What's new

If you've ever wondered why there is unrest in Balochistan...

Should try a different approach and I myself believe killing bugti wasn't the answer...

Learn from the Chinese on this one, you like to call yourselves iron brothers after all.......look at what the Chinese are doing to Uyghurs.....someone said lets kill them, another said no, make them work, they'll earn money, then they'll decide if they want to separate or keep themselves within China.

Obviously, capital was invested into Xinjiang by the Chinese state. And the Chinese are ahead of integrating Balochistan into China rather than Pakistan, how shameful (last I heard they tried teaching Chinese to Baloch kids lol).

Uyghur issue is very different to Baluchistan. Like i earlier said it is not the lack of resource but tribal culture and traditions which are the biggest hurdle in development of Baluchistan. Even you are to pour a hundred billion dollars every year in Baluchistan it will not change anything. Only way out is if people themselves revolt and kill of these blood sucking sardars but i dont see that happening even in the long term. Only province in Pakistan which is politically aware is KPK rest are being manipulated by families as people allow them. Province like punjab and sindh with highest per capita spending have people who worship Nawaz and Zardari like Gods so it is not the issue of resources.

Uyghur issue is very different to Baluchistan. Like i earlier said it is not the lack of resource but tribal culture and traditions which are the biggest hurdle in development of Baluchistan. Even you are to pour a hundred billion dollars every year in Baluchistan it will not change anything. Only way out is if people themselves revolt and kill of these blood sucking sardars but i dont see that happening even in the long term. Only province in Pakistan which is politically aware is KPK rest are being manipulated by families as people allow them. Province like punjab and sindh with highest per capita spending have people who worship Nawaz and Zardari like Gods so it is not the issue of resources.

I know the backstory.......but what I'm trying to say is that we can still make it work, even with tribalism.

This was taken some time ago. Tribal warriors working with PA.

1604988775437.png

I urge you to go onto YouTube and watch the latest videos from Quetta posted on the Village Food Secrets channel.

The channel is about food and the creator Mubashar Siddique is in Quetta on holiday. He's showing videos of food, but the poverty in the background is surprising. The train station was awful.

In an area so under developed its no wonder people can be turned against the state. After all the state has neglected them. Even the provincial capital is under developed.

InshaAllah CPEC and Gwadar will change that.
So true. It's even worst in tribal areas of kpk

i have said it many many times here but so called patriots are not agreed .

Try separating sardars and people and you will get your answer. Last time we tried that with bhugti and had to suffer a 2 decade long unrest which is still going on. Unless there is a realization amongst people of Baluchistan that these sardars are not their benefactors nothing will change. State cant do anything when people themselves are mental slaves.

The Nawabs are a lifeline to these people. To ask them to abandon them is like asking someone to not drink dirty water because it will make them ill. If they only have access to dirty water, what can you expect? You must give them clean water first.

The solution to this is easy. Develop the cities. The Nawabs don't own the people in the cities in the same ways they own the people in the tribal regions. If there are job opportunites in the cities, locals will travel to work, to earn. Those who are financially free, after a generation will become politically free too.

Also large government owned private farms in rural areas. Grow thinks like olives, saffron, other cash crops. Hire people to work on those lands, pay them well. Those people will be financially independent and again within a generation will be politically independent too.

Finally heavy investment in local infrastructure. Put solar panels on every roof in Balochistan. Dig tubewells with filtration machines in every village in the province. Put small schools every village, small medical centres, mobile health visitors. Pay for the education and training of local men and women to serve in these places. Take a leaf out of Nawaz Sharif's book - built roads everywhere, increase connectivity.

In 10-20 years time, we'll see a very different Balochistan.
who are BAKLOCH'S ????????????

People who are factually loyal to Iran. This is a Dolan Trump Fact.

The Nawabs are a lifeline to these people. To ask them to abandon them is like asking someone to not drink dirty water because it will make them ill. If they only have access to dirty water, what can you expect? You must give them clean water first.

The solution to this is easy. Develop the cities. The Nawabs don't own the people in the cities in the same ways they own the people in the tribal regions. If there are job opportunites in the cities, locals will travel to work, to earn. Those who are financially free, after a generation will become politically free too.

Also large government owned private farms in rural areas. Grow thinks like olives, saffron, other cash crops. Hire people to work on those lands, pay them well. Those people will be financially independent and again within a generation will be politically independent too.

Finally heavy investment in local infrastructure. Put solar panels on every roof in Balochistan. Dig tubewells with filtration machines in every village in the province. Put small schools every village, small medical centres, mobile health visitors. Pay for the education and training of local men and women to serve in these places. Take a leaf out of Nawaz Sharif's book - built roads everywhere, increase connectivity.

In 10-20 years time, we'll see a very different Balochistan.

People who are factually loyal to Iran. This is a Dolan Trump Fact.

You cant work in the area without giving extorsion money to these sardars/Nawabs. To expect them to allow development is a hefty task on its own. All oil and gas exploration companies give them at least 10 million per month to local sardars. My father used to work in oil fields used to say that they employed 50 percent baloch in manpower but none of them worked even a single day. They used to threaten them by saying if you told them to work sardar would kill them. Entire mindset of these people need to change for any social or developmental work to take any effect. I do agree that people need to engaged in productive activities rather than feeding them pure cash. Agricultural revolution is almost impossible as all the land is owned by sardars so again no benefit for common baloch. I worked with UNDP when i was in Pakistan we provided so many houses with solar panels but despite condition to not sell them nearly 70% of households sold their solar systems within one month. I mean where will you start to teach these people to change them.

Change is required but kind of change required here will come after 2-3 decade if we put our heads together today. It is a exhausting process one of the reason i left Pakistan again.

Last edited:
I urge you to go onto YouTube and watch the latest videos from Quetta posted on the Village Food Secrets channel.

The channel is about food and the creator Mubashar Siddique is in Quetta on holiday. He's showing videos of food, but the poverty in the background is surprising. The train station was awful.

In an area so under developed its no wonder people can be turned against the state. After all the state has neglected them. Even the provincial capital is under developed.

InshaAllah CPEC and Gwadar will change that.
A lot of the problem that exist in Pakistan is because of Pakistanis, a little introspection will go a long way for us but we refuse to do it.

You cant work in the area without giving extorsion money to these sardars/Nawabs. To expect them to allow development is a hefty task on its own. All oil and gas exploration companies give them at least 10 million per month to local sardars. My father used to work in oil fields used to say that they employed 50 percent baloch in manpower but none of them worked even a single day. They used to threaten them by saying if you told them to work sardar would kill them. Entire mindset of these people need to change for any social or developmental work to take any effect. I do agree that people need to engaged in productive activities rather than feeding them pure cash. Agricultural revolution is almost impossible as all the land is owned by sardars so again no benefit for common baloch. I worked with UNDP when i was in Pakistan we provided so many houses with solar panels but despite condition to not sell them nearly 70% of households sold their solar systems within one month. I mean where will you start to teach these people to change them.

Change is required but kind of change required here will come after 2-3 decade if we put our heads together today. It is a exhausting process one of the reason i left Pakistan again.

Those are some interesting challenges. Would you say the sardars have the same hold in the cities?

I also wrote a story about sardars of Balochistan in a different thread today. I didnt go in much detail about them as i was writing on military matters in Balochistan predominantly relating to the OGDC and FC unfortunate incident but yes i heard the same about sardars too.

Quetta is still better. Out in the Baloch districts things are almost medieval. The state has done nothing since 1947. Practically left abandoned or just used to rape for resources like gas etc.

Try separating sardars and people and you will get your answer. Last time we tried that with bhugti and had to suffer a 2 decade long unrest which is still going on. Unless there is a realization amongst people of Baluchistan that these sardars are not their benefactors nothing will change. State cant do anything when people themselves are mental slaves.
again blamin people for statesbfk ups or should i say MalishatIncs fk ups or greed!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom