What's new

If Skiing is Your Passion; You'd Love Pakistan

Nanga Parbat was first tried in 1956...:lol:

And its latest victims are still stuck on it.

Its also the worlds 9th highest peak.

The K2 is the most extreme mountain and the most dangerous;

Here is an old article from 2013;

https://www.redbull.com/ca-en/the-world-s-most-dangerous-peak-beckons

K2 Calling: Meet the world’s most dangerous peak
© Ed Darack

July 26, 2013By Brendan Leonard

21 mountaineers hoped to summit 8,611m K2, known as the world’s deadliest mountain...

The second highest mountain in the world – just 237 meters shorter than Mt. Everest – has a reputation for being far more hazardous than Everest, and the statistics don’t lie.

Historically, for every 100 climbers who have made it to the summit of Everest, four have died. For every 100 climbers who have summited K2, 29 have died. A scant 306 people have ever stood on the summit of K2, compared to more than 5,600 Everest summiters.

The path to basecamp crosses glacial rivers.
© AHMAD ABDUL-KARIM PHOTOGRAPHY
The weather is worse on K2. The climbing is more difficult, with two technical sections, House’s Chimney and the Black Pyramid. Once safely past those, climbers must navigate the narrow Bottleneck couloir, forcing themselves underneath a set of massive seracs.

Porters at a K2 camp.
© ED DARACK
In 2008, part of the serac collapsed, cutting fixed ropes and avalanching onto the route, which made navigating the Bottleneck more technical for the parties who had climbed above it. In the single worst day in K2’s history, 11 climbers died. A new documentary film, The Summit (trailer below), premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2013, and attempts to explain the obsession with K2, the dangers of climbing it, and the 2008 tragedy.

Although it has a reputation to be 'the Savage Mountain', K2 is not statistically the deadliest 8,000-meter peak—Annapurna, the first of the 8000ers to be climbed, is. For every 100 climbers who summited Annapurna, 34 have died. K2, however, draws far more interest, maybe because of its reputation.

The Gilkey Memorial at K2 base camp.
© CREDIT: NADEEM KHAWAR
The major disasters, in 2008, and in 1986, when 13 climbers died over the span of several weeks, have put K2 in the news, and although expeditions return every year, the mountain and its weather are fickle. In 2009 and 2010, no one summited K2. In 2012, more than 30 climbers summited, 28 of those in a single day of great weather on July 31. This year’s teams no doubt hope for similar success.

According to Raheel Adnan's Altitude Pakistan blog and the Japanese team's blog, 21 climbers from various expeditions planned to leave K2 Base Camp on July 24, hoping to take advantage of an expected good weather window beginning on July 27.

Climbers left at 6am local time. Four teams – a Japanese team, an Argentinian team, and two international teams with members from New Zealand, Australia, Nepal, Greece, the UK, and Canada—are on the mountain. All climbers will be on the standard Abruzzi Spur route.

Spanish climber Alex Txikon, who planned to climb the Cesen route without oxygen with Mexican Benjamin Salazar and Spaniard Felix Criado, has apparently turned back at Camp 2 because of too much snow high on the route.

A Swiss team (Mike Horn, Fred Roux, and Kobi Reichen) also planned to climb the Cesen Route, but Mike Horn posted on his blog on July 20 that he and Fred Roux left for Broad Peak to attempt to rescue the three Iranian climbers who were lost around 8,000 meters and died.

PRESS TIME UPDATE: Friday morning's reports indicate that all teams have turned back due to the massive amounts of snow and high level of avalanche danger – the summit of K2 may remain untouched in 2013.

———————————-

Several more have died since 2013... trying to climb K2.

How is the touristic infrastructure around K2? Any luxury hotels ect? You could boost up tourism if you provide high standard accomindations.

http://www.alanarnette.com/blog/2016/06/12/k2-will-never-become-everest/

How is the touristic infrastructure around K2? Any luxury hotels ect? You could boost up tourism if you provide high standard accomindations.
You have to trek for a week or more to reach K2 base camp.

http://www.alanarnette.com/blog/2016/06/12/k2-will-never-become-everest/

You have to trek for a week or more to reach K2 base camp.

And thats the problem. I dont say you dont have amazing nature but you dont use it.

Look we have dangerous mountains and people love to see them. We make awesome hotels and infrastructure there and earn lots of money. The ajority doesnt want climb but is ok with just seeing it.

Just look at what Chile does, place awesome hotels near the greatest andes mountains.

Pakistan and the countries around dont use what they have in a smart way.

And thats the problem. I dont say you dont have amazing nature but you dont use it.

Look we have dangerous mountains and people love to see them. We make awesome hotels and infrastructure there and earn lots of money. The ajority doesnt want climb but is ok with just seeing it.

