What's new

If by Mistake People elect Modi, we have to topple that government - Mani Shankar Aiyar

I had some respect for this guy before as he is quite well educated but now he's gone full retard.
& in the meantime he may have earned few more fans in Pakistan. This guy is quite popular over there. Mani Shankar Aiyar has been a Gandhi loyalist since his college days.. & it must be hard for him to imagine a govt in India without Gandhi influence.

Holy fcuk!! Imagine poor scorp,hanging upside down from a bamboo tree in Myanmar instead of our planned week end beer party in @Ravi Nair 's house in New Zea land. :suicide:
We'll need a really loooong pole to vault into New Zealand. But we'll have to be very careful. A slight misjudgement and we'll be at the bottom of the Pacific.:ph34r: Where's that bugger these days? Bussy with his special someone I guess.:unsure:

I had some respect for this guy before as he is quite well educated but now he's gone full retard.

He's a cultured arschloch. And very elitist too. I like him only for the fact that he can speak shuddh Urdu.:lol:

We'll need a really loooong pole to vault into New Zealand. But we'll have to be very careful. A slight misjudgement and we'll be at the bottom of the Pacific.:ph34r: Where's that bugger these days? Bussy with his special someone I guess.:unsure:
Or writing poems on a white sheet of paper with a whitener :D

It's INDIA mate :D

It's the place where both LEFT & RIGHT came together to form a govt. at CENTER :D

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE HERE!!
oh well.. this time they may have to go bit beyond that to make govt at centre. Imagine a Congress lead coalition with Mulayam-Mayavati, TMC-Left, AIADMK-DMK, NC-PDP.. wow.. it would be one hell of kichdi, which isn't going to be good for anyone's health! :lol:

Okay...lets deal with this quick and short..

1.It is not like that the money spent on the games went outside the country.It created job opportunities and thereby the money got circulated and distributed among a great number of people who are all Indians.Correct me if I am wrong, from a macro-economics point of view, a money that is not spent is money wasted.Only god knows what would have happened to that budget otherwise.The money spent also resulted in improvement of facilities in sports complexes, and I get to see that every morning when I go to the stadium.
Going by your logic, we should put an end to NREGA as well.

LOL.....by that logic why not spend 10 Billion $ is digging a Hole and filling it up ?

That way we can distribute the money among more people :lol: Almost Rs. 650 in the pocket of every Indian.

I am glad you "get to see" the sports complex every morning. Would have been nice if some of us actually got to use it 365 days of the year and not use it as a Marriage hall. :coffee:

In a country where 48% of children are MALNOURISHED, we have bigger priority than building Fancy Sport complex which you can "see" and enjoy when you get up in the morning.

Do you know how many households in India have clean drinking water supplied through taps ? how many homes in India have sewage connection or even a basic Toilet ? Do you know how many children do not even have access to basic primary education ? Do you know how many children, adults and senior citizens DIE due to lack of primary health care ? Do you know how many Indians have access to pucka houses ? Do you know how many Indians can afford to travel even by public transport ?

NEREGA is not the same as building fancy sports complex for 0.0001% of the Indian population so that they can see it and feel happy.

2.It is not like Mani Shanker has done any great development or something remarkable to uplift the level of sports in India.Only words and no results.So, even if Mani Shanker had this budget, I am certain, he would have hardly done anything with that.

Mani Shanker is the one who has always been pushing for Panchayati Raj in India. An infinitely more practical and sensible ambition than making sure 20 people among a BILLION win a medal so that the rest of India can feel good about not having drinking water and sewage and education and health care and pipeline gas and good public transport. We got those shinny fake gold medals instead :lol: ...we can now all bask it its reflected glory.

3.According to you, we should not have games, because there are some corrupt people out there who will take advantage of their position..Is this the logic??Well then, eating may sometimes result in food poisoning, you should stop having breakfast and lunch then..
By all means, if some people are corrupt, then you should rather concentrate on how to stop corruption, instead of advocating to stop the games altogether.What are you? a ten year old?

