What's new

If PAF was Selecting Which MRCA wud Fit

It is the question whether IAF is a risk. It is riskier for them to start a war and face the results with other weapons like BM, CM or the 160 million Pakistani... Even in case of nuclear they would have to face the result of mutual destruction.

Ceterus Pasibus with fighterjets as the only option. India and Russian planes are always same risk as Pakistan and US planes... Either they fall out of the sky due to bad parts or the boycot starts again... With so many Russian planes they are just slaves for Russia. Every engine of the MKI does return to Russia for major overhaul... Every upgrade does take decades and with every chance they miss o bu something from Russia, France or US the options are pretty clear that these parties will sell to opponent. We have seen angry French faces when it comes to reselling arabian Mirage2000. We have seen how they try to earn cash with upgrading those oldes Mirage 2000h... There is no nation with that old and outdated Mirages 2000. We have seen with France not really intrested in selling Rafale... So the probability that France will sell parts/planes to Pakistan is pretty logic. Even Keymag forum which is pretty much BRF2 is talking about mini rafale when talking about JF17-2.

The chance that Russia will see to Pakistan is increasing. There is no way India can pressure. We could not fly JF17 with Russian engines... Guess what.. We do. Same goed for FC20. Pretty big chance it has Russian parts. We have bought plenty Russian Mil;s and there is a huge chance we will get more.

The USA sells to those where the lobby and politicians work for. The difference is that Pak did get pretty much everything for free and the Indians have to pay... Some Indians say that beggars can't be chosers (Keymag) but the reality is that we need to see whether India will buy US, whether they can learn to handle high tech, whether they will get restrictions... And even then it will take them 5 years to get the numbers and qualified pilots...

China in the mean time will have mastered everything so we will gradually move from JF17 to JF17b, We will move from FC20/J10B to something like JxxP... There is more and more chance we will be able to produce them inhouse. Certainly the oerhauling. What will the Indians have? I think probably if they are lucky the bumbers.

I would say that if we have such a huge budget then why no develop JF-17 and then buy the very best of avionics,EW suite and radars (AESA) that the world has too offer and put them into the JF-17.
Another thing that we can do is that we can boost our own research and development and try taking the JFs to a next level, If stealth features can be added to an F-15, why can't the same be done with JF-17.

I would say that if we have such a huge budget then why no develop JF-17 and then buy the very best of avionics,EW suite and radars (AESA) that the world has too offer and put them into the JF-17.
Another thing that we can do is that we can boost our own research and development and try taking the JFs to a next level, If stealth features can be added to an F-15, why can't the same be done with JF-17.
sir why are yo willing to invest in the jf-17 with all the respect i do not see it going far why not the j10b?put in the money in the j10b its has a better airframe than jf better potential and a truly 4th gen plane.
i agree with you pakistan can put in all the funds and develop their own product with jv but i am not keen on the jf-17 on my opinion its just a stopgap for paf i like the fc20 to be something worthwhile and is ahaping up well if engines will be resolved but 10b still needs the thrust vectoring which it dosent not have and people in the forum claim it has.

j10 is the bird to build on in my opinion

sir why are yo willing to invest in the jf-17 with all the respect i do not see it going far why not the j10b?put in the money in the j10b its has a better airframe than jf better potential and a truly 4th gen plane.
i agree with you pakistan can put in all the funds and develop their own product with jv but i am not keen on the jf-17 on my opinion its just a stopgap for paf i like the fc20 to be something worthwhile and is ahaping up well if engines will be resolved but 10b still needs the thrust vectoring which it dosent not have and people in the forum claim it has.

