is not accepted, it would not be equivalated. If has to be equivalated, because GMAT and CAT are administrated by different body. And because it is accepted by IIM, hence it is equivalated.

Standardized test is more important for quantity based education such as engineering, less so for MBA.
You said it, it's not practical in real life, good MBA program prepares you for a career that includes organizational behavior skills. (EQ)

Standardized test is only a filter to keep out the lazy and the dumb.

Even dumb and lazy people can do engineering and MBA. It just might take them longer. The world is full of such people :P

Social behavior and emotional intelligence cannot be taught. No MBA can teach you something so basic. That comes only with experience or exposure. Exchange programs, cultural festivals, meets and seminars can help give exposure, but how to act, what to do etc. can never be taught.

Still MBA programs in top tier colleges does focus on non curriculum actives too. It can and should do a lot more, but it doesn't. Which is why I said Indian MBA colleges do not produce leaders. Only hard working corporate slaves.

Back
Top Bottom