Just look at what Chile does, place awesome hotels near the greatest andes mountains.

You are right but doing that right on the footsteps of K-2 is impossible..

With temp in -40s... no civilisation for miles, nothing growing there.. surrounded by glaciers and mighty peaks... its impossible.

You are right but doing that right on the footsteps of K-2 is impossible..

With temp in -40s... no civilisation for miles, nothing growing there.. surrounded by glaciers and mighty peaks... its impossible.

Really? Why can Chile build such a Hotel in Torres del paine at the feet of one of worlds most gargantuan glaciers and with next city 400km away?

tdp_explr_830_230.jpg

It is possible if you really want to. They even build luxury hotels on Greenland now.

Pakistan is like a beggar on a golden throne. You have a wonderful country and you do nothing with it. You can insult me again and again, you know im right regarding that.

Really? Why can Chile build such a Hotel in Torres del paine at the feet of one of worlds most gargantuan glaciers and with next city 400km away?

tdp_explr_830_230.jpg

It is possible if you really want to. They even build luxury hotels on Greenland now.

Pakistan is like a beggar on a golden throne. You have a wonderful country and you do nothing with it. You can insult me again and again, you know im right regarding that.
I can see vegetation,watwr bodies and moderate weather in the pic.

What are you going to do here;
73B4B289-93A9-4DD9-AE70-4349DA67BE8F.jpeg
E19D8BE8-EAD8-471E-B8C2-65CB9ADD13B8.jpeg
0B40CFA8-EE79-48F4-AE78-C8FCA024897E.jpeg
871FCF0D-DD2B-486B-A36B-8523E737A373.jpeg
CA15C9EF-1AE4-47FE-985B-BF585509A14D.jpeg
3744BB6D-5519-4BD5-83F0-061CC9611BA8.jpeg
34FE4833-3486-4C0D-A5C6-49D930E103C3.jpeg
2D5ACB65-5F40-473F-BD33-F89B0237B76B.jpeg
C2EA482B-18FB-4EA8-A67A-86BDC664CA90.jpeg
2888D2B9-36D0-4AE5-AEC2-A4E3CE1F5CDA.jpeg

tell me why it is called "Alpine climbers"? :) Tell me bro. :)

Whats in the name sunshine? Understand this, Karakorum is for real MEN, boys go and climb your SHITY PUNNY Alps.

Look at Eiger, its like a fkig tourist spot. LOL

5858410282_a86aa2b3b7_b.jpg

And this is the neighbourhood the MIGHTY K2 resides.

K2%20Panorama%20W.jpg

Its like comparing a thug (K2) living in rough neighbour with a 18 year old Barbie doll (Eiger). And that thug wants to fk the Barbie. LOL

k2_70009246-56a16a343df78cf7726a881f.jpg

You are embarrassing yourself you punny Italian boy. do your d|ck measuring context with other inferior races and nations like yourself. Go sell some pizzas. LOL

"The first successful ascent on k2 was made by two Italians, Lino Lacedelli and Achille Compagnoni, on 31 July 1954, but not before a number of climbing disasters had already turned K2 into a legend among the world's mountaineering fraternity. The Italians used oxygen and a large party to tackle the summit along the now commonly traversed south-eastern ridge known as the Abruzzi Spur. An American expedition a year earlier resulted in one of the most dramatic rescues in climbing history when a single climber managed to hold on to five other colleagues who had fallen using nothing more than an ice pick."

So what makes K2 so dangerous?

"It's enormous, very high, incredibly steep and much further north than Everest which means it attracts notoriously bad weather," says Britain's most celebrated mountaineer Sir Chris Bonnington, who lost his colleague Nick Escourt in an avalanche on K2's western side during an expedition in 1978. In 1986 13 climbers were killed in a week when a vicious storm stranded numerous expeditions.

Although Everest is 237m taller, K2 is widely perceived to be a far harder climb. "It's a very serious and very dangerous mountain," adds Sir Chris. "No matter which route you take it's a technically difficult climb, much harder than Everest. The weather can change incredibly quickly, and in recent years the storms have become more violent. People who have recently been there have told me that the snow conditions are also getting worse."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-challenge-a-mountaineer-can-face-885220.html

When it comes to climbing difficulty levels people dont even mention alps next to karakorum deadly peaks. Its not just steepness but the glaciers that need to be crossed in trekking and most dangerous of all are the sudden weather changes.

Its the challenging aspect that has made Karakoram summiting a mystery and a draw for climbers around the world. I dont need to say these things just cause its in my country ,one just needs to ask seasoned climbers.

Also another article that lists dedaliest peaks

https://matadornetwork.com/trips/11-most-dangerous-mountains-in-the-world-for-climbers/

2. K2

The world’s second highest mountain is known among climbers as one of the most technically difficult in the world. Ascents of even the easiest route require crossing a complicated glacier, ascending steep sections of rock, and negotiating a path around a series of ice pillars, called seracs, which are prone to collapse without warning. The technical difficulty of this mountain makes it one of the most committing and dangerous in the world.

5. The Eiger

The Nordwand, or north face, of this peak in the Swiss Alps is an objective legendary among mountaineers for its danger. Though it was first climbed in 1938, the north face of the Eiger continues to challenge climbers of all abilities with both its technical difficulties and the heavy rockfall that rakes the face.

The difficulty and hazards have earned the Eiger’s north face the nickname Mordwand, or Murder Wall.

We have this in Italy

40197531.jpg

You should give it a try.

Whats in the name sunshine? Understand this, Karakorum is for real MEN, boys go and climb your SHITY PUNNY Alps.

Look at Eiger, its like a fkig tourist spot. LOL

View attachment 450246

And this is the neighbourhood the MIGHTY K2 resides.

View attachment 450247

Its like comparing a thug (K2) living in rough neighbour with a 18 year old Barbie doll (Eiger). And that thug wants to fk the Barbie. LOL

View attachment 450248

You are embarrassing yourself you punny Italian boy. do your d|ck measuring context with other inferior races and nations like yourself. Go sell some pizzas. LOL

Do you know who first climbed the K2? Can you name me the names? I´m interested in its history.

Do you know who first climbed the K2? Can you name me the names? I´m interested in its history.

I am only interested to what belongs to me, my mighty civilization and pure/scared land. And how it is superior to other inferior lands and races.

As I said to you, you can take your alps up your arse for all I care. A toad will not know the world outside its pond.

I am only interested to what belongs to me, my mighty civilization and pure/scared land. And how it is superior to other inferior lands and races.

As I said to you, you can take your alps up your arse for all I care. A toad will not know the world outside its pond.

Teach me about your scred lands please. Who was the first who stand on top of the K2? Which mighty civilisation was the first to send men standing on top of the K2?

We have this in Italy

40197531.jpg

You should give it a try.

LMAO @ history just now this guy was disaparging pakistan our race and karakoram an dits peaks. Now i gave him names of two italians who summitted k2 first and he is claiming to be a history buff

LMAO @ history just now this guy was disaparging pakistan our race and karakoram an dits peaks. Now i gave him names of two italians who summitted k2 first and he is claiming to be a history buff

Why was it two italians who first climbed the K2? I mean its in your lands so i dont understand this?

You are a clown that belongs in the circus.

It's simply not possible to have any infrastructure around the second highest peak in the world. You are clearly clueless if you think the alps are a match for the highest peaks in the Himalayas.

K2 is arguably the most challenging peak to climb....speak to any professional climber and stop making a fool out of yourself.

Regards

Why was it two italians who first climbed the K2? I mean its in your lands so i dont understand this?

It's because Italians are superior to Pakistanis. They had special ropes made of extra tough spaghetti that helped them climb the mountain.

Anyways for pakistan posters.

This is about Rakaposhi peak . The peak has never been summitted or at leats not summitted uptil 2005 from its Nw route

Rakaposhi s NW Spur - Still unclimbed NW Spur - Unclimbed
The NW spur is the longest spur in the world, rising nearly 4000m over a length of 7km between the Masot and Gulmit glaciers. It remains unclimbed today and is one of the Karakoram's big unclimbed objectives. The first 3000m involves mixed climbing with the need for aid climbing at some points. This is followed by a flatter section but, between it and the summit raised the most difficult part: a sheer vertical rock wall, 700m high.
The first attempt on this route was in August 2001 by a French team consisting of Manu Pellissier, Manu Guy, Ildi Kiss, Isabelle Carrier and Jawed Ali. Following acclimatisation on nearby peaks and sustained bad weather the attempt was made in an Alpine style approaching from the Gulmit Glacier. Due to poor conditions the team made little progress and the objective was switched to the North Spur instead. Following more bad weather this route also had to be abandoned.
In 2005 a primarily Italian team consisting of Alberto Peruffo (leader), Renzo Corona, Ivo Ferrari, Michele Romio, Marco Scarso and American Carlos Buhler made the second attempt. The team tried to approach from the Masot Glacier but discovered that a surprisingly large glacial retreat over the last four years had made it impossible to find a feasible libe through the maze of seracs guarding access to the foot of the Spur. They eventually abandoned their attempt. A trip report is available here.

There is further information about the route including some good topos here

https://www.summitpost.org/rakaposhi/173510

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom