What's new

If Sharia were enforced, TTP would abide by Constitution: Prof Ibrahim

The crazy part will be that minorities especially the shias and ahmedis will be lined up on the streets and beheaded or shot on some trumped up charges.

Yeah and after Ahmadis and Shia they will come for the rest of Muslims who were busy enjoying their lives while their fellow countrymen were being butchered.

@Talon,

lol,

One thing is for sure, when Pakistan gets full shariah going, the mullahs will go bat crazy all over Pakistan with beheadings and stoning and chopping of hands and whipping on all the streets of pakistan.
Kindly get the basic education on Shariah before commenting ...I really am tired of you people jumping at the word shariah because you were told it is the boogey man! :unsure:

Shariah is a set of laws....Some def were meant for that time ...because people were less likely to misuse...we do not have records (if you want from gora people) saying I visited Muslim land and saw people maimed on the streets or while walking down the street I saw someone getting whipped or stoned to death! Mind you medieval laws did do that in public...and there is alot of literature reporting it!

Some can be implemented even today ...Family laws, division laws

and some have brought fame to Scandanavian area (Welfare laws)...

These are to see the will of God done on earth as it is in Heaven (as in the Christian Lord's Prayer). How can we possibly know this will? By study of the revealed scriptures and by choosing talented, intelligent and far-sighted merciful people of excellent character as our judges. The whole principle of God's will is to bring about compassion, kindness, generosity, justice, fair play, tolerance, and care in general, as opposed to tyranny, cruelty, selfishness, exploitation etc. All the rules of Sharia are towards those ends.

The usual criticisms of Sharia - that it is so cruel as regards execution, flogging and cutting off hands - totally ignore all the extenuating circumstances that would lead to these penalties not being applied. They are known as hadd penalties (pl. hudud), the extreme limit of the penalty. Thus, if a person was sentenced to having a hand cut off, he or she should not be sent to prison and/or be fined as well. People who regard these practices as cruel will never be persuaded otherwise, so Muslims usually leave that aside. Their point is that the cutting of the hand for theft is a very powerful deterrent - Muslims care less for the callous and continual thief than they do for the poor souls who are mugged and robbed and hurt by the thieves.

The Middle East is certainly not full of one-handed people - as any traveller would tell you. What we have lost here is the horror of dishonour that true Muslims still have. They would do anything rather than offend Allah, and they of course believe that Allah sees every single thing that is done - there are no secrets. Even if you get away with something on earth, it has been seen and recorded and you will have to face judgement for it eventually, and the people hurt by your action will be recompensed. Of course, if you do not believe in God, or a judgement, or a life to come, the whole system is quite meaningless to you. In Sharia law, if a thief could prove that he/she only stole because of need, then the Muslim society would be held at fault and made to supply that need, and there would be no hand-cutting. Most thieves would think twice before risking a hand on mugging an old lady for her handbag!

Adultery

In the west, adultery has become so commonplace because of sexual freedoms - all the emphasis these days seems to be on finding sexual satisfaction; in Muslim societies, there is far less emphasis on sex - it is usually regarded as a weakness that can lead to all sorts of trouble. Family is far more important; the notion of a million unborn children per year being aborted, and single mothers, is abhorrent in Islam.

Murder
Sharia law for murder allows the death penalty, but is kinder than western law in one respect - after judicial judgement has been made, appeals are then allowed to the family of the murdered victims, and they are begged to be merciful. In Islam, it is always regarded as the height of mercy to forgive a murderer, even though one may have the right to take his/her life in reprisal.

The form of execution is not specified in Islam - i.e. it is not usually a stoning. Beheading used to be regarded as the quickest and most merciful way (as in Roman law, and the French guillotine); these days other methods may find approval. There are apparently far fewer executions in most Muslim countries than in the USA, for example. The penalty for adultery is open to debate. Most scholars will insist that the penalty as laid down in the Qur'an was 100 lashes, and there were various rules for regulating how lashes were to be given too. Other scholars maintain that the old penalty for adultery as laid down by the previous prophets was stoning (as in the Old Testament). By New Testament times, the prophet Jesus had the famous case where a guilty woman was forgiven and sent away, told only to sin no more.

