What's new

If India does a Surgical strike in Pakistan, how would/should Pakistan respond??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is as bemusing as those cold threats India has been throwing at us for past couple of decades. Having said this, some Indians need a reality check!

India will never go for a covert or surgical strike, there will be a retaliation for sure, bigger in nature to India's. They know the consequences it'll have on their economy, which is in a better state than ours, for the moment. If India uses this option then India will fall back 10-15 years, can they compromise their seemingly booming economy? answer is NO, they can't afford any short term war, let alone a full fledge war.

They just use their media, like they have done so for few decades, just to give vile threats that they're going to annihilate Pakistan, as some sort of pressure tactics (really enjoy their amusing reports btw), which is pretty normal for a country which is hooked up with fantasy bollywood movies, it keeps their citizens in this bubble of being a "superior nation".

So, the question is why do so many Indians buy what their Govt/ Media tells them? are they that naive?

you guys need to come out of your fantasy world! Even a superpower like USSR couldn't keep its hold on Afghans with ak47 & rpg's, now USA is looking for a safe passage lol & Indian army/Govt has this fiction made up that they'd invade Pakistan as if India will remain safe. Nothing will happen, Pakistan is no East Pakistan, it is much stronger than before, & India can't screw up it's economy.

It is 21 century, fight will be on diplomatic front, economic front & proxies, which India is already on it for past decade. I see no chance of any full fledged war, if it ever happens India will lose more than Pakistan, & they know this.

It's more a case of wishful thinking rather than touching any reality.
A person content in his household can also perform good in the office.
India is no world stage player, like other countries of the region, it also has 101 issues at home that need to be addressed before it can influence others. If Nawaz Sharif doesn't deliver, he will be replaced by some other civilian set up, the army has no appetite to run the political show.
US once enjoyed leverage across the world but look what happened to it in Iraq and Afghanistan.... much less for India to have influence on Pakistan.... i guess it's back to drawing board for you.
No, this is not my wishful thinking. I wish democracy flourishes in Pakistan. I got swayed by the thread and assumed what our guys might actually do or what they might be doing. Trust me, thinking in India has drastically changed. I have seen how young corporate executives are thinking and how youngsters are taking up professions of their liking and not what is glamorous or more paying. If Israel with miniscule resources can think of destroying pakistan's nuke bases then India is sitting on tons of dollars. Nonetheless, this debate will lead to nowhere but I dont buy this argument that pakistan army is not interested in politics. your general can summon the prime minister, he controls defence and external affairs ministries, controls media and now i understand army has taken over the role of police in Islamabad.

wow that was one solid theory :)

but yet again pakistanies will denay it and say all that chest thumping bravado but point is what will be indias reaction as i said before it will never be like what pakistani security establishment wants it to be :devil:
I believe that India will not do anything that Pakistan is able to anticipate.

any dough ?:lol: BTW where is 56 inch modi today ?:lol:

I have seen you jumping from thread to thread asking the same question....... Right now Modi and the entire nation is mourning the death of one of the greatest human being of India.....

I do not know about the second pic, but the first pic, the commando is firing to a window of Chabad house from a nearby building at the timing of heli dropping at the roof. its called covering fire.
secound picture were taken at mumbay attack site

Mumbai terror attacks | World news | The Guardian

NSG commandos at Taj Hotel - | The Economic Times

I have seen you jumping from thread to thread asking the same question....... Right now Modi and the entire nation is mourning the death of one of the greatest human being of India.....
ohhhhh so sad i want to know MODI KYA UKHAAR SAKTA HAI PAKISTAN KA only:lol: . BTW i know he will keep cool few more days now .

We won't have to do anything. Our pathans and baloch wil terrify their troops right back to where they came from.

ohhhhh so sad i want to know MODI KYA UKHAAR SAKTA HAI PAKISTAN KA only:lol: . BTW i know he will keep cool few more days now .

For that You will have to go and ask modi himself.....

I am amazed at the extent the Pakistanis fear a surgical strike by India. Someone in Indian establishment keeps coining words like surgical strike, cold start etc. etc. Trust me, if the word is out its not going to happen. As a student of political science and with interest in strategic issues, I have started to understand how the Indian agencies function. While in past the terms like cold start and surgical strike were leaked to keep the pakistani minds occupied, the actual operations were done on diplomatic level that completely isolated pakistan and the world put pakistan on par with afghanistan and somalia. Its just a figment of my imagination but I do feel that the next thing India may do in Pakistan is to derail the democratic forces and bring about a coup by army. How it will benefit India? 1. It will reinforce the world's belief that pakistan is an unstable country. 2. An unstable country with nukes is dangerous for the world. 3. it will stop foreign aids & investments. 4. It will slow down china-pakistan economic corridor. Why I feel this way is because India has been keeping Nawaz on tanter hooks and giving him hot and cold treatment, making him look like an ineffective leader while at the same time raising the stature of the army general. This coupled with massive retaliation on borders by indian security forces and gibberish by politicians in power make the ordinary Pakistanis believe that army is the only saviour. Is India preparing a ground for an army coup in Pakistan?

nice fiction :)

Things change, & already are changing!

1) there will be no army coup, whatever they're doing they're doing so by staying in the background, so, all of your hypothetical assumption is discredited on the first point. Army has changed it's strategy with respect to political dealings. These are just wishful thinkings i've been hearing since years. good luck with your rhetoric of "failed state" lol

2) unstable country? lol you should visit Syria, or Iraq or South Sudan to understand the definition of "unstable country".

3) FYI FDI is going to be at the highest in coming years! Russia & central Asian countries are going to invest in energy projects, then Pakistan is going to give them the opportunity to use Gawadar! All of these are Multi-billion prospects for Pakistan & work has already been started! & I haven't even Included the projects by China. lol This is what has been itching Indian Govt, this economic prospect alone would belittle the Indian economy, India can never have the kind of strategic importance Pakistan has.

don't know what kind of political or strategic studies you've been doing, i guess you need to stop reading fictional digests :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom