What's new

IHS Janes | China, Pakistan set for submarine deal by end of year.

I take it this sub is a lot more advanced than Agosta 90B, in terms of hull design as least?

Any idea how much will these things cost because the latest subs are in the area of $500 mil so 6 should be $3 billion at least if we want full loaded state of the art AIP subs.

Good news for the PN, i think we should incorporate some nuke launching capability into our subs as well, SLBMs I think they are called....

@Aeronaut what is pumpjet ?
VigilantSNLE.jpg

It is fitted with a shrouded pump-jet instead of a conventional propeller. It is fitted with a shrouded pump-jet instead of a conventional propeller.

helice1.jpg

VigilantSNLE.jpg

It is fitted with a shrouded pump-jet instead of a conventional propeller. It is fitted with a shrouded pump-jet instead of a conventional propeller.

helice1.jpg

thanks , this pump-jet ... does this make sub quieter or more nosier ?

They should be highly advance submarines with capability to fire Babur cruise missiles

Wikipedia says that they can only carry 6 torpedoes and thats it? Thats insufficient...

They should be highly advance submarines with capability to fire Babur cruise missiles

Wikipedia says that they can only carry 6 torpedoes and thats it? Thats insufficient...

It is 6 in the tubes, 12 in the rack.

If this is not enough, then go after the SSN.

24 torpedoes and 16 anti-ship missiles or 16 LACMs.

140750r39hmhhjujxxhxju.jpg

It is 6 in the tubes, 12 in the rack.

Interesting...

How does Yuan class submarines compare against German Dolphin class submarines, which Israel recently purchased?

If this is not enough, then go after the SSN.

24 torpedoes and 16 anti-ship missiles or 16 LACMs.

140750r39hmhhjujxxhxju.jpg

Not purchasing, but I hope China helps Pakistan in designing its own nuclear-submarines and even ICBMs...

Interesting...

How does Yuan class submarines compare against German Dolphin class submarines, which Israel recently purchased?

Since it is much bigger, so it could expect it has longer endurance.

Furthermore, it can even host the SLBM.

Not purchasing, but I hope China helps Pakistan in designing its own nuclear-submarines and even ICBMs...

Indeed, Pakistan's nuclear sub is underway, and it could likely base on Type 093/094 with some implemented technologies from Type 095/096.

Since it is much bigger, so it could expect it has longer endurance.

Furthermore, it can even host the SLBM.

wikipedia shows very little about Yuan class submarine.

Any source about its capabilities and specifications?

Back
Top Bottom