We can "play and have games" when we have nothing better to do. Once we are developed and have western levels of HDI we can have "fun and games". Till then let us focus on keeping our starving children alive. If that is not too much trouble for you. :coffee: No need to ask how old you are. I get it.

LOL.....by that logic why not spend 10 Billion $ is digging a Hole and filling it up ?

That way we can distribute the money among more people :lol: Almost Rs. 650 in the pocket of every Indian.

I am glad you "get to see" the sports complex every morning. Would have been nice if some of us actually got to use it 365 days of the year and not use it as a Marriage hall. :coffee:

In a country where 48% of children are MALNOURISHED, we have bigger priority than building Fancy Sport complex which you can "see" and enjoy when you get up in the morning.

Do you know how many households in India have clean drinking water supplied through taps ? how many homes in India have sewage connection or even a basic Toilet ? Do you know how many children do not even have access to basic primary education ? Do you know how many children, adults and senior citizens DIE due to lack of primary health care ? Do you know how many Indians have access to pucka houses ? Do you know how many Indians can afford to travel even by public transport ?

NEREGA is not the same as building fancy sports complex for 0.0001% of the Indian population so that they can see it and feel happy.

Mani Shanker is the one who has always been pushing for Panchayati Raj in India. An infinitely more practical and sensible ambition than making sure 20 people among a BILLION win a medal so that the rest of India can feel good about not having drinking water and sewage and education and health care and pipeline gas and good public transport. We got those shinny fake gold medals instead :lol: ...we can now all bask it its reflected glory.

We can "play and have games" when we have nothing better to do. Once we are developed and have western levels of HDI we can have "fun and games". Till then let us focus on keeping our starving children alive. If that is not too much trouble for you. :coffee: No need to ask how old you are. I get it.

If every single rupee that is being spent has to be justified by comparing it with malnourishment, and toilets and drinking water then we will have to shut down a lot many things, including your internet connection.After all, what is more important, to strike out poverty or Internet?
Okay, jokes apart, in order to address different kinds of needs a state has, we have something called the UNION BUDGET, which allocates funds for different kinds of activities, apart from plannings.
I am sorry, the kind of arguments you are giving here, may probably work while addressing an angry mob of landless labourers who have lot of grievances.But, in reality, things are not that simple and stupid.
While we need to address the issues related to poverty, education and healthcare, we also need to take care of our space programs, urban development, and sports.

I am assuming that you have been much of a sportsmen yourself, otherwise you would not have demeaned the achievement of a sportsman.
Finally, if everybody properly does the work he is assigned to, then things run in proper order.I dont want Mani Shanker to be some Panchayat hero when he is the sports minister.I want him to do what a sports minister should do.. and I did not see that happening, not one bit.

If every single rupee that is being spent has to be justified by comparing it with malnourishment, and toilets and drinking water then we will have to shut down a lot many things, including your internet connection.After all, what is more important, to strike out poverty or Internet?
Okay, jokes apart, in order to address different kinds of needs a state has, we have something called the UNION BUDGET, which allocates funds for different kinds of activities, apart from plannings.
I am sorry, the kind of arguments you are giving here, may probably work while addressing an angry mob of landless labourers who have lot of grievances.But, in reality, things are not that simple and stupid.
While we need to address the issues related to poverty, education and healthcare, we also need to take care of our space programs, urban development, and sports.

I am assuming that you have been much of a sportsmen yourself, otherwise you would not have demeaned the achievement of a sportsman.
Finally, if everybody properly does the work he is assigned to, then things run in proper order.I dont want Mani Shanker to be some Panchayat hero when he is the sports minister.I want him to do what a sports minister should do.. and I did not see that happening, not one bit.

The best thing he did as a sport minister was keep the Asian games out. Wish he was around to have prevented the massive loot during commonwealth games.

I was the captain of my school basketball team ....... but life is not a game of basketball. :P

Achievement of a sportsman is not any greater than the achievement of a doctor or a teacher or an engineer. Guess who does more benefit to society. A doctor or a man who can hit a ball real hard ? Sport is good for building character and installing self confidence and fueling your ambition. But finally it is ONLY a preparation for life. You then take that character and ambition and go beyond running fast or hitting a ball. You make a life that is of some use to society.

If you are trying to convince me that 10 Billion $ should be spent on sports then you are not making much sense and I don't want to waste time stating the obvious.

Former union minister Mani Shankar Aiyar feels the Congress failed to build upon Sonia Gandhi’s observation that Narendra Modi was a merchant of death. Likening Modi to Adolf Hitler, he said theGujarat chief minister gave away 76% tribal land in his state to the Adani Group. Excerpts from an interview:

Some UPA leaders think the Modi wave is visible even in states like Tamil Nadu.

In a country known for its tolerance, a man like Modi cannot create any ripple, let alone wave. I am confident that 2014 is not going to be 1933 — the year Hitler came to power in Germany. But mistakes do happen. Germans are the most civilized people and yet they voted for Hitler. So, if the voters elect Modi, we have to topple that government by prevailing upon other parties. Modi knows nothing about India; he has no qualifications to be the PM.

But inflation and corruption during the UPA regime are bigger issues.

I agree there is some anti-incumbency factor against the UPA. But we have got our acts together. I can see in my constituency Mayila-duthurai how MGNREGA changed lives of poor people. And Modi had slammed this scheme. Believe me, there is no relevance of Gujarat model in large parts of the country. In Gujarat, tribals had only 8% land. Modi gave away 76% of it to the Adani Group. His campaign is funded entirely by black money.

Observers feel that the Congress is too late to counter Modi’s propaganda.

I agree we should have continuously attacked this man from 2002. But our party leadership in Gujarat shied away from attacking Modi, allowing him a lot of political space. We failed to build upon Sonia Gandhi’s correct observation that Modi is maut ka saudagar (the merchant of death). But nevertheless we have to make an all-out effort now to stop this dangerous man.

But Sanjaya Baru’s book has also added to the opposition’s ammo.

I have worked with the government for 21 years before entering the PMO. Baru had no such background and his only qualification seems to me is that his father was a teacher or a colleague of Manmohan Singh in his early years. Baru had no sense and he still hasn’t. He was an accidental media advisor to the PM. But his book has become the latest tool for the BJP but whatever he has written is his individual views.

Why did you call J Jayalalithaa the greatest magician after PC Sorcar?

A magician creates an illusion around himself as well as the audience. Jayalalithaa herself is in delusion and is now trying to bring people into a world of delusion that she will be the next PM!

'Gujarat Congress shied away from attacking Hitler-like Modi' - Hindustan Times

Sorry for changing the title, but it aptly describes Congress' definition of DEMOCRACY. For Congress, India is a democracy only till the people of this country elect Congress.

So manishankar has started realizing that BJP will come to power. Some time ago, he used to tell that NAMO can never be the prime minister.

People will not let the congress left with power to topple the government. COngress will end up in 2 figure tally with many MPs would like to switch over to BJP.

Gandhi Family will rest in Jail for their sin. Congress people will think to Merge with BJP.

Congress people will think to Merge with BJP.
afterall, what is the real difference? both are the same corrupt rich people. one has a slight secular outlook, while the other is guided by religious fanaticism. anyone can jump from-to each other.

For that first he will have to win seat in LS.

He was thrown out from his ministerial post for talking too much and gave much political mileage to BJP campaign with that chaiwala remark.

He is a Congress discard and is used on Digvijay mode these days .

afterall, what is the real difference? both are the same corrupt rich people. one has a slight secular outlook, while the other is guided by religious fanaticism. anyone can jump from-to each other.

So far as corruption is concern, No body even come close (Just 10%) of Congress.

Congress president is one of the richest poltician in world.

Her Family is the second richest family of Italy.

Damat is fasted growing billionaire.

Her son has got a huge chunk of swiss bank money of his father.

For that first he will have to win seat in LS.

He was thrown out from his ministerial post for talking too much and gave much political mileage to BJP campaign with that chaiwala remark.

He is a Congress discard and is used on Digvijay mode these days .

He's a spent bullet and has not been in LS for a long time. I think he was from RS. He's mentor of some sort to Rahul baba and Khujliwal.

Back
Top Bottom