j10 is the bird to build on in my opinion

moscow i would like you to look into the past and see the development of your own Mig fighter jet from the original Mig-15 to the awesome Mig-35, how many years and the amount of work being put into it, the tears the sweat and ultimately it has evolved into a fighting monster that can take on any modern day 4++ generation fighter jet your adversaries have, now imagine the same but this time keep JF-17 into your mind. Everytime we believed this is the End specification for the JF-17, it surprised us all once more, J-10 is not our baby but JF-17 is and imo we can take it as far as any other modern day fighter jet would be apart from the F-22 raptor and hence it makes sense imo to invest in the JF-17 project.

yes sir now i get you you meant the upgraded and improved versions of jf-17 may be jf-20 or something thats a cool idea but as you have specified it will take in a lot of time and lot of hard work thats certainly on.you are correct
i was looking at the immediate future maybe the next 2 -3 years so i wanted to invest on the j-10 instead but jf brand can be big its true jf-17 can be a good start they need s lot of hard work put in..

yes sir now i get you you meant the upgraded and improved versions of jf-17 may be jf-20 or something thats a cool idea but as you have specified it will take in a lot of time and lot of hard work thats certainly on.you are correct
i was looking at the immediate future maybe the next 2 -3 years so i wanted to invest on the j-10 instead but jf brand can be big its true jf-17 can be a good start they need s lot of hard work put in..

I understand however i would also like to divert you attention to a fact that the upgraded J-10 also known as the FC-20 will not be in Pakistan before 2014-15, that means there is still a gap of 5 to 6 years and that too if things went smooth with no hick ups be it related to the engine issue and (we know how slow the engine development has been so far in China as none of engine has being certified to be used in a single engine jet) or be it related to radar or avionics. So this 5 to 6 years of time again i would say can be utilized if we have the required money to develop the next version of the JF-17.
This however is my personal opinion and i am no expert over the issue.

:cheers:

moscow i agree with u till now paf was very very unprofessional when u were investing ur money in billions than u need to choose a fighter jet which can lead yo for next 30 years which JF 17 do not and we always think that is f 16 we have thats it we dont need any more this mind set will loose us war if it goes see iaf MIG 29,SU 30,Mirage 2005,MRCA we need to re think our stretegy

we need J 10B very quickly and after that either we build next gen fightewr jet with china or buy F 35 will serve well if we are injecting our money in paf we neeed to make sure it delivers im sorry JF 17 cannot serve us welll against those iaf fighter jet jf 17 is just defender nothing more it has f 16 is old or other option is SU 35 which is very unlikely we need a true air superiority fighter jet

true air superiority fighter
F 35
F 22
SU 35
SU 37
Eurofighter

and in 2020 russan will have SU 35 as their front line fighter jet they

I will first of all buy the TOT of AESA n pratt & whiteny's latest engine for JF-17. With rest of money i vill first of all try to buy the tot of F-16 60 if not then i will buy only F-16s coz i dnt wanna spend on pilot training for new air craft

Upgrading the JF-17 to try to match 4.5 gen fighters is wasteful, it was never built to be a top-of-the-line-ultra-modern-high-tech-expensive-as-hell aircraft. The sooner we understand that, the sooner we can move on and become efficient. If money was not an object and everyone in Pakistan was well-fed and happy, I would pump lots of money into the Aerospace industry, particularly in R&D, and jointly collaborate with the Chinese and Turkey on a 5th Gen aircraft and space based systems. Before that, though, if money was not an object and I was the Prime Minister (real, not puppet), I would first put money into the energy sector and build a robust economy.

Ofcourse, then the alarm would go off and I would wake up from my dream.

Last edited:
Why is SU35 going to rule the Skies. ???/

Surely it has the same RCS issue has the SU30MKI..

Rule the Skies

F22 JSF

followed by Typhoon/Rafale/ Gripen NG 2nd Tier

SU35/SU30MKI/FC20 F18SH/F15/F16/ aesa equipped 3rd Tier

** To be in the 3RD TIER you need Aesa minimum

2nd Tier you need Aesa/ and RCS below 0.5SQM/ Supercruise/

1st Tier = All of the above + True Stealth

Back
Top Bottom