In some Muslim societies, judges and populaces might stone out of mistaken belief that this was what Islam required. In fact, Islam made it virtually impossible - to be sentenced to death for adultery, the couple had to be actually witnessed performing the physical act by four people who were in a position to identify both parties without doubt; this virtually ruled out the penalty, since adultery is taken for granted as a secret act and something not done in public.

The crazy part will be that minorities especially the shias and ahmedis will be lined up on the streets and beheaded or shot on some trumped up charges.
Again your knowledge makes you look like a clear cut fool...

Individual rights vs needs of society?
Basically in Islam the needs of society always come first, with the proviso that injustices should always be able to be taken to judges who are not corrupt. The old Arab system allowed any person, no matter how humble, to take his/her case to the highest in the land personally. Islam brings a very strong sense of justice, and care of the oppressed and exploited.

Does Sharia make life easier or harder for the ordinary Muslim?
Much easier for those who strive to live the correct life pleasing to God and in kindness and peace with the neighbour; much harder for the one who is selfish, callous, cruel, exploitative, dishonest etc. There is virtually no sympathy for such people - unless they really are mentally ill, in which case they are not regarded as culpable in Sharia. All those before the age of puberty, or not of sound mind, are not regarded as culpable.

Why has Sharia become a synonym for cruelty and lack of compassion?
I think through two things - ignorance of the reality of Sharia law, and much publicised cases where Muslims in positions of authority have been very poor Muslims, if not non-Muslims in Muslim disguise. For example, 100 years ago we had stories of awful Turkish sultans, and people being rushed to blocks to have their hands cut off etc. The media picks out certain cases and blows them up to make a big drama of them - they might pick on one particular murderer on death row in the USA and rouse everyone's feelings, but totally ignore all the others due to be executed that day!

A case like the Nigerian woman in danger of being stoned for adultery is a case in point. She might have been stoned by irate villagers, but on being taken into custody and judged by Sharia law she gets the opportunity to appeal and explain etc. In her case, if it is true that she was raped, she most certainly would not be sentenced to death. What interests me is who were the rotten people who brought the case against her anyway?

Incidentally the correct Islamic method of stoning according to Sharia was similar to that advised by the Pharisees at the time of Jesus - the person was held fast in a fixed position, and a stone or rock that it took two men to lift (i.e. was heavier than one man could lift alone) was to be dropped to crush the head - it was not someone tied to a post and rocks hurled at them, although this has been done in some cultures. The point was that if someone really had to be executed, it was to be done swiftly, with as little torture as possible, and usually publicly so that no vindictive person could do further nasty things behind the scenes and get away with it.

Sharia should promote gender equality. In fact, the natural Islamic tendency is to always consider women as the weaker sex in need of care and protection, and come down hard on the men who allow their womenfolk to get into difficulties.

BBC - Religions - Islam: Sharia

But off course everyone oversees all this...Out of mere habit or ignorance? That is up to you to decide!

@Talon,

lol,

One thing is for sure, when Pakistan gets full shariah going, the mullahs will go bat crazy all over Pakistan with beheadings and stoning and chopping of hands and whipping on all the streets of pakistan.

Seriously your ignorance is far from funny :enjoy:

Well nothing lasts for ever. USA may be going down but Muslim countries and the castle of Islam aka Pakistan is literally falling below the standards of a functioning state.
there are ups and downs in every country, otherwise Pakistan is going great

@Talon,

lol,

dude, not cool, THIS NEVER HAPPENED AND IT NEVER WILL.

dude, i deny that day will ever come that dude is talking about

Who knows? Back in 60s Pakistan was relatively peaceful and prosperous i wonder Pakistani back then ever thought that 50,000 thousand Pakistanis would die at their own brother's hands.

Who knows? Back in 60s Pakistan was relatively peaceful and prosperous i wonder Pakistani back then ever thought that 50,000 thousand Pakistanis would die at their own brother's hands.
Back then other sects were not as divergent as today...I reject almost each and every...

Nothing to do with Islam or Shariah law just Mullah hatred...

And hence, why I channel my money to educating the people so they wont get fooled over and over....

@Jaanbaz How many of you educate others rather than cry rivers?

So maybe instead of crying and going on with saying bad things about Pakistan (where you dont even live) either educate them or at least try...The prob with today's people (esp Muslims) is they dont try but cry rivers...And they def dont see that if not in this world they will be rewarded in the next...Sometimes one has to wonder if they believe in hereafter anymore coz if they did...they would know their reward is in ALLAH's hands and HE is just! or unless they have doubt in HIS justice too?! :unsure:

lol@talon,

you have some crazy romantic idea about shariah and you dont know half of your crazy mullahs and clergy who discuss whether it is fair to have sex with one's sister and daughter or the crazy *** mullah council who reduced the girls marraigeable age.

As for the trumped up charges against the minorities - with half shariah thousands of your minorities are being percecuted - imagine what will happen when they get full license..

what brothers? whos governmanet was in 60s?

In Pakistan today with the power mad Mullahs have any type of "shariah" will lead to mass bloodshed.

Back then other sects were not as divergent as today...I reject almost each and every...

Nothing to do with Islam or Shariah law just Mullah hatred...

And hence, why I channel my money to educating the people so they wont get fooled over and over....

@Jaanbaz How many of you educate others rather than cry rivers?

So maybe instead of crying and going on with saying bad things about Pakistan (where you dont even live) either educate them or at least try...The prob with today's people (esp Muslims) is they dont try but cry rivers...And they def dont see that if not in this world they will be rewarded in the next...Sometimes one has to wonder if they believe in hereafter anymore coz if they did...they would know their reward is in ALLAH's hands and HE is just! or unless they have doubt in HIS justice too?! :unsure:

I am not even a Muslim according to the Pakistan government so why should i care? In the end illiteracy and ignorance will damage the majority. Even the ''official'' Muslims cannot speak out against the Mullah system of brainwashing and death. We saw what happened to Salman Taseer and his son is still missing.

I am not even a Muslim according to the Pakistan government so why should i care? In the end illiteracy and ignorance will damage the majority. Even the ''official'' Muslims cannot speak out against the Mullah system of brainwashing and death. We saw what happened to Salman Taseer and his son is still missing.
So you have accepted it? Thats interesting...

I never brought in a govt, country or nation...I was asking on individual level :coffee:

I dont know nor care about Salman Taseer...My God aint gonna ask me anything related to him or the Mullah...just about me and what I have done...see the differences?!

This is a very legitimate demand, an Islamic country should have the Islamic laws. I don't see any reason for a confusion here. Besides according to a Pew research 84% of Pakistanis support implementation of Sharia and 64% of Pakistanis want death penalty for apostasy.

Executive Summary | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

64 percent of Muslims in Egypt and Pakistan support the death penalty for leaving Islam

Why don't these Kaffirs follow Islam right now and stop killing innocent people.

Very convenient, no true Muslim can be a Taliban. Blame them kafirs. :rolleyes:

So you have accepted it? Thats interesting...

I never brought in a govt, country or nation...I was asking on individual level :coffee:

I dont know nor care about Salman Taseer...My God aint gonna ask me anything related to him or the Mullah...just about me and what I have done...see the differences?!

Accepted what? What i said was that don't expect me to teach Sunnis about Mullahs, Jihad and Education. Because as i said in Pakistan my view would not be accepted nor would it be allowed in public.

Individuals can't do anything if the society is corrupt. For all the educated and decent Pakistanis the safest place is to be is out of Pakistan.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom