What's new

If you had a chance to live your life again...

@Oscar @Icarus @jamahir @fakhre mirpur @coffee_cup
Don't hold yourself back, and don't be influenced by the answer of the other guy!

@Joe Shearer @Bang Galore @Rain Man @scorpionx @MilSpec
Let's hear it out!

I'd have gone into academics right at the outset, and not wasted time on management. Or I'd have taken a rat-race career more seriously, and kissed some asses, buttered a few bosses and kowtowed on time and out of time, and focussed on reaching the top, to the exclusion of all else.

There were lots of actions I would have taken differently at different times. I wouldn't have left my aerospace job, but would have waited out the idiot who was chairman of the large public sector corpse and ex officio my chairman as well. I wouldn't have cheeked a chairman who was about to give me a job, I wouldn't have upset another by questioning her impulsive actions. I would have held on to my Hungarian operations as part compensation for salaries not received. I would have got everything in writing, and checked direct with the board before trusting my chairman and going ahead on an ambitious growth plan. And, in general, I wouldn't have lent anybody five rupees. One rupee.

I'd have gone into academics right at the outset, and not wasted time on management. Or I'd have taken a rat-race career more seriously, and kissed some asses, buttered a few bosses and kowtowed on time and out of time, and focussed on reaching the top, to the exclusion of all else.

There were lots of actions I would have taken differently at different times. I wouldn't have left my aerospace job, but would have waited out the idiot who was chairman of the large public sector corpse and ex officio my chairman as well. I wouldn't have cheeked a chairman who was about to give me a job, I wouldn't have upset another by questioning her impulsive actions. I would have held on to my Hungarian operations as part compensation for salaries not received. I would have got everything in writing, and checked direct with the board before trusting my chairman and going ahead on an ambitious growth plan. And, in general, I wouldn't have lent anybody five rupees. One rupee.

Thanks.
That was bold. And sharing your experience will be immensely helpful for others.

@ Everybody
I cannot tag the entire forum here, neither would the notifications go anyway. Please feel free to respond!

What would you have done ?
==> Traveled more across the globe before modernization and commercialization hit the nature.

What changes would you like to have in your life ?
==> Hmm longer holidays :)

Would you have liked to do things differently ?
==> Spending money more cautiously :P

What would you have done ?
==> Traveled more across the globe before modernization and commercialization hit the nature.

What changes would you like to have in your life ?
==> Hmm longer holidays :)

Would you have liked to do things differently ?
==> Spending money more cautiously :P
Can't agree with you more on those points there. :tup::tup:

aahhh i would like change my behavior when i was in teen age, quite spoiled being youngest in family even youngest in cousins.

LOL.

I'm over 65. I don't give a tinker's dam any more.
I joined this new company, about an year back. They gave me this set of 10 questions to answer, quite thought invoking indeed. This was one of them. They share the answers with the existing members of the team, helps to know each other better.

Thought, why not ask the same question here ? hehe

aahhh i would like change my behavior when i was in teen age, quite spoiled being youngest in family even youngest in cousins.

You can surely expand upon that a little more.

I am living my life again...then i know the future....
I would have most probably turned into a baba with an annual turn over of around 1000 crores rupees

Back
Top Bottom